Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear (1587 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. / Function Of 1, 2, And D In Automatic Gear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by ping2ping: 5:27pm On May 22, 2013
I'm coming up with this topic to guide prospective car buyer as to cars including the particular models that have been identified to have problematic auto gear.

We all know that auto gears are expensive to change and in most cases hardly repairable. So any effort to save or guide somebody in getting reliable will be most appreciated especially people on tight budget like me.

To start, from experiences of some of my colleagues and friends, i heard that these model of cars have auto transmission issues:
1. Honda Accord 1999 - 2003 (baby boy and EOD)
2. Mazda cars
3. Volkswagen cars

Well, i have not used any of these cars so i stand to be corrected.

All posts will be appreciated.
Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by lonelydora: 7:03am On May 23, 2013
Depends on how you maintain your car. People that have the mentality of Transmission fluid can stay upto 5 years will surely encounter problem with their transmission. Like i always say, it depends on your maintenance culture.
Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by ping2ping: 9:05am On May 23, 2013
lonelydora: Depends on how you maintain your car. People that have the mentality of Transmission fluid can stay upto 5 years will surely encounter problem with their transmission. Like i always say, it depends on your maintenance culture.

I beg to disagree. There so car models with known transmission issues, irrespective of the maintenance culture. We cannot shy away from this rather we can help ourselves by identifying such model so that potential buyers will be aware.
Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by FlyboyZee: 10:13am On May 23, 2013
ping2ping:

I beg to disagree. There so car models with known transmission issues, irrespective of the maintenance culture. We cannot shy away from this rather we can help ourselves by identifying such model so that potential buyers will be aware.

I love to disagree, but I won't.

1. Acura TL 1998-2003, is known to kick in its transmission at about 80,000 to 120,000 km. Even Acura themselves reckon with this probs and had to extend warranty for their cars to 180,000km or 7 years or whichever came first. Visit "Acurazine" online.

2. Nissan Almera Tino has a radio code problem that even Nissan themselves find it very difficult to fix. Visit the Nissan Almera Tino online forum if you doubt this.

Now, you see why my hands are tied and I can't disagree?

1 Like

Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by Nobody: 10:36am On May 24, 2013
2005-2007 Nissan Xterra. . .there's a common radiator fluid leaking into the transmission issue with these models.
Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 24, 2013
there have been complaints about e39 bmw 5series equipped with the ZF automatic tranny (96-03). the gearboxes often fail around 180k miles....
Re: Cars(models If Possible) With Problematic Automatic Gear by ping2ping: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Guys What's The Cost Of Clearing A 2008 Toyota Highlander From Apapa Port. / Help! Little Cracking Sound On Front Wheel When Turning. / Nigeria: How Made-in-lagos Car Defeated World Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.