Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,968 members, 7,952,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo (1342 Views)

Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Do You Know The Names Of Basic Colours In Your Local Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Onyegecha(f): 11:52pm On May 22, 2013
.1. Bucket 2. Basin 3. Fan 4. Pillow 5. Carpet.
Thanks.
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Afam4eva(m): 11:58pm On May 22, 2013
Bucket - ?

Barin - ?

Fan - Ekupe

Pillow - ?

Thanks - Imeela
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Lilimax(f): 11:05am On May 23, 2013
Onyegecha: .1. Bucket 2. Basin 3. Fan 4. Pillow 5. Carpet.
Thanks.
1. Bucket - ?
2. Basin -Efere
3. Fan - Akupe
4. Pillow - Mfirisi
5. Carpet. -?
cheesy
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On May 23, 2013
Lilimax:
1. Bucket - ?
2. Basin -Efere
3. Fan - Akupe
4. Pillow - Mfirisi
5. Carpet. -?
cheesy
Efere is plate.
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Onyegecha(f): 9:03pm On May 23, 2013
Oh, thank you. I never heard of mfirisi but it does make sense. Ndeewo.
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by odumchi: 3:28pm On May 24, 2013
The Central Igbo for pillow is 'ncheisi'. Sleeping mat (rug) is 'ute'. Bucket is 'ite'. Basin is 'udu'.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by Onyegecha(f): 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
Thank you, my dear but basin cannot be udu(musical instrument or water pot) . Even bucket is not ite by any stretch of the imagination. cheers
Re: Pls Help Me Supply The Names Of These Things In Lgbo by odumchi: 7:00pm On May 24, 2013
Onyegecha: Thank you, my dear but basin cannot be udu(musical instrument or water pot) . Even bucket is not ite by any stretch of the imagination. cheers

If you're looking for exact/unique translations, then I don't believe you will ever find any [that are not fabricated]. A basin is simply a deep bowl; in Igbo, we call deep bowls anything from 'efere' to 'udu'. A bucket is simply a cylinder used for scooping. Find any Igbo container that serves the same purpose and call it the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Denounces Restriction Of Movement Over Oba’s of Itire's Death / They Should Make G-work Legal! / Mayowa Nicholas - 18yr Old Calvin Klein Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.