Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nairaland Chicken Soup - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Chicken Soup (10127 Views)

VIDEO - Demon Possessed Man Bites Head Off Live Chicken In TB Joshua's Church!!! / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? / Which Came First: The Chicken Or The Egg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 4:46am On Oct 08, 2018
P E A C E - Hillsong Young & Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKd15f5XWY

There's a peace far beyond all understanding
May it ever set my heart at ease
Dare anxiety come, I'll remember that peace is a promise You keep
Peace is a promise You keep...
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by uzuede4(f): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2018
brainhack:
FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHO YOU ARE

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house."

The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?" "That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them." "For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path. wink
Nice story. Looking for the good in people will help us maintain healthy and loving relationships with them. when we make people around us feel comfortable irrespective of their short comings, they will also learn to treat us same way.( Matt7:12).
Learning to accept people for who they are, will help boost our self confidence as they also accept us for who we are. Love from the heart will help us apply this simple prince maintain our peace of mind.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 5:14am On Oct 09, 2018
uzuede4:
Nice story. Looking for the good in people will help us maintain healthy and loving relationships with them. when we make people around us feel comfortable irrespective of their short comings, they will also learn to treat us same way.( Matt7:12).
Learning to accept people for who they are, will help boost our self confidence as they also accept us for who we are. Love from the heart will help us apply this simple principle maintain our peace of mind.

The bolded resonated within me.

Thanks for sharing smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 5:18am On Oct 09, 2018
Running to you - Mosiac Msc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0COYBuaNe0

Breathe into these bones
Speak to waves and winds
There's no storm louder than
The power of Your love...
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2018
Shine On Us - Bethel Music & William Matthew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmt4KVS-_Bo

I was stumbling in the darkness
Couldn't see my hand in front of me
I was sending up an SOS
When all was lost, You came running

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
You sent the shadows scattering
When through the clouds, a piercing light
And then I saw You

Shine, shine, shine like the sun
You're waking us to life
You've only begun
Every fear, every doubt disappears
When You shine on us...
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 9:21am On May 30, 2019
poetictwenty:
WHEN I'M GONE - Joseph ogbonna Ohuche(2018)

A day comes that I will be "called to glory"
And all about me will become history.
My deeds will be told by Friends and foes,
But, no matter how the story goes,
"Always believe it"
Believe more the ones told by my foes,
Especially,those I stepped on their toes;
They have my wrongs written on their hearts,
And their tongue will sing it to every ear on Earth.
Learn from the stories the man not to be.
I have my flaws which might die with me:
My flaws fueled my failures,
Learn from it to brighten your future.
Even if I spend my years chasing perfection,
I will still die a man with imperfections.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 1:46am On Apr 16, 2020
THE BROKEN ONES
Author - Brainhack

You have to walk a long road, on that road you would heal, conquer your flaws and leave behind all your pain & regrets. If you are already on this hard road, count yourself lucky because some people never had the chance to take such a journey till their existence became a fading memory.

Yes, truly life can be cruel. Life gives you burdens to bear but it is not everyone that suffers that would have a happy ending. A happy ending is not promised to anyone nevertheless look inward for strength, strength to shape your own reality.

When you ascend beyond all your suffering and reach the mountain top of triumph don’t forget to let your light shine down to those in valley of despair. For some, your little kindness will be the only beacon of hope within reach to rekindle the fire of their will. Their will to live and fight again.

Keep shining your light till the dawn of the final day. Then your soul shall join in the loudest shout of victory, in the congregation of other broken ones; whose beauty has been perfect and the radiance of their glory shall never fade.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 3:27am On May 19, 2020
PRAYING THROUGH SHIT
Author - Brainhack

I tried to find a more appropriate word without miscommunicating my thoughts, but I couldn’t so I settled with “Shit”.

I am not very religious, so this may not align with your doctrine: for that I apologize. This is from my own personal experience, which I found to be true.

“To be human is to be beautifully flawed - Eric Wilson”

We are not perfect, we all have our inadequacies. Inadequacies we wish to be rid of, I would give a simple unusual solution – prayers. Are you struggling with an addiction – Pray. Are you in a very difficult phase of life – Pray.

Praying to God in Jesus’ name is not only for the perfect, it is most especially for you the imperfect, the sinner, the unworthy.

If you are smoker but you wish to quit, accepting Jesus as your savior is the first step but to be honest with you that alone may not get rid of this unwanted craving in your body but smoking or struggling with an addiction doesn’t make you less a son/daughter of the Most High God. You may still have this uncontrollable urge to smoke, after a short battle the urge overwhelms you, you light one then take a long drag which soothes your mind or whatsoever your addiction may be, I ask you to do something crazy at this moment while you are at it – Pray.

While you take these puffs of cigarette, or in the act of that very addiction you wish to be rid of – Pray: old things have passed away, all things are new. I am a new creature in Jesus’ name. I guarantee you, one day you would wake up to despise these habits/addictions to the extent that it would disgust you and your body would not derive a single pleasure from it: every single craving for it gone. How am I so sure? I have seen it happen and I heard others testify.

I have also been in very difficult situations, where I found myself helpless; with issues I had no solution to, moments I had no one to turn to for help, no direction but I came out of them all, how - I Prayed. In a day, Pray as many times as possible. Pray every time you remember your problems. Pray every time you feel depressed. You are taking a shower, Pray. Pray Pray Pray. Suddenly, sooner than you expect, out of nowhere, ideas begin to drop, doors begin to open, and your solution will find you.

Imperfect man, Pray.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
A Song In The Heart

Lately I have been waking up from sleep with a gospel song. I hear the same song resonating through my mind for hours on end during sleep (I hear it from my dream state well into my awakening). It usually feels like i have been listening to a wonderful recording on repeat.

I wake up with unusual peace, singing this same song. First thing, I reach out for my phone; if I don’t have it, I start searching Apple music. It‘d be the very song I just want to listen to at that moment.

Today‘s song was - He is Faithful

He has paid the highest price
He has proven His great love for us
We will praise Him with our lives
And proclaim our love for Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RatWaFGKIOw
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
The Nomad and The Hummingbird

-1-
Sizzle, Sizzle
Around the time the harsh sun rose up into the sky and shone upon the land
The hummingbird appeared before the nomad again
Who was exhausted from walking
“Nomad, please listen to my song one more time”
No matter how hard the nomad tried to shoo the bird away
It refused to leave his side.
“If I can get you to lie again, will you listen to my song once more?”
“I already told you, I’m on this journey to die. I have no reason to lie anymore”
The frustrated nomad was sure he could win this time
--and agreed to the hummingbird’s terms
“Why do you want to die?”
“I may have the eyes to you, ears to hear your song and a mouth to speak to you but I’ve lost everything else.”
And then, the hummingbird replied, “No, You also have the hands to shoo me away and legs to take you on this journey.”
“Yes, you are right. You win again.”
And so, the nomad listened to the hummingbird’s song once more
This song was even more beautiful than the last and the nomad felt solace in his heart.
The hummingbird seemed satisfied as it finished its song and then flew off into the wind.

-2-
Just around the time the sun began to fall and dyed the earth red
The nomad continued on his journey and found the hummingbird dying
He could have just walked by
But the nomad stopped and spoke to the hummingbird
“Say, Hummingbird. I may have the eyes to see you, ears to hear your song, a mouth to speak to you, the hands to shoo you away, and the legs to take me on this journey, but I’ve lost everything else.”
“I truly have nothing else.”
And then dying hummingbird replied in a faint voice, “That is a lie. You have a past to regret, a present you can choose and an undetermined future. To a soul that is dying like me, you still have everything left in this world.”
“Yes, you are right. You win again. Now, sing for me.”
The nomad sat down next to the bird, awaiting its song, but he doesn’t hear a thing. The hummingbird had already passed on.

-3-
The nomad buried the humming bird on the side of the road and sung the hummingbird’s song as if to mourn its loss.
He found that singing that song eased his soul.
Eventually, he had finally reached the ocean.
The nomad asked the quiet ocean as it reflected the starry sky, “I am a nomad who walked a long way to get here. Could you grant me my wish?”
The ocean splashed a small wave and replied, “Those who come here with wishes ask for the same things, money, fame or death. Which do you desire?”
Then the nomad replied with a beaming face, I once had everything, so I desire none of those things
“I just want to be shown the way back home.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:29am On May 08, 2022
Speak… Listen…

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2022

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by TheSourcerer: 10:47pm On May 08, 2022
brainhack:
The Nomad and The Hummingbird

-1-
Sizzle, Sizzle
Around the time the harsh sun rose up into the sky and shone upon the land
The hummingbird appeared before the nomad again
Who was exhausted from walking
“Nomad, please listen to my song one more time”
No matter how hard the nomad tried to shoo the bird away
It refused to leave his side.
“If I can get you to lie again, will you listen to my song once more?”
“I already told you, I’m on this journey to die. I have no reason to lie anymore”
The frustrated nomad was sure he could win this time
--and agreed to the hummingbird’s terms
“Why do you want to die?”
“I may have the eyes to you, ears to hear your song and a mouth to speak to you but I’ve lost everything else.”
And then, the hummingbird replied, “No, You also have the hands to shoo me away and legs to take you on this journey.”
“Yes, you are right. You win again.”
And so, the nomad listened to the hummingbird’s song once more
This song was even more beautiful than the last and the nomad felt solace in his heart.
The hummingbird seemed satisfied as it finished its song and then flew off into the wind.

-2-
Just around the time the sun began to fall and dyed the earth red
The nomad continued on his journey and found the hummingbird dying
He could have just walked by
But the nomad stopped and spoke to the hummingbird
“Say, Hummingbird. I may have the eyes to see you, ears to hear your song, a mouth to speak to you, the hands to shoo you away, and the legs to take me on this journey, but I’ve lost everything else.”
“I truly have nothing else.”
And then dying hummingbird replied in a faint voice, “That is a lie. You have a past to regret, a present you can choose and an undetermined future. To a soul that is dying like me, you still have everything left in this world.”
“Yes, you are right. You win again. Now, sing for me.”
The nomad sat down next to the bird, awaiting its song, but he doesn’t hear a thing. The hummingbird had already passed on.

-3-
The nomad buried the humming bird on the side of the road and sung the hummingbird’s song as if to mourn its loss.
He found that singing that song eased his soul.
Eventually, he had finally reached the ocean.
The nomad asked the quiet ocean as it reflected the starry sky, “I am a nomad who walked a long way to get here. Could you grant me my wish?”
The ocean splashed a small wave and replied, “Those who come here with wishes ask for the same things, money, fame or death. Which do you desire?”
Then the nomad replied with a beaming face, I once had everything, so I desire none of those things
“I just want to be shown the way back home.”
Beautifully and carefully thought of .impressive really
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 10:52pm On May 08, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Beautifully and carefully thought of .impressive really

It is but I can’t take credit for it. Its was copied from an anime Megalobox. The narrator told the story as relating to the life of one the protagonist.

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by TheSourcerer: 11:06pm On May 08, 2022
brainhack:

It is but I can’t take credit for it. Its was copied from an anime Megalobox. The narrator told the story as relating to the life of one the protagonist.
you been writing for years ......
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
“There are many talented people who haven’t fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.” – James Cameron

“I love the recklessness of faith. First, you leap, and then you grow wings.” – William Sloane Coffin

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
What determines success: luck or hard work?

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 1:01am On Jun 07, 2023
What’s Around the Tree By Louise Belcher (Christmas Poem) (Bob’s Burger - Season 13 Episode 10)

I can’t see
What’s around the tree
When I’m pawing through the presents
But when I sit back
And get my present unwrapped
I look up and I see my parents
I see and smell my brother
That’s clearly where the gas is
And I see my sister
With something that looks like gingerbread on her glasses
And we don’t have gingerbread
So this is odd
We made funny ornaments for the tree this year
And we make funny ornaments sitting here
Around the tree
So jolly
I didn’t expect to feel this way
I was focusing on Santa
But the best presents
Are sitting here
And they aren’t even wrapped up

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by boomcity009(m): 6:57am On Sep 16, 2023
Dope story
I kinda enjoyed iy.
God bless you for sharing

brainhack:
HE STILL SPEAKS

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study. The Pastor had shared about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice. The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?"

After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message. Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways. It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God.. If you still speak to people speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey."

As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought, stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on toward home. But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli. "Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk.

He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home. As he passed Seventh street, he again felt the urge, "Turn down that street." This is crazy he thought and drove on past the intersection.

Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street. At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will". He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop.

He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in semi-commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed.

Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep.

He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat. "Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid."

Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk. Finally, he opened the door, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here."
He walked across the street and rang the bell.

He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away.

The man was standing there in his jeans and t-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?" The young man thrust out the gallon of milk,"Here, I brought this to you."

The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway speaking loudly in Spanish. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face. The man began speaking and half crying, "We Were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk."

His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I ask him to send an Angel with some. Are you an Angel?" The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man's hand.

He turned and walked back toward his car and the tears were streaming down his face. He knew that God still answers prayers.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2023

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
…..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Warnings To Pastor Kumuyi, Muoka Etc - By Sister Linda / Adeseye Senfuye's Church Begins Special Empowerment For Ogun Youths / How To Have Peace In Difficult Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.