Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? (64050 Views)

The Legend Of The Bush Baby / Ever Heard A Bush Baby's Cry / Can Anyone Explain What An Agbere Is ( Bush Baby) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 6:54am On May 23, 2013
In our younger years, most of us heard the stories of a supposedly mystical creature/animal called the 'bush baby' that was seen only at night and always made a sound like a crying baby at peoples' doors. The animal would then kill and eat any unfortunate victim that comes to the aid of the 'crying baby'. How real was the story or was it just a myth someone made up. Is their really a 'bush baby' out their in our bushes, has anyone had any experience with these dangerous creatures? Please share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by obisage(m): 7:03am On May 23, 2013
I have heard such stories and evenheard the cry of such creature.
But we were too afraid to come and to come out and see what it is.

But on another day, such creature was cryingwhile we were coming
Back from earlymorningstream, we had no choice than to confront.
We then discovered it was a very matured CAT (bush cat) that was crying

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by madnesscom(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2013
I have a friend who said his mum told them the bush baby once terrorised their village some years back, ate unsuspecting women and children. I still occassionaly hear babies crying at night in my neighbourhood where their absolutely no baby but fear nogo gree pesin go check lol.
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2013
Dear mods maybe you should just help move the topic to frontpage am sure more people would really want to know more about this wonderful creature. Thanks
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by nedu2000(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2013
Bushbaby is the name of an animal,though I think some of its abilities are hyped
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 8:15am On May 23, 2013
nedu2000: Bushbaby is the name of an animal,though I think some of its abilities are hyped
i've tried googling the strange animal but it seems google doesnt just know what am talking about. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by nedu2000(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2013
valicious1:
i've tried googling the strange animal but it seems google doesnt just know what am talking about. Lol.
it is,goes by the name 'galagos'(google that)
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by madnesscom(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2013
nedu2000: it is,goes by the name 'galagos'(google that)
galagors is a type of wild cat and not bush baby. Bush baby is just a myth
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2013
nedu2000: it is,goes by the name 'galagos'(google that)
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by nedu2000(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2013
madness.com:

galagors is a type of wild cat and not bush baby. Bush baby is just a myth
it is,why not check it out.....galagos like bus babies all. Have 'segun arinze' eyes,the name 'Bush baby' is its 2nd name

1 Like

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by obisage(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2013
Galagos /ɡəˈleɪɡoʊz/, also known as bushbabies, bush babies or nagapies (meaning "little night monkeys" in Afrikaans), are small, nocturnal [2] primates native to continental Africa, and make up the family Galagidae (also sometimes called Galagonidae). They are sometimes included as a subfamily within the Lorisidae or Loridae. According to some accounts, the name "bush baby" comes from either the animal's cries or appearance. The South African name nagapie comes from the fact they are almost exclusively seen at night. Galagos are said to have evolved 40–50 million years ago from slow-moving prosimians that could not compete with larger, faster primates in Africa. The competition was much less at night, so they evolved into the bush babies they are today. [3]

In both variety and abundance, the bush babies are the most successful primitive primates in[3]
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by nedu2000(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2013
obisage: Galagos /ɡəˈleɪɡoʊz/, also known as bushbabies, bush babies or nagapies (meaning "little night monkeys" in Afrikaans), are small, nocturnal [2] primates native to continental Africa, and make up the family Galagidae (also sometimes called Galagonidae). They are sometimes included as a subfamily within the Lorisidae or Loridae. According to some accounts, the name "bush baby" comes from either the animal's cries or appearance. The South African name nagapie comes from the fact they are almost exclusively seen at night. Galagos are said to have evolved 40–50 million years ago from slow-moving prosimians that could not compete with larger, faster primates in Africa. The competition was much less at night, so they evolved into the bush babies they are today. [3]

In both variety and abundance, the bush babies are the most successful primitive primates in[3]
vindicated!! grin
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by dasparrow: 2:43pm On May 23, 2013
@Post

Bush babies do exist but all that belief about them killing people is pure crap. See the picture of bush babies below. They are nocturnal animals and they certainly don't kill people. Emancipate your minds people! This is after all the 21st century.

1 Share

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2013
nedu2000: it is,why not check it out.....galagos like bus babies all. Have 'segun arinze' eyes,the name 'Bush baby' is its 2nd name
lol at 'segun eyerinze' eyes!
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Bush babies do exist but all that belief about them killing people is pure crap. See the picture of bush babies below. They are nocturnal animals and they certainly don't kill people. Emancipate your minds people! This is after all the 21st century.

since they re carnivores i think they might also possibly be man-eaters.
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by nedu2000(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2013
I heard they use to carry mat & if U̶̲̥̅̊ get it,U̶̲̥̅̊'ll be a very rich person
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 24, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

look at those eyes grin grin
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 24, 2013
they look like Kuala bears undecided
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by madnesscom(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2013
*Kails*:
kuala lumpur! I love the town.

1 Like

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by valicious1(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2013
*Kails*:
with really scary eyes
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by dozie656(m): 11:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
nedu2000:
vindicated!! grin
tru talk man ...wikipedia has everyfin about the creature...its a type of monkey actually...galago they called it...still tryn to google of its dangerous ...
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by paultj2: 10:52am On Feb 16, 2015
dozie656:
tru talk man ...wikipedia has everyfin about the creature...its a type of monkey actually...galago they called it...still tryn to google of its dangerous ...

Bush baby is not a myth. Its just another tree animal. i actually saw one today. it really has Segun Arinze's eyes. see pictures below.
[img][/img]

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by eliadekx(m): 9:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Bush babyis real my homies but one things u gotta know is that the bush baby of a things don't underestimate the size because is not an ordinary animal at all, bush baby is a spitual animal and if u can't see spiritual my dear 4get even if u head the sound to 9it and u have the mind to go close u won't see rather it will kill you,

The animal once kill a soldier man gaurd his boss compound even if it kill it won't eat the thing the animal do. Is that if it kill somebody it will tear your skill from the mouth to the face and drop it at your back head,

It once kill a pregnant woman too in that same yaba and one thing I want to let you know is that creature is a very strong spiritual creature that use to have a small peace of cloth not an ordinarry material is like those dankaka bags of those days and the cloth use to be xtraordinary dirty

And any strong spiritual man who succeded in killing the creature and take that rag my dear that person has become a mighty billionaire it got to the level that people visit spiritualist,baba lawo, juju men in other to get the spiritual power & go in search of bush baby

People from different state do come to lagos here in search of it because the thing like where they is plenty people, even you can never hear the bush baby's cry anywhere around you if canan is not close

I witness the kiling of the soldier man and pregant woman in 1995 in yaba I hear stories about bush baby, it got to the level that we the smaller people of the house once is 6:30 they look us to play inside house because the stuff was seriously raining during that period and ever since that I haven't held of bush baby till

Last night this august 2016 so take note let no one decieve you and u take a touch light with bare chest in the name that u want to see the bush baby crying around you u will never even see it.

3 Likes

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by ERCROSS(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2017
eliadekx:
Bush babyis real my homies but one things u gotta know is that the bush baby of a things don't underestimate the size because is not an ordinary animal at all, bush baby is a spitual animal and if u can't see spiritual my dear 4get even if u head the sound to 9it and u have the mind to go close u won't see rather it will kill you,

The animal once kill a soldier man gaurd his boss compound even if it kill it won't eat the thing the animal do. Is that if it kill somebody it will tear your skill from the mouth to the face and drop it at your back head,

It once kill a pregnant woman too in that same yaba and one thing I want to let you know is that creature is a very strong spiritual creature that use to have a small peace of cloth not an ordinarry material is like those dankaka bags of those days and the cloth use to be xtraordinary dirty

And any strong spiritual man who succeded in killing the creature and take that rag my dear that person has become a mighty billionaire it got to the level that people visit spiritualist,baba lawo, juju men in other to get the spiritual power & go in search of bush baby

People from different state do come to lagos here in search of it because the thing like where they is plenty people, even you can never hear the bush baby's cry anywhere around you if canan is not close

I witness the kiling of the soldier man and pregant woman in 1995 in yaba I hear stories about bush baby, it got to the level that we the smaller people of the house once is 6:30 they look us to play inside house because the stuff was seriously raining during that period and ever since that I haven't held of bush baby till

Last night this august 2016 so take note let no one decieve you and u take a touch light with bare chest in the name that u want to see the bush baby crying around you u will never even see it.

Bros, u can lie ooo
so,how do zoo owners get it captured...
abi u never see am for zoo before
When e no be Lion, and there's nothing spiritual about the animal
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Stancino: 3:45am On Jul 30, 2017
People are even confused of what kind of animal it is cos I can see many pictures saying it is baby bush, I believe it is a dangerous animal too which cannot be seen easily
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Galagos may be known as bush babies but in the native Nigerian context those aren't the animals spoken of. I believe the Nigerian one got the name 'bush baby' from the sound of it's cries and the fact that it likes bushy domain. The 'bush baby' is known as 'diminutive gnome'
I believe the guy up there who called them spiritual animals but I don't belive him saying they are invisible as i've heard of a somewhat reliable source who has seen the animal and it's mat. It is called egbere in yoruba and looks nothing like the galagos.

Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by JerryJude(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
the reason why im commenting on this post is because, i have been hearing of people talking about bush baby and its crying nature at night, but never witness it, not until yesterday when i heard it crying around 4:30am by the side our our fence close to bushy swampy area in Igando-oloja at ibeju-lekki LGA lagos, at first i thought it was my neighbour's child i was wondering what could make the mother to bring him out by that time of the night, i got up from bed i couldnt find anybody outside, i keep gazing through the window at the direction of the crying baby, i couldnt find anything, the way i was hearing the sound of the cry they should be two. i quickly wake my elder brother who was fast asleep, he got up heard the crying baby as well before they eventual stop.it was then i believe th myth of bush baby or bush cat crying like a baby at night.. i never for one day believe it..anyway i dont know whether they are evil or not because i didnt see them and i didnt come out as well because of fear, if i had a shining touch i would have pointed it to that direction
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by ojonugway(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
JerryJude:
the reason why im commenting on this post is because, i have been hearing of people talking about bush baby and its crying nature at night, but never witness it, not until yesterday when i heard it crying around 4:30am by the side our our fence close to bushy swampy area in Igando-oloja at ibeju-lekki LGA lagos, at first i thought it was my neighbour's child i was wondering what could make the mother to bring him out by that time of the night, i got up from bed i couldnt find anybody outside, i keep gazing through the window at the direction of the crying baby, i couldnt find anything, the way i was hearing the sound of the cry they should be two. i quickly wake my elder brother who was fast asleep, he got up heard the crying baby as well before they eventual stop.it was then i believe th myth of bush baby or bush cat crying like a baby at night.. i never for one day believe it..anyway i dont know whether they are evil or not because i didnt see them and i didnt come out as well because of fear, if i had a shining touch i would have pointed it to that direction
probably that was a cat
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by David1520: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2022
Baby bush are real! Please someone should believe me I saw it with my naked eyes with my Friend deeep into the forest
If am lying let God huge me
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Jey24: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2022
David please where do you stay ??
Re: 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? by Phatewills(f): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Since i didn't go to a boarding school, i have heard about bush baby and madam koi koi, they said it claims through the window, with a lamp and a mat, i even asked my uncle and it spiked their memory and they starting talking about how it was at their boarding schools. I think, maybe its real, for those who experienced it

(1) (Reply)

Professional Female Begger That Drives An SUV And Begs For N1K Exposed At Ikoyi / Python Killed By A 20-Year-Old Boy In Abia State (photos) / Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.