Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

A Must Tips That Guarantees You a Secured Job Interviews and a business deal - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Must Tips That Guarantees You a Secured Job Interviews and a business deal (754 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Tips That Guarantees You a Secured Job Interviews and a business deal by Dodnextris: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2008
A must tips that guarantees you secured a job interview.

1.) You must pray for favour on the day so that you get there on time and for the employer to favour you and make you feel relax.
Do your home work i.e a) find out the profile of the company and their employee’s b.) What are their goals and objectives c.) What is the company’s last year turnover d.) What is the company’s unique selling point? E ) Find out the strengthens and weaknesses of the company.  Remember the employer is looking for solution to their problems and needs; explain how you can uniquely turn round their problems.

Please remember to speak with others doing similar roles within other organisations/firms.

It is also nice to be passionate about the job you are been interview for because the interviewer might pick up that you just want the job because you are jobless and desperate.

2.) Phone the company before the day of the interview and confirm the name of the person or people that will be interviewing you. i.e. will it be a panel interview. When you phone to the company, be nice and friendly, leave a lasting impression, you might even be able to build a relationship with the receptionist/administrator but remember you must never sound desperate in anyway.

3) Travel all the way to the interview place to find out the exact location and also to know how roughly it will take you to travel.

4.) On the day of the interview get their 30 minutes early to avoid any traffic or lateness on the day, remember you always want to leave a lasting impression. If you get to the interview early you have an opportunity to observe, look around, have a chat with staff and read the company’s newsletter.

5.) When you met the interviewer always remember to smile and give a firm hand shake with a good eye contact. Wait for the interviewer to lead you into the office because you don’t know which room you are going, wait for them to ask you which seat you are to seat on.

6.) Remember the interviewer is has nervous has you are because they have never met you before but actually may be you might be more nervous but its normal eventually you will settle down into the interview, the key thing is you know your stuff because you have done your home work, its like a school exam. Remember don’t get to personal about yourself don’t tell the employer anything they have not ask you, you must be very careful you only get one chance with company.

7.) At the end of the interview if you get the chance you can ask a question about the prospect of the job and if there will be any career progression within the company. Remember you want to leave a lasting impression.

8.) At the end remember to smile and give another firm hand shake.

9.) Remember throughout the interview you must be positive and assertive, give eye contact to all the interviewers but you must not be over confidence.

10.) You must dress in a smart dark colour, black or navy blue plain suit with a white or blue shirt, please remember to dry clean your suit. You must at least use a nice body spray if not after the interview the employer will just laugh at you when you have gone, i guess that will also be a last impression but a bad one.

11.) be aware of your body language not to be too relaxed but business like, be professional, and don’t cross your legs or your hands. You can put your hands on your lap and seat straight forward on the chair and not sideways. You must not look desperate because they will see it written all over you.

12.) Have a nice simple a hair cut, and a lady can have a simple hair style remember you don’t want your hair style to be a distraction or the attention.

13.) Personally for me whenever i interview people, from looking at their shoes it sometimes tell me a lot about them, When i attend an interview i always wear a good shoe because it gives me confidence about myself and i can walk into any office and make a lasting impression. Please borrow a shoe if you have to, don’t wear a dirty run down shoe.

14.) Remember that after you have been offered the job you should renegotiate your salary because they have already hired you and they believe in you, in most cases it works but even if it doesn’t work make an agreement with the employer that after 3 months probation they should increase your salary. Please make the deal before you start work because you have more power then.

15.) Sometimes people don’t get the job or they get a low salary because they don’t have much experience. If that’s you try and get a part time unpaid job with a good company and negotiate for your travel and lunch expenses, you must start somewhere, qualification is not enough, and you need good work experience.

16.) Remember if the company is customer oriented then let your interviewer know that you understand the value of a customer and that a customer must be secured for life to get repeat business.

17.) If you are unsuccessful with the job interview you must do an investigation to find out why you didn’t get the job. The outcome of the investigation will hopefully be genuine and this will help you prepare for the next interview. You deserve a feedback from the interview, ask and it will be given, negotiate again.

18.) please remember to switch off your mobile and use the toilet before finally entering the interview room.

I have to go now but feel free to ask me any questions because there is still a lot to write but i am a bit tired now. And if anybody needs my free advice let me know what kind of job you are looking for.

(1) (Reply)

International Opportunity For Chemistry &material Science Graduates. Urgent! / Abuja Skye Bank Test / Sunrose Interview For Management Trainee For Stockbrking Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.