Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos (10358 Views)

New Latest Core I7 Zinox Laptops For Sale / New Zinox Core I7 Laptops For Sale / My Experience With A Zinox Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by MajeOfficial: 6:32am On May 24, 2013
[size=14pt]Zinox completes new digital assembly plant[/size]

Technology
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
BY Emma Elebeke

Zinox Technologies Group has completed the installation of a new digital PC/Phones assembly plant, ahead of the end of May 2013 deadline set last year by its management.

Committed to the manufacture of quality ICT equipment, Zinox has powered and successfully tested the reliability of the digital plant, with the challenges of local power supply. The plant has capacity to assemble in-house brands as well as execute contract manufacturing for other brands.

Corporate Affairs Consultant of the Zinox Group, Mr. Echika Ezuka, in a statement, said that the plant with multiclass functionality produces desktops, laptops, tablet PCs and phones, and is structured to produce a wider range of gadgets with available components. Ezuka said that this plant has enhanced the capacity of Zinox to keep pace with international quality standards.

"Zinox would now be more competitive in terms of pricing, delivery and after sales support while increasing the rate of introducing new products." The new plant, Ezuka, added is an opportunity for Zinox to customize large orders for its customers.

With an installed capacity and digital certification of 1250 PCs daily, the Zinox plant is expected to open new vistas to the entire IT sector - nurturing new brands, improving the quality of existing ones, and introducing new levels of flexibility with product design and architecture, all at costs that would reduce prices. At last the IT sector can deliver huge orders at short notice.

Head of Operations at Zinox - Mr. Uche Onyechere said that the engineers who installed the digital plant worked in two shifts daily, including Sundays, to achieve compatibility with the nation's erratic power supply. These Engineers drawn from China and South Africa made sure the plant passed through all certifications stages, synchronizing the different sections of the plant and then tested production for a few days before internal commissioning. Mr. Onyechere confirmed that Zinox now runs a full scale digital assembly which is rated globally with a failure rate of 0.001.

Launched in 2001, Zinox Technologies Limited, is a pioneer manufacturer of internationally certified branded PCs. The company took on the onerous task of running an advocacy for the adoption of the computer as a tool for work and play through the Computerize Nigeria initiative. Zinox over the years has evolved to one of the most effective solutions companies in Sub Saharan Africa.[/img]

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/22/310.html

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by 1MCN: 6:45am On May 24, 2013
From the very first day I saw this man Leo Stan Eke the owner of the company in 2007 I knew he was a very visionary fellow. May God bless his efforts. Am waiting to hear this kind of gooodnews also about Mr Okey (hope I got the name correct) the MD of Computer Warehouse in London. He impressed me a lot when I met him in a seminar in 2008.
God bless all men who work hard to make life good for themselves and others.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 7:41am On May 24, 2013
I just love reading about completed projects wink not proposed ones angry

5 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by kelvincoll(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2013
Laudable development, I think the industrilaisation drive is heading in the right direction. Vehincle manufacturing, ICT plant, Power TRans-DISCO steel plant etc. Govt on it's own part should look into infrastructure deficit

5 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2013
Well done son. Biafrans are proud of you.

3 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 9:30am On May 24, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Well done son. Biafrans are proud of you.

3 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 9:32am On May 24, 2013
The difference between Nigeria and countries like South Korea and China is that these countries have thousands of Leo Stan Ekes' whereas Nigerian elite and graduates are more interested in politics, chasing gov't contracts and generally seeking for employment and non-productive ventures that add little or no value to the countrys GDP; their motto is 'get rich quick, no matter how you do it'.

Of course the blame lies more with the kind of visionless and greedy leaders we've had over the decades that invested little or nothing in science and technology as well as not initiating policies or investing in initiatives that could produce the next Bill Gates or Leo Stan Eke that would help place Nigeria on the world technology map. If you read Mr Ekes' story now, i'm sure you'd discover that there's little gov't assistance (in whatever form) in the beginnings of his business/company; it was only when he made it against all the odds that doing business in Nigeria throws at you, that's when he was noticed.

Things are changing though with the present gov't.

7 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by ikweremilitant: 9:38am On May 24, 2013
][size=14pt:
Zinox completes new digital assembly plant[/size]

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/22/310.html
south east always making nija proud.

3 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2013
Leo Stan Eke is a humble achiever and a philantropist.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by cecegorz(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2013
A silver lining on our darkened horizon.
Good news for many of the ComptiA skilled nerds out there.
I foresee outsourcing jobs streaming in from major phone manufacturers into the country especially on components assembly. I don't think Zinox on her own will brave going into the over-saturated phone market themselves. If they can negotiate a good deal with Nokia and Techno to handle their production for the African market, they will in turn make enough funds to push Zinox computer brands further

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 9:55am On May 24, 2013
Where's it located?
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by awodman: 10:23am On May 24, 2013
Thank you Leo Stan Ekeh..keep believing in your country and helping to reduce unemployment..continue placing us on the global map ƒσя good reasons..Kudos
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 10:53am On May 24, 2013
django1: Where's it located?

^^^Lagos.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 10:56am On May 24, 2013
Commendable.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 11:00am On May 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Lagos.

He should take a cue from Dangote
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 11:19am On May 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Lagos.

Okay!
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 11:24am On May 24, 2013
I hope this won't go down the drain
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 11:41am On May 24, 2013
Okoro2015:

He should take a cue from Dangote

^^^I know what you mean. wink

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 24, 2013
Kudos to Leo Stan Eke. ndi imo are proud of you but it will be wise setting up some of your business in imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by solomon111(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2013
Nice.
He should set up his bigger plants in the eastern region and use lagos as his annex.
The country is hanging on the brink on division,and anything can happen.
He should apply wisdom.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by 1MCN: 12:18pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Kudos to Leo Stan Eke. ndi imo are proud of you but it will be wise setting up some of your business in imo state.

I know he has always had a manufacturing plant in London and an assembly plant in Owerri. I hope he begins a manufacturing plant in Owerri or Aba or Onitsha or Awka or Nnewi or Enugu. These are very huge commercial centres and he'll create so much jobs for people. Well, he's a businessman and not a village chief or Igwe so he's more interested in a place that guarantees more return on investment.
Mana ya wuru na ihe I choro wu ohere oru nani maka Umuigbo, nsogbu adighi maka na amam na I gaa na ABC gburugburu Naijiria I ga achoputa na owu Umuigbo juputara n'ebe ahu agbanye ebe o no. Ya wu na agbanye ebe O ruru ulo oru ya O nwekwara ike inye Umu anyi ohere oru.
Olisa gozie Ala Igbo ebe M si ya na ndi ya nile

5 Likes

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 24, 2013
berem: Kudos to Leo Stan Eke. ndi imo are proud of you but it will be wise setting up some of your business in imo state.

Its an unwise business decision to build your business where there is no market or demand for your products.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by DerideGull(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2013
django1: Where's it located?

Of course, I guess it is Lagos. Leo Stan Eke is another Efulefu among many in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 24, 2013
1MCN:

I know he has always had a manufacturing plant in London and an assembly plant in Owerri. I hope he begins a manufacturing plant in Owerri or Aba or Onitsha or Awka or Nnewi or Enugu. These are very huge commercial centres and he'll create so much jobs for people. Well, he's a businessman and not a village chief or Igwe so he's more interested in a place that guarantees more return on investment.
Mana ya wuru na ihe I choro wu ohere oru nani maka Umuigbo, nsogbu adighi maka na amam na I gaa na ABC gburugburu Naijiria I ga achoputa na owu Umuigbo juputara n'ebe ahu agbanye ebe o no. Ya wu na agbanye ebe O ruru ulo oru ya O nwekwara ike inye Umu anyi ohere oru.
Olisa gozie Ala Igbo ebe M si ya na ndi ya nile
eeh, nsogbu adighi! o buru na oga enye naani ndi igbo oru. odoro m anya na ndi igbo juru na company ya mana o bughi ihe ojo ka company ya dikwa na Imo state. Imo state is in dire need of private companies.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by hurricaneChris: 1:39pm On May 24, 2013
berem: eeh, nsogbu adighi! o buru na oga enye naani ndi igbo oru. odoro m anya na ndi igbo juru na company ya mana o bughi ihe ojo ka company ya dikwa na Imo state. Imo state is in dire need of private companies.

Na afo 2006, muna nwoke ahu huru na ala Owerri. Oge Imsu nyere ya Phd award. Ayorom ya ka ya biko bido isi ulo oru ya n'ala Igbo.

Ihe azaram bu "Ebe obula ono, ndi Igbo ka anyi ma"

Nwanne ga ABC ma abu na Orange drugs, ha nile bucha umuafo Igbo
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Delafruita(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2013
berem: eeh, nsogbu adighi! o buru na oga enye naani ndi igbo oru. odoro m anya na ndi igbo juru na company ya mana o bughi ihe ojo ka company ya dikwa na Imo state. Imo state is in dire need of private companies.
enabling environment
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Marineetyon(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2013
The question is- is britain ripping the benefits of hatred they sowed in nigeria?
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2013
Laudable project. I know Zinox is moving up the ladder of technology.
Its good that this is coming from Nigeria.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Chubhie: 1:43pm On May 24, 2013
Leo Stan Eke beat me to it..tis all good.A step in the right direction. Nice one Boss.
Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by kingingkinging: 1:44pm On May 24, 2013
solomon111: Nice.
He should set up his bigger plants in the eastern region and use lagos as his annex.
The country is hanging on the brink on division,and anything can happen.
He should apply wisdom.

What is your fear? Even if Nigeria breaks, does that now mean all the investment from other tribes in Lagos would be lost? NAAAAAAA. Don't even think Lagos is Lafia or Ibadan is Abia. We are not like that. After all, Nigerians have investments in far away Ghana, Togo, Gambia, London, so why panic?

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by Mobsync(m): 1:44pm On May 24, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Well done son. Biafrans are proud of you.

And what's this supposed to mean? :/

1 Like

Re: Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos by DJDOLA(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2013
Were is all does goat that love 2 abuse igbo let dem come and see oooo...igbokwenu!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn, Airtel & Glo Sms Gateways / How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.