Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Secret Of The Wealth Of King Solomon (4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret Of The Wealth Of King Solomon (4) (782 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of The Wealth Of King Solomon (4) by SonofIssachar: 6:52am On May 24, 2013
Now the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there, for that was the great high place: Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar. At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, “Ask! What shall I give you?” - 1 Kings 3:4-5

Solomon set the stage for a divine encounter with his obedience and offering. And God honoured these by appearing to him and asking him to make a request. While obedience and offering were enough to position him - and anyone for that matter - for prosperity according to the word of God (1 Kings 2:3, Proverbs 11:24), there was something extra that Solomon did that provoked God to give him far more than he asked for.

When the LORD appeared to him in the dream and asked him for what he wanted; it wasn’t wisdom that Solomon asked for, as usually bandied, he actually asked for an understanding heart. But he touched a very sensitive cord in the heart of God with his request. He asked for something that matters the most to God, which made Him release all to him. Let’s read Solomon’s request:

And Solomon said: “You have shown great mercy to Your servant David my father, because he walked before You in truth, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with You; You have continued this great kindness for him, and You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted. Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” The speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing (1 Kings 3:6-10).

Did you observe a pattern in Solomon’s request? Did you see what he asked for that got God rocking with excitement such that He was too eager to give him much more than he asked for?

If you do, please post your answer on our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/DailyDewDevotional. We will conclude this series tomorrow with the answer and that secret that earned Solomon such great wisdom and massive wealth.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

(1) (Reply)

How Does God Prosper A Person? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 25th June, 2013 Divine Partnership By Pastor / Sow Towards Your Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.