Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? (12904 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church! / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Solomon: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man Or A Foolish Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by MRC: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2012
By Babatope Babalobi

The life of the famed King Solomon is a paradox. He poured his love on God early in his life, but later on devoted his heart to worshipping idols. He was on talking terms with God early in his life, but he spent his adulthood in conversations with Satan

God specifically promised Solomon that he would die at a good old age, but Solomon died at the age of about 60, which by all standards is premature.

His kingdom was fully established in his hands when he ascended the throne, unfortunately the twilight of his reign was characterized by intense opposition which eventually led to the balkanization of his kingdom.

But the greatest tragedy of Solomon is that though he was divinely impacted with wisdom becoming the wisest man that ever lived, this wisdom turned into foolishness as he forsook God and served idols.

The concluding part of Solomon’s life was a story of avoidable sin resulting from compulsive sexual indulgence, crass materialism, unbridled idolatry, and intense hatred.

Read and listen to the audio sermon http://www.christonline.info/podcasts/solomon.mp3
http://christonline./2012/03/21/was-king-solomon-really-a-wiseman/
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2012
what do you think?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
No he was not. All we are told was that he was wise. No proof of his wisdom. 419!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2012
Well, it depends what we understand as wisdom ...
Solomon had the biggest brothel in the period, with more than 1,000 prostitutes to his service ...
One can consider that that is intelligence.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by antartica(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
Solomon never existed as in form of the oba of lagos or oba of benin. Most of the bible stories are metarphorical,taking them literally will keep you blind for good like it is doing to you thirdworldleans right now

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
antartica: Solomon never existed as in form of the oba of lagos or oba of benin. Most of the bible stories are metarphorical,taking them literally will keep you blind for good like it is doing to you thirdworldleans right now
third world leans? Thank you. It is preferable to other things such as bow to the Queen of England or Mr. Bush.
I do not understand their aggressiveness ... I have no guilt that Solomon was an adulterer and a womanizer.
Metaphorically? I guess yours is the second joke.
All texts agree that Salomon challenged God by joining hundreds of women.
But if you say otherwise, as "First World" should be right.
Regards
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by antartica(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2012
The story of solo tells you about the trappings of riches,how it can turn a same man to an insame one. It is the story of life,wealth,arrogance and proliferation of b.itches. Meanwhile,penple are 3worldleans because they are delusional,no people are born fo.olish,people choose the course of fo.oolishness because they refuse to think.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:13am On Mar 23, 2012
[size=16pt]IDOLATRY IS NOT EVIL YOU FOOL![/size] YOUR ANCESTORS WORSHIPED IDOLS TILL AROUND 100 YEARS BACK AND I AM SURE THEY LIVED PRETTY DESCENT LIVES. . angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Sweetnecta: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
^^^^ so the yardstick consists of living well and how long it is practiced?
was Adam an idolater or you don't believe a first person existed named Adam?

What was his religion?

Pagan9ja, i need a response from you.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
Callotti: No he was not. All we are told was that he was wise. No proof of his wisdom. 419!
HMMM LETS SEE PROOF OF HIS WISDOM
he wrote
1-the book of ecclesiastes in the bible
2-wisdom of solomon in the apocrypha
3-book of proverbs

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
He doesn't look like a wise man to me at all.maybe back then in biblical times,men were soooo dumb and solomon's less dumbness was equated to profound wisdom.i mean what kinda wise man would have 1000 women all to himself?? i'd call what he had "sexisdom" rather than wisdom.plus he was so damn extravagant.just saying though.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beretta92: He doesn't look like a wise man to me at all.maybe back then in biblical times,men were soooo dumb and solomon's less dumbness was equated to profound wisdom.i mean what kinda wise man would have 1000 women all to himself?? i'd call what he had "sexisdom" rather than wisdom.plus he was so damn extravagant.just saying though.
have you seen the man before ? sound like you aint a wise man yourself either grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: HMMM LETS SEE PROOF OF HIS WISDOM
he wrote
1-the book of ecclesiastes in the bible
2-wisdom of solomon in the apocrypha
3-book of proverbs

how did you know? is there proof anywhere else apart from the bible?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2012
diluminati:

2 timothy 3 vs 16 All Scripture is God-breathed angry

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: 2 timothy 3 vs 16 All Scripture is God-breathed angry
Are you saying King Solomon was God?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
diluminati:

lol seriously though. ermm another book apart from the bible ? the apocrypha
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: 2 timothy 3 vs 16 All Scripture is God-breathed angry

that is very lame. there is no where else we can verify that even david existed talkless solomon but we can know from even sources outside the bible that Darius and Nebuchadnezer lived and died but what about your bible heroes?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:
well seeing as the spirit that is in King solomon belongs to God ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

And seeing as man was made in the image of God GENESIS 1 VS 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them

SO I GUESS WE CAN INFER THAT, TECHNICALLY, KING SOLOMON WAS MINI GOD grin grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
diluminati:

that is very lame. there is no where else we can verify that even david existed talkless solomon but we can know from even sources outside the bible that Darius and Nebuchadnezer lived and died but what about your bible heroes?
Good point. you know why you feel like that ? because you have completely missed the link between the old testament and the new testament. the apocrypha. its like learning to walk when you have not even started crawling. hence your discombobulation and confusion. the bible is a history book. i am sure you believe there was a person named shakespeare or king kosoko or oba akitoye etc etc. how do you know they existed for a fact ? how do you even know nebuchadnezzer existed for a fact ? let me digress though. who do you think built the pyramids in egypt ? the hebrew slaves under the pharoahs (modern day somalians) and this happened when moses was around. the pyramids are still there today. take a trip to egypt

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: well seeing as the spirit that is in King solomon belongs to God ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

And seeing as man was made in the image of God GENESIS 1 VS 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them

SO I GUESS WE CAN INFER THAT, TECHNICALLY, KING SOLOMON WAS GOD grin grin
Na wa for you o Buzuzu-gee. Anyway Aren't humans suppose to be a representation of God's ego and likeness?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: well seeing as the spirit that is in King solomon belongs to God ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

SO I GUESS WE CAN INFER THAT, TECHNICALLY, KING SOLOMON WAS GOD grin grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: Na wa for you o Buzuzu-gee. Anyway Aren't humans suppose to be a representation of God's ego and likeness?
LOL that was a joke by the way. i already changed it to KING SOLOMON WAS A MINI GOD. yes we are a representation of his likeness but not his ego. whatever ego you create or develop further down the line in life will be determined by your environment, circumstances, achievements etc etc. egos are ductile and malleable. and the lord has no pleasure greater than truncating an over-inflated ego wink
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: LOL that was a joke by the way. i already changed it to KING SOLOMON WAS A MINI GOD. yes we are a representation of his likeness but not his ego. whatever ego you create or develop further down the line in life will be determined by your environment, circumstances, achievements etc etc. egos are ductile and malleable. and the lord has no pleasure greater than truncating an over-inflated ego wink
so God's ego can not be modelled? So what of your ego and that of the so-called MOG?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: so God's ego can not be modelled? So what of your ego and that of the so-called MOG?
i am not going to speak about the lords ego for i do not want to be struck by lightening grin grin. my ego ? can be modeled although i try to keep it on an even keel and on an almost non-existent level. dunno what a MOG is though. what is a MOG
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
He was not a wise man by modern standards, and certainly not a good man. But the world was dumber then.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: i am not going to speak about the lords ego for i do not want to be struck by lightening grin grin. my ego ? can be modeled although i try to keep it on an even keel and on an almost non-existent level. dunno what a MOG is though. what is a MOG
MOG=MEN OF GOD. Please explain the ego of God(No fear,no shaking).we know he is terrible grin. Is there nt a correlation between ego,conscience and made in his image?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun: He was not a wise man by modern standards, and certainly not a good man. But the world was dumber then.
he he he .How are you sure?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun: He was not a wise man by modern standards, and certainly not a good man. But the world was dumber then.
modern standards are dictated by whomsoever is in charge of the world. currently, the world is in control of the gentiles, more specifically the wicked, more specifically the edomites. job 9 vs 24 - the earth is handed to the wicked to rule because the righteous have fallen (romans 11 vs 11). so you will have to change your point to 'he was not a wise man by wicked standards'. was the world dumber then ? lets see, no pollution, no starvation, no hunger, all organic food, no diseases, no wars started for resources, no people dropping bombs on each other just to steal their oil, subsistent living, every man owned hiw own land and vineyards. yeah you are right, they were way dumber cry
was he a wise man ? you only have to read the books of proverbs, ecclesiastes, and wisdom of solomon to surmise that he was a very wise man. now was he wise enough not to trip over his own ego ? no, but then who is ?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by blackboi(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]IDOLATRY IS NOT EVIL YOU FOOL![/size] YOUR ANCESTORS WORSHIPED IDOLS TILL AROUND 100 YEARS BACK AND I AM SURE THEY LIVED PRETTY DESCENT LIVES. . angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

only a fool wuld wanna reckon with idolatry. I'll rather die in faith than think/live in doubt

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Korrection(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
If he isnt a wise man you guys wouldnt be talking about him...o boy read about that guy in the bible..He existed..his judgement over a child owned by two mothers was awesome...God asked him what he wanted and he said Wisdom..if it were you guys..I swear its money we would asked...The Bible and every other books is written according to the proofs from generation to generation....He existed yes he did and till tommorrow he never fought a war but his father did it for him..how many of you guys your dads fought war for...Get real for what you say now will affect your children tommorrow and thats how Kind David ..solomons fathers came to become a man after Gods own eye....Get real....
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzuzu-gee grin .please answer me.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by blackboi(m): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:

don't get it twisted. God created man in His own IMAGE
sho ti gbo¿

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets / 4 Naija Ladies, Looking For Husband In Chuch Forced To Strip unclothed! / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.