Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones (1358 Views)

7 Ways To Increase The Battery Life Of Your Android Smartphone / Swedes Predict The Death Of Smartphones In Five Years / Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 24, 2013
Smartphones have greatly influenced our lives. These phones come with lots of features that help us perform the various daily tasks. Smartphones are different from the conventional mobiles phones as they are much bigger in size and have got more advanced features than the conventional phones. It is true that 4G connectivity, huge screen, in-built hotspots and a slew of many other factors have played a much bigger role in luring the users, however, all these great features affects the battery life of the phone and reduce it to a great extent. Thus, it is important that you should know how to use your phone and close all the features that are really not required in order to extend the battery life of the phone. Even though the battery life of various phone varies, there are some basic tips that will help to prolong the battery life of your smartphone.

Adjust screen brightness
The brightness of the screen has got a great impact on the battery life of the phone. Thus, you need to adjust the brightness and keep it at an optimal level. This will surely help to increase the life of the battery.

Turn GPS updates off
These updates help in locating the phone and are useful in navigation purposes. However, using GPS updates require a lot of power consumption and you should activate them only when you actually require it.
Avoid using live wallpapers/themes
You must have often seen many smartphones having live wallpapers or themes. No doubt that these look beautiful on your phone, however, they consume more power than the static backgrounds and if you want to prolong the battery life of your phone, you must avoid the use of live backgrounds.

Task killer app
You must have a "task killer" app on your phone that will help you in shutting down all the apps that are running in the background. Many a times it happens that the users forgets to exit the app and they keep on running in background, thereby draining the battery. A good "task killer" app will ensure that no unnecessary processes run in the background.

Avoid areas with weak cell signals
The battery of your phone gets drained when the cell phone signals are weak or fluctuating. The same applies to Wi-Fi signals, thus you should avoid these areas or switch your phone to Offline or Airplane mode in such situations so as to save the battery
www.kmobs..com
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 24, 2013
wink
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by nonen(m): 5:30pm On May 24, 2013
Kindly give examples of apps killer
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 24, 2013
nonen: Kindly give examples of apps killer
the best i've used so far is the "Easy Task Killer Advanced" you can get it on google play store

Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 24, 2013
another useful task killer is the "Battery Dr saver+a task killer" you can also get it on google play
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Kingmanny88(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2013
weirdkay:
the best i've used so far is the "Easy Task Killer Advanced" you can get it on google play store
Nice outlook. Pls, what Android phone is this?
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Emmyk(m): 12:58pm On May 25, 2013
Nice tips. Buh dunno what's wrong with my Nokia 302... When I sleep, the battery drains before I wake in the morning!! With 3 or 2 strong bars before I sleep. sad
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 25, 2013
Emmyk: Nice tips. Buh dunno what's wrong with my Nokia 302... When I sleep, the battery drains before I wake in the morning!! With 3 or 2 strong bars before I sleep. sad
hehehe go change battry or fone if possible
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 25, 2013
Kingmanny88:
Nice outlook. Pls, what Android phone is this?
google nexus
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by paulbrown429(m): 11:42am On May 29, 2013
Most of the time I check "task killer" app to kill if any apps is running in the background. I think "task killer" app is really helpful.
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 29, 2013
paulbrown429: Most of the time I check "task killer" app to kill if any apps is running in the background. I think "task killer" app is really helpful.
ya true man
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 29, 2013
Uncheck your bluetooth
Scream timeout must not be more than 1minute
Install 2x battery saver, at night use it utilities to place screen filter, or download uc browser click night time mode to save battery when browsing at night
Uncheck google/location search service, goto settings-location-uncheck
Uncheck wifi after leaving location, it drains battery like leaking drum, same as bluetooth
Place phone on airplane mode,
Install trustgo antivitus+mobile security, it comes with its appkiller widget
Finally the best way to save your battery, Don't use your phone lol
Driod apps are wild child waiting to go at a touch of button
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by vicshownero(m): 8:29pm On May 29, 2013
paulbrown429: Most of the time I check "task killer" app to kill if any apps is running in the background. I think "task killer" app is really helpful.
Check those applications that were previously killed by that task killer again after like say 10mins in the list of running applications and you will be amazed that they have successfully restarted themselves,this is so frustrating......any help?
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 30, 2013
vicshownero:
Check those applications that were previously killed by that task killer again after like say 10mins in the list of running applications and you will be amazed that they have successfully restarted themselves,this is so frustrating......any help?
those apps which you closed are system applications and will automatically reopen......apps which you can close by yourself with the task killer app are the ones which u installed by urself(i.e third party appilcations) more tips @ www.okaygadgets..com
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 30, 2013
indigene:
Place phone on airplane mode,
Finally the best way to save your battery, Don't use your phone lol
Driod apps are wild child waiting to go at a touch of button
very funny airplane mode ke?
Re: Simple Tips To Prolong Battery Life Of Smartphones by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 31, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

One Plus One Camera Ruling Out DSLR Canon 5D Mark III Quality / Which Anti-virus Software Works Best For Android Phones? / Android OS Upgrade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.