Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting (18656 Views)

Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting / Tecno N7, P3 & Phantom A1 - The Best Out Of These Three / Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
If you have a phone that is low on phone memory (less than 200mb, not rooted) and RAM less than or 768Mb (380mb , 512mb) , this thread is just for you. Shun the screen size or camera or amount of cores of some big techno or Infinix droid phones. They still have a 1ghz processor, 512mb RAM & so they are ermm lipsrsealed….ok back to the matter.
I still use an infinix surf smart at present ,3.5” with 512mb RAM, 127mb usable ROM & 1ghz processor. The phone is not yet rooted (my tech friends can’t root it sad ),but I’ve got 65 apps cool including HD games that run smoothly like;*** GTA 3, Resident evil 4 – Bio hazard, Asphalt 6, Battle of the saints, Dark Avenger ,Earth & legends HD, PES12, Shark dash HD, team Dragon, Fighting tiger,GandSta rio, Samurai II, Subwaysurf , Spiderman HD , Temple run2 &Oz*** excluding my very cool 2D games like killer bean, angry birds etc. I also have social apps like skype, twitter ,instagram, fb messenger, 2go but excluded facebook because of its increasing size & the data it consumes. I’ve got quick office, a Bible ,hymn, 2 news apps, a dict. , 2 mini browsers, vlc, a photo editor, scanner ,swift key3, x-plore, Rar acrh. ,science apps –and more not listed.
A lot is to be sacrificed to get the best out of your low end android phone, so before you start criticizing the phone or manufacturers – who wouldn’t sweat to produce crap, I guess u should try out these things I did;
1) Prevent Low internal memory. Most of us want to have all the apps & games installed on a low end android (internal mem. less than 200mb ,512mb RAM...how u wan do am ?undecided) even when it is not rooted. Thus the usage of all internal storage space, leading to the unstabilility of your android system and then most of the apps & games forcing close. Some ways to prevent these are
i) Leave at least 14-20mb free internal storage memory, to allow expansion of some apps (most apps expand as they get more data) and prevent a clogged phone memory. Try delete some apps for your phone's stability, don't leave your phone memory all choked up smiley.
ii) *for android 2.0 to 3 that is not rooted* Clear the data of some apps regularly especially apps that expand Like facebook (Omo shocked this app swells like yeast – can hit up to 70mb or more, so I’ll advise you use a browser to facebook instead of the app ), twitter (increases in size too but not as fast as fb. Clear app data regularly {like when it is up to 6mb} to free space) , whatsapp (another expanding app, clear data once you realize storage is getting low), skype (use and uninstall! –another yeast like app. You can keep the apk in your memory card so u can re-install when you need it) *******settings—application---manage app—select app---clear data****
iii) Move apps to SD card. Be sure you have moved some apps (actually part of) to your SD card. Install bigger apps 1st, then move them to SD before installing smaller ones and doing same ***settings—application---manage app—select app—move to SD
iv) Ensure that you have changed preferred storage location to SD ***settings—application—preferred install location—Removable SD card

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
2. Manage RAM properly
1) Don’t use a live wallpaper; Not that its bad, I know u want your wallpaper (techno & infinix peepz) to be like D galaxy S3 or S4 live wallpaper grin, but they consume 10-20mb of your 280mb usable RAM (people who think they have 512mb to flex) thereby making your phone to hang or restart suddenly especially when u want to play a HD game or have opened more apps. Just use a nice HD picture as your wallpaper.
2) No need for a fanciful launcher; Some people want their ( 512mb RAM’s) phone UI to look like that of windows , apple OS etc .These are called launchers. Launchers consume more RAM than live wallpapers (15-35mb aprox) e.g go launcher ,ios7, next etc. To enjoy using launchers without ur phone lagging and your games hanging, u go for a droid with 1gb RAM @least, if not be content with d default launcher of your phone & your phone will run smoothly wink
3) Remove the widgets. Screen Widgets are also RAM consuming (be it weather – the most RAM consuming widget, avast, twitter, fb), so its better they are not used to ensure maximum performance. Hold them down & drag to bin to remove.
4) *android 2. Users* Use apps like “clean master” to clear all background processes or running apps especially before running HD games or another app.
I hope these few steps helps in getting your phone back on track. Feel free to share yours, correct & ask questions. Since I did these ,no app I’ve installed has frozen (forced close) on my device my phone is not rooted but I’m loving it kiss. Cheers to the #teamtechno & #teaminfinix #Team512MbRAMphones

4 Likes

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Nice one.....I see you,

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 12, 2013
emk4lif: Nice one.....I see you,
haha...tnx bruh
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Osyxcel(m): 12:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Nice one o.p. Most people don't know that Live wallpapers, Launchers, widgets (weather e.t.c) are RAM suckers, and they also make battery drain faster. That's why I stay away from them 'cos I can't sacrifice performance for fanciness.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by flawless911(m): 1:36am On Oct 12, 2013
Me Likey.. Good Work Bro.. Thumbs Up

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 12, 2013
flawless911: Me Likey.. Good Work Bro.. Thumbs Up
wink
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Skykid1208(m): 5:46am On Oct 12, 2013
9ice one bro,tanks
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Skykid1208: 9ice one bro,tanks
Uwc wink
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by apexguy: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Gosh....network can fall person hand eh. I would af been first to comment. Any how sha. Al izzz well.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by apexguy: 8:25am On Oct 12, 2013
Just d post some of my techno friends need to see cheesy . They want their UI to be flashy, look like the an iphone with widgets and co. Then when the phone starts hanging dem go com dey swear 4 the manufacturers angry . I was once like that sha. Not until my phone reached a stage that hd games ran worse than a lagging fifa 12 slow motion replay.
Some people funny sha. U buy phone of 13k dey expect am to perform like phone of 50k, 80k. Ha, na wa o grin. Don't worry, baba God will provide the money when the time comes to buy a better phone, but for now make do with what you have well.
@op nice 1 jare, chop knuckle smiley. Don't mind all these our broz dem that use their device any how den start asking careless questions.
@mods please front page tinx so other low end android users can see this
All iz well.......... Sent from my rooted infinix Race eagle.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by psalmdave(m): 10:26am On Oct 12, 2013
apexguy: Just d post some of my techno friends need to see cheesy . They want their UI to be flashy, look like the an iphone with widgets and co. Then when the phone starts hanging dem go com dey swear 4 the manufacturers angry . I was once like that sha. Not until my phone reached a stage that hd games ran worse than a lagging fifa 12 slow motion replay.
Some people funny sha. U buy phone of 13k dey expect am to perform like phone of 50k, 80k. Ha, na wa o grin. Don't worry, baba God will provide the money when the time comes to buy a better phone, but for now make do with what you have well.
@op nice 1 jare, chop knuckle smiley. Don't mind all these our broz dem that use their device any how den start asking careless questions.
bros u wan make me large this morning for public...

@op,This is the best post i've seen in ages in nairaland,not just the tips but the language used in explaining
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2013
psalmdave: bros u wan make me large this morning for public...

@op,This is the best post i've seen in ages in nairaland,not just the tips but the language used in explaining
thanks sir smiley
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 12, 2013
apexguy: Just d post some of my techno friends need to see cheesy . They want their UI to be flashy, look like the an iphone with widgets and co. Then when the phone starts hanging dem go com dey swear 4 the manufacturers angry . I was once like that sha. Not until my phone reached a stage that hd games ran worse than a lagging fifa 12 slow motion replay.
bros I hail!
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Randerl: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2013
Nice posts also we still get our money's worth. Nevertheless, Rooting is akin to hacking Symbian devices. It's inevitable and very necessary to the Android Experience.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2013
Randerl: Nice posts also we still get our money's worth. Nevertheless, Rooting is akin to hacking Symbian devices. It's inevitable and very necessary to the Android Experience.

Thanks. True, but to get the very best out of your rooted device; you should have a very capable RAM also. I'd hav actually attempted to root mine, not until a friend had his phone (same model) bricked by som1 he called a guru, & i'm scared of trying it on my own -no personal success stories on rooting my phone's model yet. So i'm waiting till i see a 'real' guru to help me out. At least i've used "framaroot" to root an uncle's LG Optimus , and dad's G.Grand - fun and easy. Hoping apps like that will be available to root low end droid devices before i upgrade, mayb before december. I want to have a feel of a rooted low end android device.

1 Like

Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by apexguy: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Randerl: Nice posts also we still get our money's worth. Nevertheless, Rooting is akin to hacking Symbian devices. It's inevitable and very necessary to the Android Experience.
Gbam! But a first time android user should see this post ; then after a while root his or her phone.
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Okay...with d way good phones get more and more available, I guess this thread ....
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by biomedixexcel(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by petkoffDrake(m): 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
try get this game "stargate!" not from play store ooo. just search it online and download it. u'll love it.... 512mb rocks! cooltry get this game "stargate!" not from play store ooo. just search it online and download it. u'll love it.... 512mb rocks!
Re: Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting by Emmaway(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2016
If you have a phone that is low on phone memory (less than 200mb, not rooted) and RAM less than or 768Mb (380mb , 512mb) , this thread is just for you. Shun the screen size or camera or amount of cores of some big techno or Infinix droid phones. They still have a 1ghz processor, 512mb RAM & so they are ermm lipsrsealed….ok back to the matter.
I still use an infinix surf smart at present ,3.5” with 512mb RAM, 127mb usable ROM & 1ghz processor. The phone is not yet rooted (my tech friends can’t root it sad ),but I’ve got 65 apps cool including HD games that run smoothly like;*** GTA 3, Resident evil 4 – Bio hazard, Asphalt 6, Battle of the saints, Dark Avenger ,Earth & legends HD, PES12, Shark dash HD, team Dragon, Fighting tiger,GandSta rio, Samurai II, Subwaysurf , Spiderman HD , Temple run2 &Oz*** excluding my very cool 2D games like killer bean, angry birds etc. I also have social apps like skype, twitter ,instagram, fb messenger, 2go but excluded facebook because of its increasing size & the data it consumes. I’ve got quick office, a Bible ,hymn, 2 news apps, a dict. , 2 mini browsers, vlc, a photo editor, scanner ,swift key3, x-plore, Rar acrh. ,science apps –and more not listed.
A lot is to be sacrificed to get the best out of your low end android phone, so before you start criticizing the phone or manufacturers – who wouldn’t sweat to produce crap, I guess u should try out these things I did;
1) Prevent Low internal memory. Most of us want to have all the apps & games installed on a low end android (internal mem. less than 200mb ,512mb RAM...how u wan do am ?undecided) even when it is not rooted. Thus the usage of all internal storage space, leading to the unstabilility of your android system and then most of the apps & games forcing close. Some ways to prevent these are
i) Leave at least 14-20mb free internal storage memory, to allow expansion of some apps (most apps expand as they get more data) and prevent a clogged phone memory. Try delete some apps for your phone's stability, don't leave your phone memory all choked up smiley.
ii) *for android 2.0 to 3 that is not rooted* Clear the data of some apps regularly especially apps that expand Like facebook (Omo shocked this app swells like yeast – can hit up to 70mb or more, so I’ll advise you use a browser to facebook instead of the app ), twitter (increases in size too but not as fast as fb. Clear app data regularly {like when it is up to 6mb} to free space) , whatsapp (another expanding app, clear data once you realize storage is getting low), skype (use and uninstall! –another yeast like app. You can keep the apk in your memory card so u can re-install when you need it) *******settings—application---manage app—select app---clear data****
iii) Move apps to SD card. Be sure you have moved some apps (actually part of) to your SD card. Install bigger apps 1st, then move them to SD before installing smaller ones and doing same ***settings—application---manage app—select app—move to SD
iv) Ensure that you have changed preferred storage location to SD ***settings—application—preferred install location—Removable SD card
I have questions for you,

are these games your mentioned offline if yes where can I download it from.

And how do I install them?

(1) (Reply)

Lost But Found Iphone 6 In Enugu / Infinix Launches The Infinix S5 [see Details} / MTN "CallerTunez" Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.