Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:50 AM

Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! (1299 Views)

Ronaldo Does Not Look Concerned About Bale"s Injury / Cristiano Ronaldo Does Not Want To Renew His Madrid Contract / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2008
i mean the FIFA PLAYER AWARD.
Check this out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7363408.stm

is this right Mukina?
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2008
or take ur time to read this:

Barcelona dominated at home and made life very difficult for United.

They really should have won due to the possession they had and, overall, United will come away absolutely delighted that they managed to keep a clean sheet after that lacklustre display.

Apart from the early missed penalty from Cristiano Ronaldo and a couple of surges forward by United, Barcelona controlled the game - yet they failed to take their chances.

Lionel Messi (left) was the star performer at the Camp Nou

There is no doubt Ronaldo is a real talent but he does not dominate games against all kinds of opposition in the way that Lionel Messi does.

He is still learning the game, but he needs to start producing consistently on these big occasions.

United always catch the eye when they are playing at a high tempo, but their approach was far too slow and therefore easy to play against.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi was the best player on the park by miles, before he was substituted, while Ronaldo found it hard to make the desired impact. Ronaldo was on the big stage but he was very isolated as United struggled to get forward.

United had time to play but their use of the ball was terrible throughout the game.

United, surprisingly, didn't have anything in attack, but it will be a different story at Old Trafford

Chris Waddle

Overall, there was only one team in it, and even the critical Catalan crowd appreciated the fact that Barcelona were playing good football.

It was a night to forget for both Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez, both of whom were totally off the pace, particularly Rooney on the right.

United's best performers were Edwin van der Sar, Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown, who all did well to hold the team together with the rest giving away possession far too cheaply.

Messi was able to display his skills because of how Eric Abidal and Gianluca Zambrotta dug in, letting him go forward to link the play.

606: DEBATE
Barcelona don't defend as a team and will leave us space to play our football

Riquelminho

Some of Barcelona's one and two touch football was brilliant to watch and only they will know how they didn't make the most of their opportunities.

I believe that as a league, technically, La Liga is far superior to the Premier League.

Barcelona played some wonderful football - and this is supposed to be a team in crisis?

United, surprisingly, didn't have anything in attack, but it will be a different story at Old Trafford and perhaps they will be able to take advantage of Barca's disappointing away European record.

United must now fancy themselves at home in the second leg, but Sir Alex Ferguson must get his tactics absolutely spot on for the return.

However, Barcelona will have every reason to believe they can still make the Champions League final by scoring at Old Trafford.

Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2008
@poster

Muki is an arsenal fan, she will surely agree with
you just as I would.
Sentiment apart, i think the guy need to control
his behaviour and emotions in the field of play
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
@Poster
That thing you pasted up was written by someone. I can write mine also. or dont you think so?

manchester United did not play well because of their approach to the game and you all wanted Ronaldo to show like a million stars in that game?
na wa o!

PS: You will do well if you create threads for paralympians like Adebayor and mediocres like Gallas. Ok?
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2008
@tkb417

Don't mix it up
C.R only shines when playing against teams with
flops defender. But it baffles me that he finds it difficult
to penetrate in barca's broken defence!
Kalou would have done better just has he always do
grin grin grin
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2008
Why the picking on only Ronaldo? Anyway why should I care Barcelona all the way for moi!!!!!!!!!! tongue cool
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Jackal1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ Tattooboy,

IDIOT should be your last name. . . .

Messi. . . . .Played in his natural position. Messi's team was playing at home and the onus was on em to display their pass-pass schitzo.
He was lively but he barely made any impact whatsoever. . . .his runs and trickery did not work Van Der Sar or rattle the post.

Ronaldo. . . .Played as a lone striker(not his preferred position). . . . .He had to rely on good services to produce something magical.
On the day, his teammates were dire but he still showed his brilliance. . . . He could have won 3 penalties if the referee was brave.
He was influencial. . . . . .Whose face was all over the tabloids after the game? Messi or Ronaldo? You do the math.

To all neutrals. . . . . .These are the awards Cristiano Ronaldo is bound to win this season.

PFA player of the year 2007/08.
PFA young player of the year 2007/08.
PFA fans' player of the year 2007/08.

Barclay's player of the season 2007/08.
Football Writers association award 2007/08.
EPL golden boot 2007/08.

Champions league golden boot 2007/08.
European golden shoe 2007/08.
Portugese footballer of the year 2007/08

European player of the year 2007/08(possibly)*
World player of the year 2007/08(probably)*

Neutrals can draw their conclusion.
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2008
Jackal.:

Messi. . . . .Played in his natural position.

Ronaldo. . . .Played as a lone striker(not his preferred position). . . . .He had to rely on good services to produce something magical.

which position did he played when he scored his goals?
why is rooney now a winger?

Jackal.:

You do the math.

To all neutrals. . . . . .These are the awards Cristiano Ronaldo is bound to win this season.

PFA player of the year 2007/08.
PFA young player of the year 2007/08.
PFA fans' player of the year 2007/08.

Barclay's player of the season 2007/08.
Football Writers association award 2007/08.
EPL golden boot 2007/08.

Champions league golden boot 2007/08.
European golden shoe 2007/08.
Portugese footballer of the year 2007/08

European player of the year 2007/08(possibly)*
World player of the year 2007/08(probably)*

Neutrals can draw their conclusion.

Golden Ball: FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
Golden Boot: FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
Golden Boy: 2005
Bravo Award: 2007
World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2006, 2007
Olimpia de Plata: Argentinian Player of the Year: 2005
FIFPro World Young Player of the Year: 2006
FIFPro World XI: 2007
EFE Trophy: Best Ibero-American Player in La Liga: 2006-2007
Best foreign player in La Liga: 2007
Copa America Best Young Player: 2007
France Football Player of the Year:
3rd place: 2007
World Soccer Footballer of the Year:
2nd place: 2007
FIFA World Player of the Year:
2nd place: 2007
SI Latino's 2007 Sportsman of the Year: 2007

seeing is believing
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2008
too much quote, i can't even read one. be sensible pls
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2008
@Tattooboy
You mean me?
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2008
@dason
not really, but those involved
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2008
For clarity

There is no doubt Ronaldo is a real talent but he does not dominate games against all kinds of opposition in the way that Lionel Messi does.

He is still learning the game, but he needs to start producing consistently on these big occasions.

by Chris Waddle
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by tkb417(m): 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2008
@Dayokanu
who is Chris Waddle?
grin grin dont give me wikipedia shits. tell me what you know about him

@dason
he doesnt play in big games and he will be crowned world footballer of the year if United beats Barca. how will you now reconcile that?

where did you copy that thing from?
wikipedia? grin grin grin
Just like dayokanu
are you saying Messi was [b]France futballer of the year in 2007?[/b]hehehehehehehehe
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2008

@Dayokanu
who is Chris Waddle?

You don't know Chris Waddle? Thats what i am saying . I guessed you skipped a couple of those famous dayokanu lectures
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ tkb417

i pray you won't run like chacal when C.R is nowhere
to be found in the top3 world best play
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2008
@dason
u a chelsea fan? ur signature looks familiar
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
Tattooboy:

@dason
u a chelsea fan? your signature looks familiar

sure and i haven't regreted being a fan
wink wink
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by Tattooboy: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2008
dason4life
sure and i haven't regreted being a fan

good for u lol
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2008
@dayokanu
hehehehehe, i know chris waddle
i was asking you to say something little about him
Not his profile in wiki. If you ask me, i can say things you wont find in wiki

Thats the difference betwen the both of us

@Dason4life
Did you see what you copied from the internet?
Messi came third as a French futballer?
chei!
Re: Another Reason Why C.ronaldo Does Not Worth It! by A40(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
Utd wouldnt be topping the table without him so he has been fantastic no doubt but knowing FIFA and the good folks at the Balon D'or.Ronaldo would only get a look in for any major award if he shines in the Euro 2008 tourney or Utd win the UCL any other thing then you Mancs should forget it they wouldnt give him squat Van Nistelrooy has scored 44 goals in a season for Utd and he didnt win anything same goes for Henry in the end all this wont matter if he doesnt cut it in the big stage

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Kanu Now? / A Nigerian Chelsea Fan Crying After Losing To Atletico Madrid / What Will Your Starting Eleven Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.