Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence (35040 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services / How To Increase Your Konga And Jumia Sales With Product Bundling / Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by chris365(m): 7:03pm On May 27, 2013
Stop watching Big Brother Africa and Nollywood movies. smiley
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by delors(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2013
Thank God say smoking skunk and drinking alomo nor dey among grin grin grin grin grin grin Intelligence boosters!
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Ezegozie(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2013
dr-pips:
1. Minimize Television Watching – This is a hard sell. People love vegetating in front of the television, myself included more often than I’d like. The problem is watching television doesn’t use your mental capacity OR allow it to recharge. It’s like having the energy sapped out of a muscle without the health benefits of exercise.

Don’t you feel drained after a couple hours of TV? Your eyes are sore and tired from being focused on the light box for so long. You don’t even have the energy to read a book.

When you feel like relaxing, try reading a book instead. If you’re too tired, listen to some music. When you’re with your friends or family, leave the tube off and have a conversation. All of these things use your mind more than television and allow you to relax.

2. Exercise – I used to think that I’d learn more by not exercising and using the time to read a book instead. But I realized that time spent exercising always leads to greater learning because it improves productivity during the time afterwards. Using your body clears your head and creates a wave of energy. Afterwards, you feel invigorated and can concentrate more easily.

3. Read Challenging Books – Many people like to read popular suspense fiction, but generally these books aren’t mentally stimulating. If you want to improve your thinking and writing ability you should read books that make you focus. Reading a classic novel can change your view of the world and will make you think in more precise, elegant English. Don’t be afraid to look up a word if you don’t know it, and don’t be afraid of dense passages. Take your time, re-read when necessary, and you’ll soon grow accustomed to the author’s style.

Once you get used to reading challenging books, I think you’ll find that you aren’t tempted to go back to page-turners. The challenge of learning new ideas is far more exciting than any tacky suspense-thriller.

4. Early to Bed, Early to Rise – Nothing makes it harder to concentrate than sleep deprivation. You’ll be most rejuvenated if you go to bed early and don’t sleep more than 8 hours. If you stay up late and compensate by sleeping late, you’ll wake up lethargic and have trouble focusing. In my experience the early morning hours are the most tranquil and productive. Waking up early gives you more productive hours and maximizes your mental acuity all day.

If you have the opportunity, take 10-20 minute naps when you are hit with a wave of drowsiness. Anything longer will make you lethargic, but a short nap will refresh you.

5. Take Time to Reflect – Often our lives get so hectic that we become overwhelmed without even realizing it. It becomes difficult to concentrate because nagging thoughts keep interrupting. Spending some time alone in reflection gives you a chance organize your thoughts and prioritize your responsibilities. Afterwards, you’ll have a better understanding of what’s important and what isn’t. The unimportant stuff won’t bother you anymore and your mind will feel less encumbered,
very kuul. I gues people like dis must graduate with 1st class
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by augmentin: 7:19pm On May 27, 2013
mollytinrox: What of people who are born stupid?
The moment u discovered dt u are born stupid or wotever u called it,pray to God who gives wisdom, knowledge nd understanding.For a better understanding pls read the book ok James chapter 1 vrs 5 to 8.It is well.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 27, 2013
yuzedo: oh gord plis dont bann me mod seun bro, I beg u four god sake. I just want to countrybute to d topick goddamit!!! angry angry is not my fault I dint hav eglish aptitue undecided sad
you're so funny yezzy
.All your posts get me cracking up
Except for those regualar silly Posts about big brezz big yash and ice cream laps grin
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by yuzedo: 7:37pm On May 27, 2013
lorretta u: you're so funny yezzy
.All your posts get me cracking up
Except for those regualar silly Posts about big brezz big yash and ice cream laps grin

... **pip her profile** undecided

Jessos, swit injection babe.shocked **badonkey stand up like nepa poll** tongue tongue

Swerry today ur lucky day. PM and get freee gift from ostralia. Swit baby girl have u go to arbroad b4? No? Ok be nice, I can buy u tins from dere. kiss

Soooooooo, wuz yo numba? wink
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by yuzedo: 7:41pm On May 27, 2013
But lorretta u, bro, wuz "yezzy" dammit? Did I look like a ogbomosho wannabe crack- rapper?? angry plis stopit okey? undecided U can just call me chief chief d grate! wink
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by zingy85: 7:48pm On May 27, 2013
wonderful thread
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Yvete(f): 7:51pm On May 27, 2013
DailyNews: Hello @yvete, the exercise you're doing keeps your body fit and your muscles active, which are all part of why you are healthy. Think of it this way- if for instance, you are down with arthritis or another sickness, will you even have rest of mind to talk of being intelligent Of course NO!

So exercise is important and that's why when you were in primary school then, you had PE (Physical Education) as part of your curriculum to keep you fit and healthy to study.

Good argument! When I think of exercise, all that comes to mind is the 'feel good factor' from sweating it out and the 'awareness' to stay healthy.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Ashmark(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2013
Take time to get more info at www.ashmarkexclusive..com
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by waleadex(m): 8:12pm On May 27, 2013
No.6 - Avoid frequent "FACEBOOking" and do more of "NAIRALANDing" grin
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by sinie: 8:17pm On May 27, 2013
Why will I wanna increase my intelligence? Afterall ofilispeaks says stupidity saved his life so....
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by tshegs19: 8:27pm On May 27, 2013
baibijay: Do not spend more than 30 minutes on nairaland!sad
Lol
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by ayobase(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2013
Sadusky: No... You want me to break my TV set. I live very close to the stadium that's why I want to go there.

Okay, I now grab...thought u were kidding before!
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by glen87: 9:16pm On May 27, 2013
rash47:
Nice points eps no 1, can somebody in the house recommend a challenging book pls
how to be led by the Spirt and Following Gods Plan for your life. Both books written by Kenneth E. Hagin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Divineboy42(m): 9:19pm On May 27, 2013
dr-pips:
1. Minimize Television Watching – This is a hard sell. People love vegetating in front of the television, myself included more often than I’d like. The problem is watching television doesn’t use your mental capacity OR allow it to recharge. It’s like having the energy sapped out of a muscle without the health benefits of exercise.

Don’t you feel drained after a couple hours of TV? Your eyes are sore and tired from being focused on the light box for so long. You don’t even have the energy to read a book.

When you feel like relaxing, try reading a book instead. If you’re too tired, listen to some music. When you’re with your friends or family, leave the tube off and have a conversation. All of these things use your mind more than television and allow you to relax.

2. Exercise – I used to think that I’d learn more by not exercising and using the time to read a book instead. But I realized that time spent exercising always leads to greater learning because it improves productivity during the time afterwards. Using your body clears your head and creates a wave of energy. Afterwards, you feel invigorated and can concentrate more easily.

3. Read Challenging Books – Many people like to read popular suspense fiction, but generally these books aren’t mentally stimulating. If you want to improve your thinking and writing ability you should read books that make you focus. Reading a classic novel can change your view of the world and will make you think in more precise, elegant English. Don’t be afraid to look up a word if you don’t know it, and don’t be afraid of dense passages. Take your time, re-read when necessary, and you’ll soon grow accustomed to the author’s style.

Once you get used to reading challenging books, I think you’ll find that you aren’t tempted to go back to page-turners. The challenge of learning new ideas is far more exciting than any tacky suspense-thriller.

4. Early to Bed, Early to Rise – Nothing makes it harder to concentrate than sleep deprivation. You’ll be most rejuvenated if you go to bed early and don’t sleep more than 8 hours. If you stay up late and compensate by sleeping late, you’ll wake up lethargic and have trouble focusing. In my experience the early morning hours are the most tranquil and productive. Waking up early gives you more productive hours and maximizes your mental acuity all day.

If you have the opportunity, take 10-20 minute naps when you are hit with a wave of drowsiness. Anything longer will make you lethargic, but a short nap will refresh you.

5. Take Time to Reflect – Often our lives get so hectic that we become overwhelmed without even realizing it. It becomes difficult to concentrate because nagging thoughts keep interrupting. Spending some time alone in reflection gives you a chance organize your thoughts and prioritize your responsibilities. Afterwards, you’ll have a better understanding of what’s important and what isn’t. The unimportant stuff won’t bother you anymore and your mind will feel less encumbered,
tank U
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Emmanueledu(m): 9:38pm On May 27, 2013
Krasid: I don't quite agree with number one because watching some programs in the television can be educative.
A good example is the Who wants to be a millionaire game show!
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by switch47(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2013
PLAY CHESS !! click on my signature and join the chess group on facebook.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 27, 2013
alpha conde: Ask God to give u wisdom.
Here's a prayer
O God who in the light of the holy spirit did instruct the hearts of the faithful grant in the same spirit that we would be truly WISE and forever rejoice in thy consolation through christ our lord amen.

Its the spirit that directs

God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Image123(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2013
In addition to the OP, be a student of the Bible. Great men are students of the Bible one way or the other.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by dokunbam(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2013
i add nairaland
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by tonygee1(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2013
Emmyk: seconded!
thirded
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by vandarsar(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2013
Doing eWorrior on perhaps??

wandeay: i think I'll start to do all these things now, my intelligence is decreasing gradually, come to think of it, i dont watch TV at all, but i do sleep late @ night, may God help me!
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Kunlexymoore: 11:00pm On May 27, 2013
Nice one! God bless the originator of this wonderful piece.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Solowande(m): 11:27pm On May 27, 2013
Krasid: I don't quite agree with number one because watching some programs in the television can be educative.
d neva say don't watch TV, he only say minimise ur time watchin TV
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Solowande(m): 11:29pm On May 27, 2013
d writer neva say don't watch TV, he only say minimise ur time watchin TV
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by KokoBeware: 11:35pm On May 27, 2013
The TV watching should be rephrased.... It depends on what you are watching there are very educative tv shows out there that you can learn a whole lot from... Maximise those ones and minimise Nollywood...
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by grandstar(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2013
I agree with reading challenging books. the most challenging is the bible and it can make you very wise-Psalms 119:100. And most importantly "Happy is the one hearing the word of God and keeping it"- luke 11:28. If you do that you will find the way to success-Joshua 1:8
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Chynx(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2013
299: Play chess
Seconded! Most people find it boring but to me, its the best "brain gym" on earth!
No good chess player is below average when it comes to mental alertness. I stand to be corrected though...for this is my humble insight on the game of chess and chess players.
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Chynx(m): 12:33am On May 28, 2013
delors: Thank God say smoking skunk and drinking alomo nor dey among grin grin grin grin grin grin Intelligence boosters!

He said "Intelligence Booster"; meaning "Five ways to help the intelligent improve their intelligence".

Perhaps, your option would have been considered if it were to be the other way round. grin grin grin undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by Blessmira: 1:38am On May 28, 2013
rash47:
Nice points eps no 1, can somebody in the house recommend a challenging book pls

twelfth night
-Shakespare
cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Increase Your Intelligence by avin07(m): 3:35am On May 28, 2013
yea even me 2, educative, inspirational, avenue for learning, learning is experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Reasons Government May Freeze Your Bank Account / What Business Can I Start With N50,000 In Lagos? / Men Caught Selling Pillowcase Filled With Dirty Fabrics And Used Foams (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.