Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. (1201 Views)

Who Doctored 2016 Budget, Mafia Or Rats? / Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / Exposing The Mafia Holding Buhari And The Nation Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by TRUTHTELA: 10:49pm On May 26, 2013
This is not about Jonathan, the incumbent Nigerian president. It's a common mafia rule that most FORESIGHTED men adhere to this rule: DO NOT OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER!!!

Accept it or not Gej, is the president of Nigeria.FYI, Nigeria is a 3rd world country, meaning, "RULE OF LAW IS MIRAGE". Nigerian president, has enormous powers and tools to use at his disposal. Former presidents used their powers to crush anyone that stands in their way ( ABUSE OF OFFICE/POWER though). The incumbent one will not be different. Hence, how can a state governor chose to have a political fight with his "MASTER"? What are his options?

Now, the Governor's forum is DEAD/polarized. Who else is he going to mobilize? Will people in his region not see him as a "TRAITOR", DISRESPECTFUL, and OVER AMBITIOUS man?

A critical observer will agree that Amechi, lost the Governor's forum election, cos if the 36 state gov's are not loyal to you. Who are you representing?

The Rivers State PDP politicians and heavy weights might change camp when PUSH GETS TO SHOVE ( it's typical of naija polithiefcians).

Whichever way you look @ it. A sitting Nigeria's president got the ACE,not a governor.

If you think otherwise, feel free to share your opinion. I SIMPLY WANT TO LEARN FROM OTHERS. #No Name calling or INSULTS .

2 Likes

Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by egift(m): 12:43am On May 27, 2013
Mafia = Criminals, Junkies, Gangsters, Thugs, Thieves, Armed-rubbers, Smugglers, Kidnappers, Terrorists, etc.

Today's opposition politicians in Nigeria and other well meaning Nigerians, like Gov Ameachi, who believe in following democratic principles will not stoop so low to read Mafia handouts.

Jang, Akpabio, Mimiko and their Oga can go ahead and play in the muds. Imagine how they are extracting signatures from full body governors like victims of kidnappers!
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by mej67: 5:23am On May 27, 2013
TRUTHTELA: It's a common mafia rule that most FORESIGHTED men adhere to this rule: DO NOT OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER!!!

Whichever way you look @ it. A sitting Nigeria's president got the ACE,not a governor. .

We need to learn from this. First, lets be exact; "DO NOT OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER" does not originate from the mafia even if they and most FORESIGHTED men adhere to it. It is Rule #1 in The 48 Laws of Power (2000) the first book by American author Robert Greene.

But the poster having sought shelter from attack, will not be attacked. Rather I will want upcoming Nigerians to learn and stand firm to correct many of the anomalies that currently bedevil our society. So, Mr Truthfela, I will respectfully assert that you are wrong in your conclusion above about who holds the ace.

Reason: Nigeria is a federation of States!
S.2(2) of the Constitution state "Nigeria shall be a Federation consisting of States and a Federal Capital Territory"

A federation in lay man's language is coming together, union, if you like, association. From Wikipedia, a federation is a political entity characterized by a union of partially self-governing states or regions united by a central (federal) government. In a federation, the self-governing status of the component states, as well as the division of power between them and the central government, are typically constitutionally entrenched...[/b].enough

So, it is States first. No States, no federation.

The head of the central government (here, the President) is not in any way superior or more "powerful" than the heads of the federating States, supposedly. In fact, it is the other way round. By the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria, this holds very true. For instance, S.212(1), technically it is the Governors that can grant what we know as pardon or amnesty against crimes committed against State as contained in the criminal code. The President has no such powers by the constitution because he can only pardon those convicted of offenses created by act of the national assembly. Secondly, land administration; the President only controls the FCT land. All other lands in Nigeria are firmly and 100% vested in the Governors by the Land Use Act (which is in fact appended to the constitution S.315(5).

And guess what? The President know this! Why is he losing sleep over NGF with only 36 members instead of NURTW with over a million members? Because he knows that in a federation, it is the Governors that hold the ace. For the elction of the President, the Governors have a whole lot of say. Little wonder, since President Obasanjo/Atiku who wher ushered in by the magnanimity of the military government at the time, all subsequent administrations (president and Deputies) are ex-Governors. But Mr President's men are going about it the 'agbero' way.

So why do Nigerian presidents look larger than life?

2 simple reasons:
a) Resource control: fundamentally, our constitution allows the centre to accumulate our commonwealth (federation account) and dictate what is handed out to States. Who dunnit? Subject for another debate, but that's the way it is. States have no control of any resource beneath the ground at any dept beyond where the tap root of a coco-yam planted on the surface (almost). So even most water wells and bore holes belong to federal government! States have been told point blank that they could not have Ministries in charge of solid minerals

b) We are primitive: As evidenced by poorly developed institutions. Today, it is more about the personalities not about the institutions they head and represent.

But how long can we remain like this? Very long! yes, very long if we all resign ourselves to the status quo and take it as the norm like the poster's position. Stretching it, if the sitting Nigeria's president got the ACE,not a governor, what then becomes of the fate of common people in the streets. So the poster's President should feel free, like some rulers in very distant past in some parts of the nation, to point to your wife (or mother or sister) and say, bring her here! A a small road side tent will be made of the circle of his guards and .....

But we can shorten the evil's tail and days if we begin to insist on what is proper.

The Federal government has been severally successfully challenged on the handling of federation funds and the supreme court has been helping to straighten things out, one at a time. In time, we will get there, I strongly believe.

The current Mr. President's over-reported meddling with the Governors forum is not helping his case and those who truly love him, of which I am one, should make him know that, instead of prodding him on.

Even if he silences Amaechi, what does that count for? Timipere Sylva was booted out, and so what? Has any tangible problem been solved by that? The battle is even greater today. Let Mr. President battle and conquer our epileptic power and his name will be forever engrave in gold! Let him battle escalating y=unemployment and he will be re-elected plus a constitutional change to allow him more productive terms in Office!

The attack valve is open please.

2 Likes

Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by kunlekunle: 5:39am On May 27, 2013
its not the question of been a traitor, he simply had a different political ideology from GEJ.
SS is becoming a stabilised political environment, someone should be able to question the leadership.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by Goddex: 5:54am On May 27, 2013
egift
[color=#990000:

Mafia = Criminals, Junkies, Gangsters, Thugs, Thieves, Armed-rubbers, Smugglers, Kidnappers, Terrorists, etc.[/color][/b]

Today's opposition politicians in Nigeria and other well meaning Nigerians, like Gov Ameachi, who believe in following democratic principles will not stoop so low to read Mafia handouts.

Jang, Akpabio, Mimiko and their Oga can go ahead and play in the muds. Imagine how they are extracting signatures from full body governors like victims of kidnappers!

The bolded just exposes you as one of those haters. So today, the quiet Jang, GEJ, Mimiko, Obi etc are anti democratic and the opposition - the high handed Tinubu (who hand picks candidates for election), the bigot Buhari (who derailed our democracy), the deceptive Lai Muhammed (who can lie about anything for politics) the arrogant Amaechi (who will sack an elected LGA chairman and all the councillors) are now your choice Democrats?

5 Likes

Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by ckkris: 7:33am On May 27, 2013
Goddex:

The bolded just exposes you as one of those haters. So today, the quiet Jang, GEJ, Mimiko, Obi etc are anti democratic and the opposition - the high handed Tinubu (who hand picks candidates for election), the bigot Buhari (who derailed our democracy), the deceptive Lai Muhammed (who can lie about anything for politics) the arrogant Amaechi (who will sack an elected LGA chairman and all the councillors) are now your choice Democrats?

Thanks Goddex. More of their roll call:
Aragberascal - his face alone
Tinubu - imposed his wife
Buhari - coups plotter
Amechi - just too rude
Rochas - dubious
IBB - the evil genius
They assume that if they disturb everyone long enough, they will be allowed to acquire the National political power to legitimise their rudeness. Na lie dem de lie.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by egift(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2013
OP: I don't what Rule in your PDP Mafia Handbook you are reading now, but I can see it is the one that involves breaking of bottles on the head of passer-byes grin
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by Omen100(m): 8:49am On May 27, 2013
I just resumed work this morning after almost 2weeks of deferment, so I won’t be able to say anything now until later today.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by texaco1: 8:54am On May 27, 2013
egift: OP: I don't what Rule in your PDP Mafia Handbook you are reading now, but I can see it is the one that involves breaking of bottles on the head of passer-byes grin
premiumtimesng.com/regional/127499-osoba-amosun-factions-of-acn-clash-violently-in-ogun.html
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by ckkris: 8:56am On May 27, 2013
egift: OP: I don't what Rule in your PDP Mafia Handbook you are reading now, but I can see it is the one that involves breaking of bottles on the head of passer-byes grin
Kai, rather breaking bottles of ogogoro on the heads of incorrigible traitors. Why doesn't Amechi simply resign from PDP and join APC or ACN?
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by egift(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2013
But I have to feed you a little of your medicine: Here is a list, do fill in the name (#HINT - they are all PDP).

1. He and his wife were known to be trafficking drugs. (#Letter bomb things)
2. He stole over $32 billion Power project money.
3. He stole N64b Nigeria Port Authorities money and went to jail.
4. EFCC found her laundering money, but abandon the case when the husband had the opportunity to become Presido.
5. Who said this "I do not deny that I have stolen money, but if EFCC will arrest me then arrest my Oga as well" #During 3rd term tussle.
6. He wanted to become perpetual President, top military officers plane-crashed in his time, he is the father of do-or-die politics.
7. He dressed as a woman to stage a Prison Break Unrated.
8. Name PDP's verified ex-convicts shocked
9. He was caught with 3 unclothed ladies in the plane?
10. He was accused by his son of sleeping with his daughter-in-law

While I will not hold brief for any Nigeria politician as the have all soiled their hands in one way or the other - but PDP agents should be the last people to call name. Imagine what they have done with our State and Federal purse for the past 12 years?

-Pension Scam -Subsidy Thieves -Bombing -Militancy -Kidnappings -Money Laundering -419 -Inside trading -Illegal sales/acquisitions -Murder -Subjecting justice -Ima Mmadu -Trafficking -Stealing -ETC

^^Our politicians are some of the finest criminals in the world. Things need to be better. Every well-meaning Nigerian should ask for a change for the better. Not advocating arm-twisting others with treats like Akpabio and his team is doing over an ordinary NGF election.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by texaco1: 9:20am On May 27, 2013
ckkris: Kai, rather breaking bottles of ogogoro on the heads of incorrigible traitors. Why doesn't Amechi simply resign from PDP and join APC or ACN?
the moment he does that he is finished politically.what they acn are doing is they are using ameachi to factionalise pdp
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by texaco1: 9:24am On May 27, 2013
egift: But I have to feed you a little of your medicine: Here is a list, do fill in the name (#HINT - they are all PDP).

1. He and his wife were known to be trafficking drugs. (#Letter bomb things)
2. He stole over $32 billion Power project money.
3. He stole N64b Nigeria Port Authorities money and went to jail.
4. EFCC found her laundering money, but abandon the case when the husband had the opportunity to become Presido.
5. Who said this "I do not deny that I have stolen money, but if EFCC will arrest me then arrest my Oga as well" #During 3rd term tussle.
6. He wanted to become perpetual President, top military officers plane-crashed in his time, he is the father of do-or-die politics.
7. He dressed as a woman to stage a Prison Break Unrated.
8. Name PDP's verified ex-convicts shocked
9. He was caught with 3 unclothed ladies in the plane?
10. He was accused by his son of sleeping with his daughter-in-law

While I will not hold brief for any Nigeria politician as the have all soiled their hands in one way or the other - but PDP agents should be the last people to call name. Imagine what they have done with our State and Federal purse for the past 12 years?

-Pension Scam -Subsidy Thieves -Bombing -Militancy -Kidnappings -Money Laundering -419 -Inside trading -Illegal sales/acquisitions -Murder -Subjecting justice -Ima Mmadu -Trafficking -Stealing -ETC

^^Our politicians are some of the finest criminals in the world. Things need to be better. Every well-meaning Nigerian should ask for a change for the better. Not advocating arm-twisting others with treats like Akpabio and his team is doing over an ordinary NGF election.
is acn and apc the better alternative?
are there no worse criminals in acn?
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by IGBOSON1: 10:02am On May 27, 2013
Goddex:

^^^Couldn't have said it better!
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by ckkris: 10:07am On May 27, 2013
texaco1:
the moment he does that he is finished politically.what they acn are doing is they are using ameachi to factionalise pdp
Which one is Amechi's faction in the PDP? ACN/APC are just destroying the young man. He will never be a Yoruba man, neither can he dare claim Hausa/Fulani. ACN/APC are purely Yoruba/Hausa/fulani political alliance that loots Nigerian resources without caring about any kind of productivity.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by egift(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2013
texaco1:
is acn and apc the better alternative?
are there no worse criminals in acn?
PDP is destroying Gov Amechi for not being a mumu. You are here supporting them with your Mafia Rule. Akpa amu ekwesu.
Re: The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. by texaco1: 10:19am On May 27, 2013
ckkris: Which one is Amechi's faction in the PDP? ACN/APC are just destroying the young man. He will never be a Yoruba man, neither can he dare claim Hausa/Fulani. ACN/APC are purely Yoruba/Hausa/fulani political alliance that loots Nigerian resources without caring about any kind of productivity.
you are absolutely correct

(1) (Reply)

Outrage Over Governor Al-makura Son’s N1.5 Billion Wedding In USA / How Jonathan Will RULE ( May Not Win Election Though) Nigeria Again In 2016 / Okorocha Likely To Be Swept Out Of Office On 31st October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.