Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Scam Or Real - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scam Or Real (1129 Views)

Is This Some Sort Of Scam Or......... / Canadian Visa Expert, Scam Or Real? / Aero Online Booking For Ngn7000, Scam Or Plain Risk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 8:35am On May 28, 2013
I met a young lady on a Christian dating sight from Abuja back in March. We have been chatting and conversing over the phone for two months now and are friends on Facebook. She wants to come see me in the U.S. and is headed to Lagos to have some agency help her prepare her documents to get visa since she is self employed. This young lady is telling me that this agency is charging her $1000 dollars for the paperwork because her current funds she has would not be enough to qualify for visa. This agency is going to make it look like she has more money than what she actually has.

I thought about doing a letter of invitation for her but I don't feel comfortable sending my personal financial info along with the Letter. I really like this person! She seems very religious and into me. I just wonder if this is real or a scam. Please help
Re: Scam Or Real by justwise(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2013
ecatlin: I met a young lady on a Christian dating sight from Abuja back in March. We have been chatting and conversing over the phone for two months now and are friends on Facebook. She wants to come see me in the U.S. and is headed to Lagos to have some agency help her prepare her documents to get visa since she is self employed. This young lady is telling me that this agency is charging her $1000 dollars for the paperwork because her current funds she has would not be enough to qualify for visa. This agency is going to make it look like she has more money than what she actually has.

I thought about doing a letter of invitation for her but I don't feel comfortable sending my personal financial info along with the Letter. I really like this person! She seems very religious and into me. I just wonder if this is real or a scam. Please help

You are about to be added to the list of victims of Nigerian scammers. To start with, she wouldn't be given a visa in a situation like this. This has scam written all over it.

Its your choice, many people still do what they want and turn around later and call all Nigerians names.

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by texaco1: 8:45am On May 28, 2013
dating scams are rampant,the moment u send that money ,you are in and she will ask for more.i think i will go with the scam theory.this is a scam .

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 8:52am On May 28, 2013
justwise:

You are about to be added to the list of victims of Nigerian scammers. To start with, she wouldn't be given a visa in a situation like this. This has scam written all over it.

Its your choice, many people still do what they want and turn around later and call all Nigerians names.

Yeah I'm beginning to think it's a scam to it's just a shame some people would use God's name in vain like she does. I would never put all nigerians in that category bad people everywhere.
Re: Scam Or Real by justwise(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2013
ecatlin:

Yeah I'm beginning to think it's a scam to it's just a shame some people would use God's name in vain like she does. I would never put all nigerians in that category bad people everywhere.
Christian dating dating sites are hot bed of scammers, scammers don't care, do internet search and enjoy the result.
Re: Scam Or Real by 25omega(m): 2:23pm On May 28, 2013
poster

If she got the visa, how is she planning to get to the U.S? who would be buying the ticket?
Re: Scam Or Real by Vicjustice: 3:26pm On May 28, 2013
Definitely a scam, no doubt about that.
Ask "her" to tell you the meaning of the word, Mugu, and see if "she" will reply you any more
Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 5:00pm On May 28, 2013
25omega: poster

If she got the visa, how is she planning to get to the U.S? who would be buying the ticket?

She told me she was short $500 in trying to get the visa. I told her I would send for her to come with a non-refundable, non transferable flight ticket but not sending money to know one I ever met.
Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 5:06pm On May 28, 2013
Vicjustice: Definitely a scam, no doubt about that.
Ask "her" to tell you the meaning of the word, Mugu, and see if "she" will reply you any more

I just looked up that word. .... lol ! I will do that!
Re: Scam Or Real by mario147(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2013
ecatlin: I met a young lady on a Christian dating sight from Abuja back in March. We have been chatting and conversing over the phone for two months now and are friends on Facebook. She wants to come see me in the U.S. and is headed to Lagos to have some agency help her prepare her documents to get visa since she is self employed. This young lady is telling me that this agency is charging her $1000 dollars for the paperwork because her current funds she has would not be enough to qualify for visa. This agency is going to make it look like she has more money than what she actually has.

@op...i wouldnt want you to just conclude that its a scam,just tell her to prove her self real by doing everything possible to get the visa without u giving her any penny.
Re: Scam Or Real by justwise(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2013
mario147:

@op...i wouldnt want you to just conclude that its a scam,just tell her to prove her self real by doing everything possible to get the visa without u giving her any penny.

That will not prove anything, she can show him fake visa stamp and ask for money to pay the agent.

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by justwise(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2013
ecatlin:

She told me she was short $500 in trying to get the visa
. I told her I would send for her to come with a non-refundable, non transferable flight ticket but not sending money to know one I ever met.

Its a common trick used by low level romance scammers.

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by Vicjustice: 8:27pm On May 28, 2013
Don't be surprised to know that the person you are corresponding with is a man like you... pretending to be a woman, he can even use a woman to speak to you on phone to prove a point

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by 25omega(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2013
mario147:

Are you serious?

the biotch said she
1. is going to a scam agent to get a visa who will help make it look like she has funds she doesn't
2. she needs $1,000 to get the visa scam going
3. she need $500 for a plane ticket. mind you she still hasn't gotten the visa

if it smells like a fart and you heard prrrrrrrrrrrrun it is a fart
poster i will advice you to stop chatting with the "woman" before you get emotionally invested and do something dumb

1 Like

Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 10:12pm On May 28, 2013
25omega: Are you serious?

the biotch said she
1. is going to a scam agent to get a visa who will help make it look like she has funds she doesn't
2. she needs $1,000 to get the visa scam going
3. she need $500 for a plane ticket. mind you she still hasn't gotten the visa

if it smells like a fart and you heard prrrrrrrrrrrrun it is a fart
poster i will advice you to stop chatting with the "woman" before you get emotionally invested and do something dumb

Yeah think I'm going to let this one go!
Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 10:14pm On May 28, 2013
Vicjustice: Don't be surprised to know that the person you are corresponding with is a man like you... pretending to be a woman, he can even use a woman to speak to you on phone to prove a point

Nah seen her over cam voice and pics the same.
Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 10:17pm On May 28, 2013
I'm an African American male who loves Nigerian women and the culture of things there. I really appreciate everyone's advice in this situation. God bless you all!
Re: Scam Or Real by chelseabmw(m): 12:50am On May 30, 2013
ANOTHER SCAM AGAIN......... KINDLY SEND THIS MESSAGE BELOW TO HER.

"You Be Maga" Are you a learner?"
Re: Scam Or Real by sophieLL(f): 9:53am On May 30, 2013
It's possibly a scam. Be careful and don't send your money to her. As you said, you never meet her and you couldn't make sure if what she said is ture.
Re: Scam Or Real by Nobody: 10:21am On May 30, 2013
Scam Alert. Tell her to borrow or get a loan that you will reimburse when she get to the states.
Re: Scam Or Real by texaco1: 10:53am On May 30, 2013
i think the op is bent on taking the risk ,there is nothing anyone can tell the op .he opened another thread on this same issue.
op ,best of luck

nairaland.com/1306962/letter-invitation
Re: Scam Or Real by ecatlin: 3:02pm On May 30, 2013
texaco1: i think the op is bent on taking the risk ,there is nothing anyone can tell the op .he opened another thread on this same issue.
op ,best of luck

nairaland.com/1306962/letter-invitation

No I'm not bent on taking risk! Please don't be a mind reader! She has relative in U.S. I told her to have him write her a letter of invitation and go about doing it the right way through the U.S. Embassy . I don't know how letter of invitation works that's why the thread was posted.
Re: Scam Or Real by ifegy: 6:10pm On May 30, 2013
ecatlin:

No I'm not bent on taking risk! Please don't be a mind reader! She has relative in U.S. I told her to have him write her a letter of invitation and go about doing it the right way through the U.S. Embassy . I don't know how letter of invitation works that's why the thread was posted.

...So maybe let her relative do the leg work around the letter, seeing as they have to get involved at some point in this whole process...?

You really should let us know how this whole thing plays out, by the way...it's getting rather intriguing...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ever Travelled To A Village Like This ? / Czech Republic, Eu's Fastest Growing Economy / Disabled Boy Spend 2 Hours Stopping Keke Napep By The Road Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.