Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,124 members, 7,849,498 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori (491 Views)

Corruption In Africa - 2015 Transparency International Survey / Chinese Minister Criticises Obama Remark Over Corruption In Africa (BBC Africa) / Israel Can Stop Rockets From Gaza In A Day Without Injuring Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori by billante(m): 1:40pm On May 28, 2013
Anti-corruption campaigner, P.C. Appiah-Ofori, has stated that the only way Ghana can rid itself of the pervasive corruption within its institutions is through the intervention of Jesus Christ.

Speaking to Citi News, Mr. Appiah Ofori lamented the rising level of corruption within the country and advised government to curb the situation if it intended to develop the nation's economy.

“As long as corruption is going from bad to worse, citizens would not be able to benefit from the economy and only Jesus can stop corruption in Ghana. Unless corruption is curbed, there is no way, because the money that government would have to use to prosecute projects and activities will not be available. The money ends up in people's pocket”.

According Mr. Ofori, "for the 12 years that I was in parliament, I did all that I could, but it rather went from bad to worse, and this is the reason why I decided not to go there again.”

“As long as the president is not able to access enough funds, he will not be able to positively contribute towards the development of this country

http://www.citifmonline.com/index.php?id=1.1401905

Re: Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori by billante(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2013
I thought they say its only Nigeria that is corrupt!! Never knew outside nigeria they have ever heard a word called corruption. lipsrsealed
Re: Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori by Chanchit: 2:14pm On May 28, 2013
If Ghana needs Jesus then Nigeria would a colabo btw God and Jesus Christ to stop corruption.
Re: Only Jesus Can Stop Corruption In Ghana - PC Appiah Ofori by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 29, 2013
Chanchit: If Ghana needs Jesus then Nigeria would a colabo btw God and Jesus Christ to stop corruption.
it doesnt happen in Naija more often. It is just that we talk more about ours. To us, we are the worst in the world.

Our image of ourselves which is being the Giant of Africa makes us have so much hope for ourselves. since we have not been able to live up to that expectation, we become fraustrated and pronounce more often every negative news about Nigeria.

Nigeria is also more covered in the media. Our people are politics oriented. We are so much aware of politics in our country and this makes us to talk more about the ills in our country.

We are also very big and very strategic in regional, continental and world politics. This makes us to feature in the media more often. We have media coverage.

(1) (Reply)

Barack And Michelle Obama Top List Of Forbes World’s Most Powerful Couples 2013 / Breaking News-morsy Overthrown / Egypt Picks New PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.