Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,743 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Adebolajo Vs Adeniyi Adelakun - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Adebolajo Vs Adeniyi Adelakun (944 Views)

"I'm A Man...No One Should See My Private Parts" - British Killer Adebolajo / Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' / How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adebolajo Vs Adeniyi Adelakun by agabaI23(m): 7:58pm On May 29, 2013
A RAPPER who starred with Will.i.am and Lady Gaga has secretly won a place at Cambridge University.

Brainy Niyi has given up the music business and is studying English literature and Education at St John’s College.

The 25-year-old MC, DJ and producer — famed for his colourful dress sense and unique mixing style — said he wants to become a teacher.

Niyi, who quit school at 16 and signed a record deal at 18, walked away from a highly successful career. The star — real name Adeniyi Adeyemi Adelakun — had secretly gone back to study in Westminster, central London, and crammed for A-levels in nine months.

He achieved an A grade in Government and politics and an A* in English. Niyi, who ran a club night in London’s Soho, got through two interviews to win a place at university.

He said: “I have played in pretty much every type of club, but I’m not that interested any more.” Niyi, from Chelmsford, Essex, added: “At first Cambridge was a real culture shock. It is still quite elitist. There are only two other black people in my year.

“Now when I am running across a beautiful bridge for a lecture and the bells are ringing I no longer feel like I am in a period drama. It’s normal.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4946149/niyi-cambridge-university.html

ONE of the carving knife jihadists was once the victim of a frenzied stabbing HIMSELF — in a crack den, The Sun can reveal.
Maniac Michael Adebowale, 22 — the monster in the tan jacket when soldier Lee Rigby was slaughtered — cheated death but saw a close pal killed.
He was just 16 at the time — and had fallen in with a tearaway Muslim-dominated gang of teen drug lords called the Woolwich Boys.
The Brit, whose family hail from Nigeria, was in the one-bed flat where crack was being sold when a crazed junkie stormed in.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4941607/Lee-Rigby-killer-No2-was-knifed-in-neck-at-a-crack-den-aged-just-16.html#ixzz2Ui3EM6hL

The hipocrisy/patrotism of foreign media

I wish our local media will learn to be patriotic also.
Re: Adebolajo Vs Adeniyi Adelakun by agabaI23(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2013
For our own dear journalists, it is evil to show any sense of patriotism. The noble baroness from UK decried the spate of self-put-downism in the media sector. Too bad!
Re: Adebolajo Vs Adeniyi Adelakun by agabaI23(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2013
Alright, no journalist is here

(1) (Reply)

Kenyans On Twitter Shade Jacob Zuma For His Horrible Handwriting(photos) / President-elect Trump in Home Alone 2 - Youtube. / Kurdistan New State Is Smelling Pepper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.