Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why "O Negative" Blood Is So Special - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why "O Negative" Blood Is So Special (774 Views)

Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor / Rhesus Negative Blood Group And Pregnancy / O Negative Blood Donor Urgently Needed To Save A Less Than A Week Old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why "O Negative" Blood Is So Special by haykay0072000: 11:40pm On May 29, 2013
"Blood cells can be given to anyone," explains LeeAnn Weitekamp, the Medical Director for MI Blood. She explains that in an emergency when someone's life depends on getting blood immediately, it's the only type that will save their life because O negative is compatible with every blood type.

"It's the one type that can be given to them in that short time frame where they need it and they need it now until they actually do get typed appropriately," says Weitekamp.

What else makes O negative donors super heroes? The fact that they make up only about 9% of the world's population making it the fourth rarest blood type. And why type O negative donors are asked to give more often.

But most O negative donors like Carolyn DeWitte are more than willing. "I realize I'm a universal donor and I >>>>>>>>>read more http://planehealth..com/2013/05/why-o-negative-blood-is-so-special.html
Re: Why "O Negative" Blood Is So Special by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 30, 2013
This blood type can be a blessing and a curse. it has resulted in childlessness for a lot of women.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning / Dangers Of Excessive Sugar Consumption / A Peek Into The Mind Of A Bipolar Patient.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.