Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

How To Market Your Skills As A Webdeveloper - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Market Your Skills As A Webdeveloper (611 Views)

Become A Professional Webdeveloper Free At Sango Otta Ogun State. / Hello, Pls I Realy Need A Webdeveloper Urgently! / I Need A Professional Webdeveloper To Build An Friendfinder Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Market Your Skills As A Webdeveloper by idlaw2k3(m): 7:51am On May 31, 2013
Web developers (especially newbies) usually have a hard time in trying to showcase and market their skills. Most web developers would rather spend time writing codes and working on web projects than searching for clients. Advertising on Nairaland, newspapers, billboards, fliers, etc. can be expensive but are very effective in reaching out to your clients.

But there are proven ways that are almost cost free that both new entrants into the arena and old timers who still struggle can adopt to increase their S+A+L+E+S.

Word Of Mouth
Nobody can blow your trumpet for you, you have todo it yourself. Many people overlook the power of this simple but very effective and free means of letting other people know what you do. Tell them ! At home, Church, Mosque, Your relatives, every one. Let people know that you design websites. You never can tell when a need will arise and your name will be the first on thier minds.

Business Cards
Print Business cards detailing what you do. Be creative and make it colorful, as you tell people what you do give them your business cards. while using public transport give your business card to those sitting near you. When vising public institutions like banks, offices even supermarkets never fail to have in your pocket some of your business cards. It makes you appear professional when say "This is what I do,......Here is my business card."

will post more ideas soon
Re: How To Market Your Skills As A Webdeveloper by idlaw2k3(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2013
Practice Aggressive Marketing
Don't wait for clients to come to you, GO OUT AND MEET THEM. One of my clients office is in a building with two computer schools with very big signboards and posters on the stairway advertising website design. he must have passed these signs everyday but saw no need to get one for himself....until I met him personally.

At times it is not enough to place and advert or post a flier because most people would still want to ask some questions and need to be convinced that a website will enhance their business. This applies not just only to web development but also to also to software development. Go out and meet prospective clients SHOW THEM HOW IT WILL BENEFIT THEM and the rest willl be history.

more tips soon...

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Web Designers! / How Much Does A Server Farm Cost To Install? / How To Move From Wordpress To Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.