Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) (19424 Views)

Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At University Of Manchester!!! Photos / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by olaezebala: 9:37pm On May 31, 2013
biordunetopo: Atigba talaye ti daye, kosomo Indy to so riburuku. Proudly Katangite.
Awa lo ni INDY Hall kolebaje
Awa lo ni INDY Hall ko le baje o
O, greatest Katangite,
INDY Hall lawawa
Amonrawa.
C55 INDY hall all thru my stay in UI (undergraduate days) and Bodija Hall for my M.Sc grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Will never forget that place that got burnt in Tedder sha. I do buy my Akara and Bread from that SUB side. U need not enter TEDDER to get served.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by vibesbabe(f): 10:02pm On May 31, 2013
Is that not Klazz Bar?That place looks like where i used to buy fried rice in those days o.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Akiika: 10:07pm On May 31, 2013
Abeg which one be "buttery" area?
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by marialucia(f): 10:12pm On May 31, 2013
Wat caused the fire naw *sobbing* was suppose to see this hall wen I get to U I naw
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by shikenosa: 10:17pm On May 31, 2013
pDude:

But Kuti's bread and egg was the best. Remember aunty Odun, the fat girl? I liked her bread a lot.
I agree baje...kuti burger

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by shikenosa: 10:20pm On May 31, 2013
superdude007: My body vibrated when I heard the news. Hall of Frame, shall be rebuild beautifully. I stayed in A15 and C43 while in UI. Greatest UI.
are u sure u finished from ui abi u jez went vistin...
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 31, 2013
Prof Corruption: Greatest of the Greatest Mellanbites!!!!!!!!!!!
ever concious mellanbite and ever dynamic mellanbites!! They αя our neighbours and we helped them put the fire off before the arrival of fire service and abefele
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 31, 2013
shikenosa: I agree baje...kuti burger

Thank you ojare! Your head dey there. Kuti burger. wink
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Roliks09: 11:38pm On May 31, 2013
pDude:

But Kuti's bread and egg was the best. Remember aunty Odun, the fat girl? I liked her bread a lot.
pdude was a uite? Cool.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by dom(m): 11:48pm On May 31, 2013
Hmmmmm. I recognise the building. Though it wasn't buttery in our time. (1996-2002) Each time fire burns down a U.I structure (Queens Hall (Wooden blocks), Faculty of Arts), it takes a piece of history with it. Even if that Buttery is restructured it'll lack the old British touch. I recall when the Junior Common Room was painted and the Beautiful Art work by Demas Nwoko on the wall was covered with paint. I felt pained cos that beautiful work was painted in the 60s and served to beautify the JCR! By the way, Yours truly lived in Tedder all thru, in A64 (above the Dungeon), A14, A26, A32 and finally D7.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by sweetsmalsis(f): 11:51pm On May 31, 2013
Greatest Idiates!!!
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Lilboots(m): 12:01am On Jun 01, 2013
sweetsmalsis: Greatest Idiates!!!

This Idia babes don come again o grin. I dey remember patronising Idia Hall and after 9pm when dem go lock gate, I go just waka go Awo then take d long walk back to Tedder at Midnite. This was in d late 90s b4 the new halls opposite Idia. Those Idia girls can cook beans esp that B block grin
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 01, 2013
Roliks09: pdude was a uite? Cool.

Yes I was smiley
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by olaezebala: 12:25am On Jun 01, 2013
sweetsmalsis: Greatest Idiates!!!
Katangress.

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by alstacs(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2013
pDude:

interesting, which years were these?
I was in Bello Hall and mama Ijebu was the saviour of the boys......in the mid 90s.....
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 01, 2013
annoymous: which one be baba toyin? Baba klass ni joor - come to klass b4 going to class grin grin
toyin was the name of that her fat daughter i guess, baba klass had two boys and a girl. I remember mama dara, am sure those girls are big now, i remember d late fat woman in d buttery, was shocked when i learnt she's dead. Robinson and eggs. Che157. Tedder hall of fame, root of d 'originals', lovely atmosphere after a rainfall, taking a walk with your babe towards mellamby,trenchard, seeing her off back to queens hostel. Memories!
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 01, 2013
alstacs:
interesting, which years were these?
I was in Bello Hall and mama Ijebu was the saviour of the boys......in the mid 90s.....

Bros respect o!!

But you be old skool cheesy
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2013
Azikiwe terror on da field
Baluba is magnificient
Undisputed UI sport King
Azikiwe never ever fail

Greatest gbogbo! Greatest Gbagba! Greatest Shiwon! Greatest Jewon ! Greatest funwonpa ! Greatest Kanwonpa
Like if u'r a ZIKITE
D only Hall in UI ...

when Zik Hall sneezes , UI catches Cold ...

3 Likes

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by dridowu: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2013
So sad no fire prevention service on ground
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by dridowu: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Reading all ds post remind me of my undergraduate days (2004-2010) 6yrs course, at GREAT NNAMDI AZIKIWE HALL(B13,A21,A34,A28,B75b,D27).
When Zik Hall sneezes UI catch cold. B block basement is d unofficial headquarter of UI HALLs.
Proudly Zikite

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by fyneguy: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Oh my hall, back in the day. Block A room 28
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by sweetgala(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2013
Can't claim UI but I was in ISI for 5 yrs.. Walked through all these places. Knew a few cats in zik. Idia babes fine pass..
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by fyneguy: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2013
MrNigeria.:

it is baba klass not baba toyin
....he is still yhere though now tusher and rebranded

A14 ,c29,c9,c2,c39 2005-2010

No be Awo hall baba klass dey?...well na pre-2000 i dey talk sha
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by enriched(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2013
Goodboy2012: Azikiwe terror on da field
Baluba is magnificient
Undisputed UI sport King
Azikiwe never ever fail

Greatest gbogbo! Greatest Gbagba! Greatest Shiwon! Greatest Jewon ! Greatest funwonpa ! Greatest Kanwonpa
Like if u'r a ZIKITE
D only Hall in UI ...

when Zik Hall sneezes , UI catches Cold ...

They not only catch cold, they chiver.

Thank God the fire didn't affect students properties, it would have been a different story. I once witnessed a fire outbreak on 2nd January, 2009. The students were not around, lost their properties but still faced SDC (Student Disciplinary Committee).

Once you a Zikite, a zikite, a zikite. Once you are a Zikite, a Zikite forever.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Larrylarex(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Op, if you get the picture of dz hall b4 it was destroyed by fire, make u post am.
You took those words outta my mouth... I hope no live(s) was lost sha? T'emi ba wa, ireti si n be
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by iseyinoro(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2013
The greatest Mellanbites commiserate with our neighbor.
Yesterday, today and forever, we lead, others follow.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by teebadmus(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2013
Am sowi abt this. We all shd be careful wt electric appliances cos their damage is always unpredictable. God bless 9ja
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by tosomaju(m): 11:45am On Jun 01, 2013
It's amazing to know that lot of ui alumni are also niaralanders, little wonder the ui admission thread is catching fire. Its also amazing to know one more positive effect of fire: it ignite reunion of uites, especially when the fire affects ui.
Speaking with IFA's voice *set trenchard hall on fire to bring former uites together*cheesy.
On a serious note, i think we need a thread on NL where we can share our experiences as once a student of great ui. Reading all ur comments was able to release the tears from the prison of my eye latches, it makes me feel proud to be associated with ui.
Greatest uites, techites, zikites.
Incumbent B23ite.
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by IFEDILIEZE(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
Tedder hall.....where it all began. Ahoy seadogs!!!
Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Cheggoon(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
baba dey: cry cry. tedder hall!!... Its like it didnt affect the students. Well,no hall like INDY(katangite) and ZIK hall grin
Am proud to be a Katangite...once a katangite its always on....awa loni indy hall kole baje..
Merule say so...!

1 Like

Re: Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) by Cheggoon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
olaezebala:
Awa lo ni INDY Hall kolebaje
Awa lo ni INDY Hall ko le baje o
O, greatest Katangite,
INDY Hall lawawa
Amonrawa.
C55 INDY hall all thru my stay in UI (undergraduate days) and Bodija Hall for my M.Sc grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Will never forget that place that got burnt in Tedder sha. I do buy my Akara and Bread from that SUB side. U need not enter TEDDER to get served.
Merule bless u....!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo) / Olanrewaju Fagbohun Celebrates His 50th Birthday: A Nairalander Gave Him Artwork / Studying Mass Communication Without Literature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.