Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) (1629 Views)

Watch White American Police Officer Shoot A Black Man To Death With 8 Bullets / Horrifying Brutality Of Pro-morsy Protesters In Egypt - Killing POLICE!!! / Teen Saved A Little Girl From A Kidnapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2013
The mother of a 14-year-old arrested over Memorial Day weekend on a Miami beach is accusing police of brutality, after officers forced her son to the ground and put him in a choke hold.
Police accuse the teen of “clenching his fists” and giving officers “dehumanizing stares.”
Maurissa Holmes, of Miami Gardens, took her family to Haulover Beach for a Memorial Day picnic, and says her son, Tremaine McMillian, was horsing around with friends in the water and playing with his new puppy, when he was approached by two police officers on ATVs.
Holmes told theGrio the officers, after realizing the teens weren’t actually fighting, ordered Tremaine to take them to his mother. She says her son complied. The officers say he didn’t.
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2013
“As he was walking towards me I see the officers walking behind him with the puppy in one hand and the bottle to nurse the puppy in the other hand,” she told theGrio, saying the officers grabbed Tremaine.
“They slammed him to the ground, they choked him, to where he couldn’t breathe and he urinated on himself.
I kept asking them to please get off my child because he can’t breathe. They kept saying ‘getback, get back.’”
Holmes captured the arrest on her cell phone camera.
Police tell a different story, saying in a police report obtained by theGrio that Tremaine pulled away from the officers, clenched his fists, and said to stop following him, despite walking toward his mother, and that he gave them “dehumanizing stares.”
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2013
A Miami-Dade Police spokesman, Det. Javier Baez, told theGrio by phone on Thursday: “if you clench your fist that’s a sign of aggression, we have the ability to defuse that situation and redirect you in order to defuse the situation,” with “redirect” referring to forcing the teen onto the ground.
Holmes insists her son “wasn’t doing anything wrong except bringing them towards me.”
She says the police grabbing Tremaine caused him todrop the puppy, injuring its leg, and that she has had to give the puppy away this week, because she can’t afford the veterinary bill.
Tremaine, a student at Carol City Middle School, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer with violence. He has a July 16th court date, and has been assigned a public defender.
“I’m angry because you don’t do a child like that,” Holmes said. “What if it was one of their children? That’s a minor.”
She accused police of putting “whatever they wanted to put in the police report to try and make the charges stick.”
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2013
Tremaine told theGrio the incident has left him “sad.” He said one of the officers told him duringthe arrest that if he was an adult, “all my bones would be broken.”
“It made me feel sad because I didn’t get to have fun or eat with my family on Memorial Day,” Tremaine said. “And for them doing that it make me not like police, period.”
Holmes said she has spoken to a lawyer about taking legal action, once her son’s criminal case is resolved.

http:// on.thegrio.com/ 14eoJ2q

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603853122967914&id=119537898066108&set=a.119780611375170.15914.119537898066108&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5884186507890364255%3Amf_story_key.-4742558647032110393

Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Garrithe1st: 6:26pm On May 31, 2013
What exactly did they do to him??

Shebi na ordinary "kolobi" dem give the guy??

If na our Police handle the guy wetin dem for talk??
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:27pm On May 31, 2013
ME THINK NA ONLY 9JA POLICEMEN DEY DISPLAYED CRASS METALITY? SO OYINBO POLICE DEY DO AM TOO!
WAIT O WHY ALL THERE HATRED ON WE BLACK PEOPLE? undecided
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:33pm On May 31, 2013
Garri the 1st: What exactly did they do to him??

Shebi na ordinary "kolobi" dem give the guy??

If na our Police handle the guy wetin dem for talk??

SE IF NA YOUR SON DEM GIVE THAT "KOLOBI" YOU GO HAPPY SO? THAT POLICEMEN ARE/WERE THIRD-DEGREE COWARDIC PINK NECK JAWE! THEY SHOULD GO FACE RUGGED BLACK GUYS INSTEAD OF MOLESTING A SMALL CHILD NA!
BY THE WAY ISN'T CHILD ABUSE A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN AMEYIKA?
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Awoofawo(m): 6:53pm On May 31, 2013
Kevin Williams wrote on facebook:

Everyday it's like that hear in miami,, what's funny is during memorial day weekend, blacks from out of town go to south beach, the residents, and business owners don't want us there and for the last two years they set up dui checkpoints, and require an id to enter the beach, police at every corner , this is done to discourage blacks from attending the so called urban beach weekend.. Where this incident happened was in the northern part of miami beach, where the tourist didn't go,,haulover beach aka nude beach probably had more of thewhites and white hispanics who went there to get away from south beach, they probably reported the horse playing.. These metro Dade police was out of line, and what i hate is these police fraternal order spokesman always defend excessive force actions and poor judgment that these officer display.. Now the kid is in the system and probably the damage is done...smh
Re: American Police Brutality Of Black Teen (picture) by Maxymilliano(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2013
Here is the video of the arrest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecIUY3Wox4A

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nude Woman Boards Chicago Train, Slaps Passengers & Announces She's A Goddess .. / Lesbian Couple Defy Uganda's "Jail The Gays For Life Bill" By Getting Married. / Trump Has Been Announced Winner Of US 2020 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.