Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (82627 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MrsAnyanwu(f): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nice ....
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by BeloHorizonte14: 1:22am On Aug 05, 2015
yinkeys:
Excel 2007: The Missing Manual by Mathew McDonald

please,i have problems downloading the ebook format.

Thanks.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by yinkeys(m): 5:48am On Aug 05, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:

please,i have problems downloading the ebook format. Can you help me send to this email;
ameduelvis07@gmail.com.

Thanks.
it's not in ebook format
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by BeloHorizonte14: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2015
yinkeys:
it's not in ebook format
please help me with it,i just know i have been unable to download it.
Thank you
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 05, 2015
Yinkeys send to me @rynojay at gmail dot com.
Thank you.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by DonaldGenes(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
dnddyon:
:'
Pls I didn't get d #click on celll B10 type =sum ...# its nt working well here. Pls explain better
you sent me a pm right? How can iHelp you?

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by b03liberty(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
This thread merit permanent fp
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Oxytocin(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
Great thread... Have been looking for something like this a long time..... Don't have time to go to a computer school..... God bless you OP
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by DonaldGenes(m): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
dnddyon:
Pls I didn't get d #click on celll B10 type =sum ...# its nt working well here. Pls explain better

you send me a pm? What is it about?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Alphaoscar: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
DonaldGenes:

you send me a pm? What is it about?

I am suspecting that guy. most of the latest e-thieves on Nairaland opened their nl accounts years back without any comment.

I never come across his moniker before he sent me a PM and unfortunately I don't reply PMs even if its from Seun himself I won't reply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by iluvpomo(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2015
dnddyon:
did you email me?? I've lost the email, thanks.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by iluvpomo(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
happy happy happy
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by benebaby77: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
please, can you share me a link where I can download SQL...

cc: esere826
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Dominic1981(m): 6:55am On Jan 29, 2016
waiting for more
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
benebaby77:
please, can you share me a link where I can download SQL...

cc: esere826
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver2014express.aspx
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by benebaby77: 9:07am On Feb 06, 2016
esere826:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver2014express.aspx

Thank Sir. I'm new to the world of SQL, which file do you suggest I download
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Rizin: 4:16pm On May 03, 2016
please can someone help me out.

I have Excel sheet from headquarters with 10 columns ( heading: car no, date of service, km, part no, fuel level, etc) with up to 3000 rows. I do receive this report with the same no of columns from different regions. I need to collate these reports into the main sheet. is there a way I can add the columns from the regional sheet to the main sheet. I know vlookup but it only adds one column at a time.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by cr80vity(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2016
good work goin on here...I love people who share knowledge for free...you can check my signature also
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by issylarry(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2016
kay4cashmoney:
. Pls I need aptitude test PDF attachment too. God bless u & whatever u lay ur hands on as u assist people, my mail to send it to : Abdulazeezkayode2@gmail.com or kaybizmind@gmail.com. Thanks
Can i also have the attechment please, okunlola.israel@gmail.com.Thats my email,thanks.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:00pm On May 25, 2016
Rizin:

I have Excel sheet from headquarters with 10 columns ( heading: car no, date of service, km, part no, fuel level, etc) with up to 3000 rows. I do receive this report with the same no of columns from different regions. I need to collate these reports into the main sheet. is there a way I can add the columns from the regional sheet to the main sheet. I know vlookup but it only adds one column at a time.

Thank you.
as far as the columns are in the same order, the best approach is to copy and paste into the master
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by bunmi85(f): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Microsoft excel is an element of Microsoft workplace (excel, excel, PowerPoint, access). it's Associate in Nursing electronic spreadsheets application that may be wont to organise your information into rows and Columns. Being an automatic version of paper-based computer program, it makes it easier to store, organise, manipulate, and think about your information by mistreatment basic arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) and advanced or complicated functions. I will be giving you a step-by-step approach to knowing Microsoft Excel basics. This is an introductory class for anyone wanting to know how to use Excel effectively. So, sit back and follow along.https://nairapoints..com/2017/03/microsoft-excel-tutorials-beginners.html

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by samforjesus(m): 7:34am On Nov 25, 2017
please op How do I make excel do additions for me after inputting numbers?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by designVATExcel: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2017
samforjesus:
please op How do I make excel do additions for me after inputting numbers?

What kind of calculation? For basic calculations like addition, you make use of the SUM function. For instance "=SUM(a1, a2)" or "=sum(A1:A2)".

Thanks for that.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 27, 2017
Rizin:

Thank you.
Use macros
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by babajeje123(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
designVATExcel:

What kind of calculation? For basic calculations like addition, you make use of the SUM function. For instance "=SUM(a1 + a2)"
=sum (a1:a2) or
=(a1 + a2)
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by designVATExcel: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
babajeje123:

=sum (a1:a2) or
=(a1 + a2)

My guy, no mind me jare.
Old age things

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by grabAbargain: 10:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Check out these vacancies:

Management Accountant, The Place

Online Sales Consultant and Analyst, ZeroFinance

Accountant at Hausba Smarthomes, Abuja

Data Analyst (Freelance), Lagos

Security Analyst at Jumia, Lagos

Warehouse Assistant UNICEF, Lagos

Read requirements and how to apply on

http://www.bargainaira.com/jobs/
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by BRISKTANI: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
THIS IS ONE OF THE USEFUL POSTS I HAVE SEEN ON NAIRALAND. PLEASE PM YOUR PHONE NUMBER, LET ME SEND YOU EVEN IF ITS 1K AIRTIME. THIS POST IS FOR ME
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by ictacademy: 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Free Microsoft Excel And Data Analysis Training In Lagos

Microsoft Excel is one of today’s most powerful and versatile business tools, but if you’re not familiar with its basic functions, formulas, commands and keystrokes, you’re setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.
This Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis training seminar gives you strong fundamentals to build on.

Date:- Saturday, 24th February, 2018.
Time: 9am prompt
VENUE: PRIMALTEK PLAZA, PENCINMA, AGEGE, LAGOS.

NOTE: This Seminar is free but REGISTRATION IS COMPULSORY.

Click here to register and view course outlines http://ictacademy.com.ng/seminars/free-microsoft-excel-training-seminar-in-lagos/

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Korofoh: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
The past 10 years have seen a wave of innovative big data software designed to analyze, manipulate, and visualize data. Yet for the regular knowledge worker, Microsoft Excel, 30 years on, remains the go-to product for people looking to make sense of data. Satya Nadella, Microsoft’s CEO, maintains that Excel is still the one Microsoft product that stands above the rest — and 750 million knowledge workers worldwide support that claim every day.

We’ve been teaching and testing Microsoft Excel for a decade, and a survey of several hundred office staff we ran suggests we spend more than 10% of our working lives spreadsheeting, and for those working in research and development or finance, it’s more like 30%, or 2.5 hours a day.

Imagine, then, if this substantial proportion of the global workforce were a little better at using the application. Time would be saved, and productivity would improve.

INSIGHT CENTER
Scaling Your Team’s Data Skills
SPONSORED BY SPLUNK
Help your employees be more data-savvy.
Last year we put together The Definitive 100 Most Useful Excel Tips, for which we consulted Excel experts and looked at tens of thousands of test results and course usage data. Though every Excel feature has a use case, no single person uses every Excel feature themselves. Cut through the 500+ functions, and you’re left with 100 or so truly useful functions and features for the majority of modern knowledge workers. We’ve selected ten from that list which are especially easy to learn (approximately 2 hours total) and which can make a material difference to productivity. These ten are listed in decreasing order of utility from our top 100 list. If, like many, you’re stuck on what to learn next in Excel, you might want to look at this 2×2 matrix, which factors in usefulness and time needed to learn a skill.

Paste Special (10 minutes to learn)
Copy and paste is one of the simplest and most used functions in Excel. But we often carry over a format we don’t want, or we copy a formula over, when instead we just want a value.

These little frustrations can take time to fix, which is why Paste Special is so… special. Paste Special enables you to pick which elements of the copied cell you bring over. After you’ve copied your cell (Ctr+C) hit Ctrl+Alt+V (or go to the Clipboard section of the Home ribbon, or Edit > Paste Special) to bring up Paste Special and make your selection. Alt+E+S+V is the shortcut to just paste values — probably the most common use of Paste Special.

Add Multiple Rows (2 minutes to learn)
We often need to add new rows between existing rows. The shortcut (Ctrl, shift, +) is pretty handy, especially as you can toggle the + to add multiple rows. Often, just highlighting the number of rows you want to add (say 5) and using right click, insert is quicker when adding in bulk as it will add the number of rows you’ve highlighted.

Flash Fill (30 minutes to learn)
Excel developed a mind of its own in 2013 with this feature. Flash Fill automatically fills your data when it senses a pattern.

Suppose you have a list of product numbers in the first ten cells of column A, e.g. ‘ABC-00001’ to ‘ABC-00010’ and you only need the numbers after the ‘-’. You can easily discard the ‘ABC’ using Flash Fill. Pre-2013 this was possible, but relied on a combination of functions (FIND, LEFT, &, etc). Now, this is much faster and will impress people.

Establish the pattern by typing ‘00001’ into the first blank cell. If Flash Fill is turned on (File Options, Advanced) just start to type the next product number in the cell below and Flash Fill will recognize the pattern and fill down the remaining product numbers for you. Just hit the Enter key to accept. Or, get it going manually by clicking Data > Flash Fill, or Ctrl+E.

Flash Fill is like magic, and can be used in many different scenarios. It’s a fantastic time saver when you need to input or change a lot of data quickly and accurately. Flash Fill is a jaw-dropping feature.

INDEX-MATCH (45 minutes to learn)
Aside from VLOOKUP (which looks up the value in one column and returns a corresponding value from another column), INDEX and MATCH are the most widely used and most powerful tools in Excel for performing lookups. Used separately, these functions are invaluable, but it’s when you combine them that their true power is unleashed. INDEX and MATCH used in combination help you extract the data you need from a large dataset efficiently and precisely. Mastering these functions will not only make you look like an Excel whiz to your colleagues and manager, but can make a tedious, mundane task quick and simple. Here’s how these functions work:

VLOOKUP is a great function, but it has its limitations. It can only look up values from left to right. The lookup value must be on the left in the lookup table. INDEX and MATCH allows you to look up a value anywhere in the lookup table regardless of its position.

Let’s say you have a spreadsheet with a list of products. You have columns titled “Product Number”, “Profit”, “Product Name”, and “Revenue”. On another spreadsheet, you have a list of the product names and you want to look up how much profit each product has generated. In this scenario, we are using the product name (our lookup value) to look up the profit. The product name sits to the right of the profit and so VLOOKUP would not work. This is the perfect scenario for INDEX and MATCH.

The syntax would be:

=INDEX(Profit column,MATCH(Lookup

Value,Product Name column,0))

Here’s a good way to remember how it works:

=INDEX (Column I want a return value from, MATCH (My Lookup Value, Column I want to Lookup against, Enter “0” )) (Zero gives you an exact match, you can match against less than (-1) or greater than (1) as well.)

At first and even second glance, INDEX and MATCH looks complex. It certainly needs some practice, but it’s worth getting your head around as it is more flexible and more powerful than a VLOOKUP. It’s one of the most important uses of Excel, period.

SUM (2 minutes to learn)
This is one of the first functions you’re likely to learn in Excel — how to sum a row or column. But did you know you can select the cell at the end of a row or column and press Alt + to do this functions in seconds?

CTRL Z / CTRL Y (1 minutes to learn)
This is your Excel get-out-of-jail-free card. If you aren’t using Ctrl Z to undo mistakes in Excel, then you should be. What many people don’t know is that Ctrl Y does the opposite — redo. The two work in tandem very nicely, and you cycle through iterations of your work until you find the right one.

Remove Duplicates (10 minutes to learn)
This is so simple and quick to use. Remove Duplicates does exactly what you’d expect — it removes the duplicates in any given range of data. Our advice is to remove the values you want to dedupe and place them in another sheet. It’s found on the Data tab in the Data Tools section of the Ribbon.

If you just want to highlight duplicates, you can do this using Conditional Formatting. The shortcut to get you there is Alt H L. (Or find it on the Home ribbon under Styles).

Freeze Panes (15 minutes to learn)
Ever scroll down a large table of data only to forget which columns are which? Freeze Panes is the answer here. You can freeze just the top row, first column or any number of either, just highlight the rows/columns you want to freeze and go to the View tab and Freeze Panes in the Window section. Alt W F is the shortcut.

F4 (10 minutes to learn)
There are two especially satisfying ways to use F4 in Excel. The first is when creating an Absolute Reference: F4 toggles you through the various options. The second is one that few people know about, but could seriously improve your Excel productivity. F4 repeats your last action, where available. For example, if you’ve just applied a border to one cell, use F4 to apply it to others.

CTRL + Arrows (5 minutes to learn)
If you’ve found yourself scrolling through a dataset to reach the bottom of it, stop right now and start using Ctrl + the arrow keys! This simple shortcut takes you straight to the end of the data in a column or row you are using. Combine it with Ctrl, Shift to highlight/select large areas of data in seconds.

Warning: If you have gaps in your data this will just take you down to the first gap. So if you want to get to the bottom fast, choose a column of data which has no gaps.

Harness just a few of these ten items, and you can transform your typical work day. Whether you want to help justify data-driven business decisions at a high level, or simply get home to your family earlier, mastering the right Excel functions is a quick and easy way to maximize your productivity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.