Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (82713 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by CrazyMan(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2013
Pinkyeyes: Nice Job you are doing..... Pls crazy man can u send me d attachment too?
Go to my profile and send me a message and I would reply it with the attachment.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 6

It has been interesting the Amaechi vs the rest of Nigeria saga. hasn't it? smiley

Now that you have learnt to input data into cells, input the data in the diagram below into your excel sheet
start with cell A2 inputting 2013 and end in cell H3 inputting 0

After doing this, I'll teach you some powerful excel tricks

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 7

You are about to go beyond simplistic Excel into the power of analytics

Now, imagine you want to try seeing what could be in the year 2100 smiley

Place your cursor on cell A2
left click and drag to cell A3

then release your fingers from the mouse

Youll notice that the cells have been highlighted as shown in the diagram A
Now move your cursor towards the bottom right hand corner of the highlighted box shown in Diagram B

You'll notice that your cursor has turned to a thin black cross like this: +

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 8

left click on the small thin cross that appears,
and drag your mouse downwards all the way to the year 2100
When you get to the year 2100, release your click from the mouse

1 Share

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 9

Now watch this!!!. It is really exciting grin

Place your cursor on cell B2
left click and drag all the way to cell H3
Now release
Notice that all cells between Cell B2 to B3 all the way to H2 to H3 have been highlighted

On cell H3
move your corsour to the lower right hand corner
when it becomes a thin cross like I demonstrated in the earlier post
then, double click the cross

WOW!!!

see the way all data has been automatically inputted all the way to year 2100

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Spend some time to examine the data

Notice that your dad, your mum and you would be dead and long buried by the year 2100
if you like bind and cast all you wish angry

But wait a minute, what about your kids?? what would become of them?
Back to the spreadsheet we go

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 10

So you've sworn that you would be married and have your first kid before you're past the age of 30 years.

Trace the data in column C all the way till your age of 30
When you get to Cell C15, trace the cells horizontally to the right all the way to column F
That is cell F15

So at age 30, you produce your first baby That means that cell F15 is 0
in F16 input 1

Just like we did earlier
select cells F15 and and F16
then either double click the thin cross at the bottom right edge or click and drag it downwards

LEARN TO ANALYSE
You see that at the year 2100, your first child should be 74 years old
The implication of this is that if you live extremely long, past 100 yrs,
an old man will be burying an old man

We can surmise that the older you are when you have your first kid
the greater the possibility of a younger stronger child of yours burying you

Of course, if you're too old when you have your first kid (say 80 yrs), you might have a teenager burying you

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 11

now let's push further
You know that you should not spend more than 5 years in the university
Go to cell B8 and input 0

then click to highlight Cell B8
at the bottom right hand corner of the cell, double click when the thin cross shows
The result is that all the cells downwards of Cell B8 become 0

An important lesson to learn from this is that if you want numbers to increase down a column, input the ratio of increase or decrease in the first two cells

If on the other hand you simple want to repeat a number or character, input the needed data in just one cell and drag as required

(Note: if there is a gap in data on the left, the input on the right stops immediately)

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Bennywest(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
dats a good job u gat there, i must say am filled taking your time to write all these is not easy more strenght to your eldbo
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by richoko60: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nice thread, my Oga at the excel top, Pls i want to know the simplest way to combine two excel sheets together to become one and other excel advance features
Thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
richoko60: Nice thread, my Oga at the excel top, Pls i want to know the simplest way to combine two excel sheets together to become one and other excel advance features
Thanks

Please, I'd like some more info on what you're trying to acheive
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by elsholz(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Go bless u op. found dis very helpful. more of dis.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by imperiouxx(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
For more understanding why you guys not download the videos on youtube.com and get Excel for dummies online as well.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by tomzman: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kudos OP, I enjoyed your tutorial.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Unkl(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Nice
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by point5: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mek xx sens..kip it up niggaa oo.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Saraha1(f): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Great job
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by masqot(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
I'll love it if you can bring up a thread on Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Ibime(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
OP you're wasting your time copying and pasting all over the place.

Just redirect the people to ExcelisFun channel on YouTube where they can learn whatever they want.

http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=excelisfun&oq=excelis&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.0.0l4.1595.5386.0.7299.7.5.0.2.2.0.270.1012.0j2j3.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.youtube-reduced.FPSURAJ-qIU
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by nyabingi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME THE COURSE IN ATTACHMENT TO MY EMAIL:mekasplash@yahoo.com BECAUSE I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO CONTINUE SCROLLING BETWEEN MY WEB BROWSER AND THE SPREADSHEET, THANKS A LOT YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Cupidkc(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good work. Kudos,keep it up.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good instruction... Although people need an actual spreadsheet to work in to learn the basics. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by kay4cashmoney(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
CrazyMan:
Go to my profile and send me a mail, and I would send you the PDF attachment for free I have it on my laptop.
. Pls I need aptitude test PDF attachment too. God bless u & whatever u lay ur hands on as u assist people, my mail to send it to : Abdulazeezkayode2@gmail.com or kaybizmind@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
richoko60: Nice thread, my Oga at the excel top, Pls i want to know the simplest way to combine two excel sheets together to become one and other excel advance features
Thanks

Are you trying to merge worksheets from different workbooks?

For advanced features like Pivots and Macros, there are very good books out there. Although you need a good (not expert) VBA background to understand some advanced features.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by kay4cashmoney(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
esere826: YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 11

now let's push further
You know that you should not spend more than 5 years in the university
Go to cell B8 and input 0

then click to highlight Cell B8
at the bottom right hand corner of the cell, double click when the thin cross shows
The result is that all the cells downwards of Cell B8 become 0

An important lesson to learn from this is that if you want numbers to increase down a column, input the ratio of increase or decrease in the first two cells

If on the other hand you simple want to repeat a number or character, input the needed data in just one cell and drag as required

(Note: if there is a gap in data on the left, the input on the right stops immediately)

. Pls God bless u & whatever u lay your hands on, I want you to send the attachment to me on my mail. Abdulazeezkayode2@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ibime: OP you're wasting your time copying and pasting all over the place.

Just redirect the people to ExcelisFun channel on YouTube where they can learn whatever they want.

http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=excelisfun&oq=excelis&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.0.0l4.1595.5386.0.7299.7.5.0.2.2.0.270.1012.0j2j3.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.youtube-reduced.FPSURAJ-qIU

Strong words the bolded
...Mike Gavin must have been told same thing when he started posting his ExcelisFun videos on youtube

I agree that there are loads of opportunities to learn different topics out there
but it is because some of us spend time reaching out to share knowledge

..dip your tongue in honey my good friend

10 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
esere826:

Strong words the bolded
...Mike Gavin must have been told same thing when he started posting his ExcelisFun videos on youtube

I agree that there are loads of opportunities to learn different topics out there
but it is because some of us spend time reaching out to share knowledge

..dip your tongue in honey my good friend
ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by seegobe(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
wen u collect next month sal, send am make i help to the analysis..chikena
esere826: Hey guys. How una dey.
I am going to teach/baby feed us basic spreadsheets skills. This skill is one you wont regret having.
You could use it in both your every day life, and your career -so, its not a waste of time

We'll practice spreadsheets by analysing your salary vs expenditure. You will now be able to understand how you use your money, and thus dispel ur superstitious believe that na winch dey steal ya money.

I'll also try to use very simple languages so that even if na coconut water u carry for head, u can understand.

*Please pray for me to have the strength to finish this tutorial....Tnx*
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by myola777(m): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
esere826:

because its not finished.
1stly, because if it hits front page when it is not finished,... we'll all have fun making a mess of it with comments by the likes of Yuzedo etc
now that it is in front page, yuzedo and co fall out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.