Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

"My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help (10046 Views)

Shortcut Virus Removal From Windows 7 PC / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives. / How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by 3RNEST(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hi,
Please guy how can i get rid off this shortcut virus call 'MyRemovableDevice(2GB)'
Whenever i insert my usb it's automatically copy all my file into the shortcut folder...

I need help ASAP...thanks. embarassed
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Download malwarebytes and scan your pc with it. www.malwarebytes.com

There is a free version, out there so use it.

Do not ask me for the full license cos I wont give it.

Secondly if you dont have an active antivirus now is the time to download one.

Personally I recommend AVG so visit www.avg.com

After downloading, plug in your device and do a through scan. of both the device and your PC.

let us know the outcome.
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2013
Kingsleyinfo: Download malwarebytes and scan your pc with it. www.malwarebytes.org

After downloading, plug in your device and do a through scan. of both the device and your PC.

let us know the outcome.
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by 3RNEST(m): 11:14am On Jun 03, 2013
Kingsleyinfo: Download malwarebytes and scan your pc with it. www.malwarebytes.com

let us know the outcome.
I'm sorry, my problem is solve, thanks for showing concern and also many thanks to youtube for helping me.... cool
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by MCADENOSH: 7:22am On Jun 04, 2013
3RNEST:
lol, i bet you this solution will not work, dont pray u have this virus in your pc grin

there is love in sharing and knowledge goes wide. share your solution for people to gain. thanks to maximale and kingsleyinfo for their information.
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by 3RNEST(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2013
MCADENOSH:

there is love in sharing and knowledge goes wide. share your solution for people to gain. thanks to maximale and kingsleyinfo for their information.
Follow this video on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_RvAaAwXo

To download it click here
http://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=Hu_RvAaAwXo - bet you this virus will move from ur pc one time... cool
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by hammedkola(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
1. Click start button

2. Type cmd or command

3. When the black box open, type this command "attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*" {without the quotes}, hit enter and wait for the process to complete.

4. When the process is complete, open your usb drive to see your main files, and delete the shortcut.

NOTE:- the "f" in the command indicate the letter assigned to your usb drive. So, check "my computer" to know the alphabet assigned to your usb drive at the time you want to use it. The command removes shortcut and also unhide all hidden file/folders in any device.

GOOD LUCK!!
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by 3RNEST(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
hammedkola: 1. Click start button

2. Type cmd or command

3. When the black box open, type this command "attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*" {without the quotes}, hit enter and wait for the process to complete.

4. When the process is complete, open your usb drive to see your main files, and delete the shortcut.

NOTE:- the "f" in the command indicate the letter assigned to your usb drive. So, check "my computer" to know the alphabet assigned to your usb drive at the time you want to use it. The command removes shortcut and also unhide all hidden file/folders in any device.

GOOD LUCK!!
This method is not going to work, i try it before posting dis topic, the virus is very stubborn..
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
3RNEST:
This method is not going to work, i try it before posting dis topic, the virus is very stubborn..
This guy u won't kill me with laughter o......
Alright some virus can replicate themselves....
Good to know you found a solution....
Thanks for sharing...
That's the power of the internet...
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by 3RNEST(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:
This guy u won't kill me with laughter o......
Alright some virus can replicate themselves....
Good to know you found a solution....
Thanks for sharing...
That's the power of the internet...
now tell me wats funny in this post?
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2013
3RNEST:

There is nothing like a stubborn Virus, once you find the solution, thats it......
Thats why I said it was funny, Virus dont have attitudes, they only have characteristics.

Anyways thanks all the same for sharing your solution, it will definitely help someone out.
All the same I still recommend preventive maintenance i.e get an effective anti-virus program installed, and don't plug your flash on any system that doesn't have an anti-virus
Re: "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help by hammedkola(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
3RNEST:

Okay, then you should use an anti-virus instead, that is the best solution {Kaspersky, Avg, Eset} are better ones

(1) (Reply)

Functions Of F Keys "F1 - F12" In A Computer Keyboard And They Works When Press / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.