Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote (10065 Views)

Poll: which do you prefer

AMD: 20% (25 votes)
INTEL: 79% (99 votes)
This poll has ended

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / Intel Vs Amd Which One Is The Best?? / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by marleygab(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
The main players in the chip making business AMD and intel lets see which nigerians prefer.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
definitely intel
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by marleygab(m): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
yes AMD for me too.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by gbolahan1(m): 4:53am On Jun 22, 2012
marleygab: yes AMD for me too.
You asked d question 'WHY' Pls let's try 2educate each other here, tell us why!
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by initialize(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2012
Maybe in terms of graphics AMD seems d right choice, but when considering processors, AMD na shit, it can only be compared with Intel Celeron and not Pentium or all new Sandy bridge processors. No one will buy an AMD equivalent over an intel dual core processor except the two of you.

3 Likes

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel. The Intel series cost more but offer alot more power, especially their iseries chips.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
INTEL all the way!

Why would anyone prefer AMD in this part of the world? It's a heat producer. Except for folks in colder regions. AMD is preferred by such people especially in the winter season.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by mrperfect(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
AMD because of our hot weather.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by aomom(m): 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
the life span of one intel machine equals two amds, amd produces heat!, they vga card are very inferior i.e they spoil quickly, am telling you this as an engineer.most amd machines dont last. its INTEL all the way! one question why do u think amds are far cheaper than intel.

2 Likes

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by tonymariao(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
AMD dual core all d way for graphics design though with a bit slower processor but compairing with dere newer models l tink dere is a great improvement in processor speed
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
initialize: Maybe in terms of graphics AMD seems d right choice, but when considering processors, AMD na shit, it can only be compared with Intel Celeron and not Pentium or all new Sandy bridge processors. No one will buy an AMD equivalent over an intel dual core processor.

You forgot to mention the Sandybridge 2 processors. The new i3960x processor would wipe the floor with any AMD processor.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
I use a Quad Core AMD and its pretty fast. But given the choice I'd go with Intel any day
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by amosy007: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
initialize: Maybe in terms of graphics AMD seems d right choice, but when considering processors, AMD na shit, it can only be compared with Intel Celeron and not Pentium or all new Sandy bridge processors. No one will buy an AMD equivalent over an intel dual core processor except the two of you.

U took that from my keyboard ...u said it all man
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by sammyj: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
I prefer Intel to AMD because of its ruggedness and higher processing speed. Its more quality compared to AMD, this is why its more expensive than the AMD processor. AMD might be better on graphics, the question we shoulb be asking ourselves here is "are we all graphic artists or do we are use our computers for graphics?".
thanks
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by RichDad1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by femi4: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel! Intel!! Intel!!! Cos I multitask, so processor speed needs to be high. To hell with graphics
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by ektbear: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
AMD in my experience is cheaper, and better value for money.

Otoh, their chips run a little hotter I think undecided
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by lordspiritual(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
GRAPHICS - AMD
GAMING - AMD
If these are what you want from your system then go for the AMD....
And if AMD is not capable enough then go for those with NIVIDIA GPU and turn your computer into a video game>>>

2 Likes

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by BashMe1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
AMD All d way....
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by JUO(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
cos of multitasking i choose intel
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
lord.spiritual:
GRAPHICS - AMD
GAMING - AMD
If these are what you want from your system then go for the AMD....
And if AMD is not capable enough then go for those with NIVIDIA GPU and turn your computer into a video game>>>

I think they are referring to CPU rather than GPU. If you had to choose a cpu would it still be AMD?
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Temi231(f): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
I will always go for INTEL anytime any day. AMD is always hot.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Degis(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by sylve11: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
Oh God! Why would one compare intel and amd? If u r into system very well, I don't think u'd want to do that. The former is by far rugged than than the latter. Speaking from experience and I own the two both. coolOh God! Why would one compare intel and amd? If u r into system very well, I don't think u'd want to do that. The former is by far rugged than than the latter. Speaking from experience and I own the two both.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by slimming: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel is great and long lasting.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by DonTim1: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Its not a mata of best e.g. In networking a typical question is which one is best (d one with switches / hub? Ansa: d one dat does d job as expected).
Thr is no need comparing both,even business centres clamour for new gen processors, r they necessary is d question? Wat does a biz centre dat just types n print using word 97 nid inte dual core for?
To conclude: if u r into dev / run high end SW get a processor dat match, for low level usage ? Get a 486 box n if u r on d extreme ? Get an itanium based box. My 2kobo.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Panshow(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
If u hav enough money, buy Intel, its good. If u need value 4 money, go 4 AMD. Tel me d kind work which intel fit do wey AMD no fit do?.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
Panshow: If u hav enough money, buy Intel, its good. If u need value 4 money, go 4 AMD. Tel me d kind work which intel fit do wey AMD no fit do?.

High peformance gaming. AMD lags behind Intel in this area.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by zumarock8(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
i used intel that was 2009-2010, but frm then till now i have been usin AMD athlonx2 and turion, it has been workin great for me, true is dat it produce heat bt it dosen't affect anyfin. I like AMD all d way
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by zumarock8(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Atheist:-D:

High peformance gaming. AMD lags behind Intel in this area.

if only u knw wat ur saying, u would hve keep quite, who said intel is better than AMD in gaming, i ve used the two. Dats a fat lie,

2 Likes

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by ijigbamigb(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Amd ko PDP ni. Intel all the way. AMD generates too much heat and though high graphics but bad for performance sake.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Functions Of F Keys "F1 - F12" In A Computer Keyboard And They Works When Press / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.