Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee (877 Views)

That Job Can Cause You Heart Disease / I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee by dolphinife: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
Just wanna share my personal experience on what I encountered when I went for an interview.

My name is ade, a licensed cabin crew with no flight experience. I apply to arik air last year for a cabin crew slot and I was shortlisted for an interview.

The first stage of the interview took two day, out of over 50 in my batch, 25 candidates were considered for another round of interview to which I was among. The next stage of the interview comprises of interraction with the management and so group work. 4 of us passed through this stage and the rest of the 21 candidates were told to either chose marketing dept with 114,000naira as salary.

The four of us that were shortlisted for the final stage were told to come with our original documents and moreso, we could discuss about our salary. Out of the 4 candidates, two of us have been licensed already. After this final stage, the whitemen that interracted with us told me point blank that I was the best cnadidate and they would call me the following week to resume flight operations.

Before long, they called the other 3 and left me out. Out of curiosity, I make some contacts, and I was told that I never came for the final interview. I couldn't believe my ears, I decided to inform the chief pilot to explain the situation. The chief pilot called those people that did the interview for me and on sighting me, they now change gear and said they couldn't find my documents and files used for the interview. I was tod to re-apply again. This got me unaware cos I have put all my mind on the job considering its glamourous reputations.

Later, those people that did the interview told me that the onwer of the airline and the person I used as my referee were enemies and they are always antagonistic of each other. That the owner felt I wanted to to be planted in the airline so dat I can be giving out information to his enemies. I called my referee who happen to be a retired chief pilot himself, and he confirm that the airline will never take me under any circumstances cos of his person.

Since then, I have been at home still begging God to provide a better one and God has done it(wouldn't mention the airline for now). But the experience thought me to look before I leap and I know people are going to learn from this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee by uboma(m): 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
Sorry you learnt the hard way but thanks for sharing. Many will benefit from your experience. All the best to you.

1 Like

Re: Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee by feechukwu(f): 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pls what was the interview process like for Arik?
Re: Before Applying For That Job, Please, Re-check Your Referee by kazyhm(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
can you please enlighten me on how you got certified, I have a sister I desire this career for.

(1) (Reply)

Primavera P6 Professionalr8.2 Training Promo! Rush Now!! / 20 Quotes To Help You Never Feel Like A Failure Again / Mining Engineers' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.