Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. (15143 Views)

Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Is My Wife A User?? - Advice Please / Wife Vs Mother (at War) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Ialwaysask: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nairalanders how would you advise this man?

My younger sister has been living with me since I became independent and moved to Lagos to start a new life. That was eight years ago. I got married three years ago and my wife moved in with us and since then I have known no peace. They are constantly quarreling, making accusations, and have even exchanged blows a few times.
My wife packed out of the house in April with our two small children and said she would not return until my sister leaves the house. I can't send my sister packing because I am the only relative she has in Lagos and she just finished her university education and looking for a job. Asking her to leave means asking her to go back to Owerri where our parents stay and that's not what she wants at this time. I can't afford to get her her own place but I want my wife to return home. What do I do?
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by ajbest(f): 11:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
she can't leave d house but ur very own blood n ur better half can bah?

anyway since she means alot, just make her ur wife koh. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by uboma(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Your situation is delicate indeed and should be treated with wisdom and caution. Your wife and children are ur primary responsibility as a married man and father. By all means, get your wife back even if it means you go and borrow to rent an apartment for ur sister. If borrowing is not an option for you, then send ur sister back to your parents. Luckily for her, she is thru with schooling and is awaiting a job. While the search for a job continues, she can learn a vocational skill like sewing, catering services and the like that will put food on her table and money to buy necessary stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by eduson002(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
Which kind wife u marry wey dey put u for dis kind tight corner.Na wa for some women sha

1 Like

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by coogar: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ialwaysask: Nairalanders how would you advise this man?

My younger sister has been living with me since I became independent and moved to Lagos to start a new life. That was eight years ago. I got married three years ago and my wife moved in with us and since then I have known no peace. They are constantly quarreling, making accusations, and have even exchanged blows a few times.
My wife packed out of the house in April with our two small children and said she would not return until my sister leaves the house. I can't send my sister packing because I am the only relative she has in Lagos and she just finished her university education and looking for a job. Asking her to leave means asking her to go back to Owerri where our parents stay and that's not what she wants at this time. I can't afford to get her her own place but I want my wife to return home. What do I do?

send your sister packing, mate!!!
what kind of human being is she? she must be proud to have been responsible for breaking your home and you sat there like a wimp doing nothing about the situation. men like you should be tied to the back of a lorry and dragged on a trunk C road.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
@OP
no wonder your sister doesnt respect your wife, when you accept that she insults and beat the mother of your children. i guess RESPECT is out of fashion where come from. you should have NEVER gotten married with so much issues in your life. then you wonder why divorce are on the rise when men have absolutely no clue as how to treat and respect their partner.

the day you decide to be a proper HUSBAND, is the day you will have a chance of sorting this BS. your freeloading sister should find herself a LIFE after 8yrs, or at least let you live yours.

the sad fact is that YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION......your family or your sister.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
coogar:

what kind of human being is she? she must be proud to have been responsible for breaking your home and you sat there like a wimp doing nothing about the situation. men like you should be tied to the back of a lorry and dragged on a trunk C road.

Halleluyah o!! Or did someone hijack your laptop? grin

*I endorse this message!*

MRbrownJAY: @OP
no wonder your sister doesnt respect your wife, when you accept that she insults and beat the mother of your children. i guess RESPECT is out of fashion where come from. you should have NEVER gotten married with so much issues in your life. then you wonder why divorce are on the rise when men have absolutely no clue as how to treat and respect their partner.

the day you decide to be a proper HUSBAND, is the day you will have a chance of sorting this BS. your freeloading sister should find herself a LIFE after 8yrs, or at least let you live yours.

Word!
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by slimyem: 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
Two grown women permanently under one roof never results in bliss most of the time.
I'm almost certain however that both your wife and sisters have issues.One won't bend for the other.
For your wife to have left the house for you and sister means you've not been doing anything to put them both under control.
At this point,your wife is priority 1.Bring her back home,make your sister promise to change and make your wife tolerate her a little longer while you and sister look out for a job and/or somewhere permanent.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by coogar: 12:16am On Jun 03, 2013
ileobatojo:
Halleluyah o!! Or did someone hijack your laptop? grin
*I endorse this message!*

you did hijack my laptop....
women, this is how you people cause ruckus everywhere without fear. hardly would you see 2 men fighting in their sister's house.
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:31am On Jun 03, 2013
I think ur wife is been harsh, if u can tolerate ur sister for 5yrs before u got married, am almost certain that ur sister is not d problem, so wife needs to look at ur sister as her mother-in-law too, and give her the maximum respect she deserves, so woman are good at destroying strong family relationship, don't throw ur sister out because of ur wife, cus ur kids will always need her help as aunty figure when growing up. Ur wife is not been reasonable wit ur actions by moving out, its a clear show of shame on her part. U need to talk sense into ur wife and allow ur sister stay and get a job so she can move out. Pls, don't allow ur wife destroy the relationship u have with ur siblings, cus that might send ur parents to early grave, which am sure u will not like. Any woman who cannot tolerate the husband family is not worth it, Am speaking from experience, Take things easy and pray hard that ur sister gets a job soon and do all u can to support her in getting a job.

Try to have people help u talk to ur wife to return home,also call ur sister and talk with her politely. God will help u handle this issue with wisdom. All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:34am On Jun 03, 2013
Apology for some typo..i typed some as so.. Am using a mobile phone so is quit difficult to observe them before posting it.
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Princesszoe: 3:53am On Jun 03, 2013

the sad fact is that YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION......your family or your sister.
- God bless you. The best comment so far. Giving advise is one thing, sticking to the advise is another thing. @op if you don't want a seperate or divorce home, you better accept this advise. For your wife to have moved away to another home shows that she can no longer tolerate the issue. Your marriage should be your first responsibility. The ball is in your court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 5:02am On Jun 03, 2013

coogar:

uboma: Your situation is delicate indeed and should be treated with wisdom and caution. Your wife and children are ur primary responsibility as a married man and father. By all means, get your wife back even if it means you go and borrow to rent an apartment for ur sister. If borrowing is not an option for you, then send ur sister back to your parents. Luckily for her, she is thru with schooling and is awaiting a job. While the search for a job continues, she can learn a vocational skill like sewing, catering services and the like that will put food on her table and money to buy necessary stuff.

may God bless you these posters, and for you the op, you are so lucky to have the best advice you could have gotten. I am sure and very certain that, even, if you have consulted a certified marriage counsellor, this is what you will be told to do.
YUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY SHOULD BE YOUR PRIMARY AND FOREMOST PRIORITY, others are secondary.
And come to think of it, you have even really tried for your sister and if shes a shameful person, she should be ashamed of herself for being respnsible for putting asunder in your marriage, after all you have done for her. If she realy loved you as a brother and want your goodness at heart, she wont stay back and allow your marriage to hit the rock because of her selfish and proud attitude.
@op, the fact is that, your sister see your wife as her rival and you know what transpires between rivals, so, keeping the two of them afar each other is what can guarantee your peace and happiness in your marriage to an extent, except she (your sister)want to MARRY you herself.

May God see you through this and give you the wisdom to act appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by baby124: 5:24am On Jun 03, 2013
Everyone should simply respect themselves. The wife moved into the house where the sister was living. So really, she can't demand too much. If she wanted to make a point, she should have demanded the girl leave before moving in. Not after having two kids and using them to blackmail the husband. That is wrong. All parties have a role to play in the man's life. None can be thrown away because another can't tolerate. If thewife dumps husband tomorrow, where will he run to? Most Nigerian parents of average means put all their finances on one child, in the hopes that when he makes it, he can uplift the others. So Mr. Man, let everyone respect themselves. If your sister goes home to report all these going on in anger, the house may become too hot for wifey to stay. Depends on the family. And a woman that can easily leave her husband's house like that, men, I don't know. You cannot turn around and shout foul over a situation you accepted before marriage. Be a man, and put everyone in their place. Let your sister get a job and then move out. Infact help her to get one so she can get her own place faster. You don't know tomorrow o. She may be the one who will feed you. Such is life.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 5:28am On Jun 03, 2013
@op, your wife left home with your two little kids since April, and your sister(a graduate) stayed put, does she want to replace your wife Are you sure she is not interested in marrying you
Do you think, in your wierdiest imagination that you are doing the right thing by allowing your sister to stay with you after your wife left home with your kids Was there marriage counselling befre you get married? If yes, were you not told that you shouldnt allow third party in the early years of your marriage

Infact, you as a man, really fall my hand, i think you should be able to understand the message your sister is passing across to you.....SHE WANT TO MARRY YOU,if not, she wont be happy that your wife left home with YOUR kids and she stayed there with you, a full grown up graduate woman.

I wonder the type of education she passed through.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 03, 2013
Poster if u really think ur sis can't move to owerri,why not rent a one room apartment for her? It will also give her freedom which she might need.as she is job hunting,u can start something small for her to be managing.its a sacrifice u hv to make.
Let us not be too hasty to condemn d sis though she went too far by fighting with d wife but some ladies can be very mean and insulting simply because they r married and in their husbands house while u r not.although poster didn't tell us, d sis might be older than d wife here 2.
Poster,u gave no info about them so how do u expect to get an unbiased comments from pple?
Without ur wife's knowledge,chastitise ur sis very well and move her out of d house, u know ur wife,handle her loopholes like a man.its ur duty to bring them together.she can visit d house and viseversa.
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by baby124: 5:34am On Jun 03, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, your wife left home with your two little kids since April, and your sister(a graduate) stayed put, does she want to replace your wife Are you sure she is not interested in marrying you
Do you think, in your wierdiest imagination that you are doing the right thing by allowing your sister to stay with you after your wife left home with your kids Was there marriage counselling befre you get married? If yes, were you not told that you shouldnt allow third party in the early years of your marriage

Infact, you as a man, really fall my hand, i think you should be able to understand the message your sister is passing across to you.....SHE WANT TO MARRY YOU,if not, she wont be happy that your wife left home with YOUR kids and she stayed there with you, a full grown up graduate woman.

I wonder the type of education she passed through.

So the sister should go where exactly ? Stay on the road? If she goes home, do we know if her parents can afford to take care of her? Didn't wifey enter the house and met the sister there? Why didn't she protest loudly before marriage? Honestly, I detest fake people. The wife is a fake person, she wanted to get married at all cost. Tolerance from both parties is the key. Will you throw your own sister out when she has no where to go? I won't, so I can't act righteous on this one. It is a temporary situation, everyone will be fine eventually. Sister should respect brother's marriage, and wifey should respect husband's family and treat them like her's. Shikena. Men, make sure your wife loves your family and doesn't have problem's seeing or accomodating them. Same for women.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 5:35am On Jun 03, 2013
baby_123: Everyone should simply respect themselves. The wife moved into the house where the sister was living. So really, she can't demand too much. If she wanted to make a point, she should have demanded the girl leave before moving in. Not after having two kids and using them to blackmail the husband. That is wrong. All parties have a role to play in the man's life. None can be thrown away because another can't tolerate. If thewife dumps husband tomorrow, where will he run to? Most Nigerian parents of average means put all their finances on one child, in the hopes that when he makes it, he can uplift the others. So Mr. Man, let everyone respect themselves. If your sister goes home to report all these going on in anger, the house may become too hot for wifey to stay. Depends on the family. And a woman that can easily leave her husband's house like that, men, I don't know. You cannot turn around and shout foul over a situation you accepted before marriage. Be a man, and put everyone in their place. Let your sister get a job and then move out. Infact help her to get one so she can get her own place faster. You don't know tomorrow o. She may be the one who will feed you. Such is life.

thanks baby, i get your point quite right, but i think, if the sister does not have a hidden agenda, like she want to marry her brother or she has another woman for her brother(either of the two) she wont feel comfortable staying with her brother after the wife left with the kids, she should be the one running around on how the conflict will be resolved, rather than staying there comfortably, she just want to implicate herself by continuing to stay there when the wife had already moved out because of her. Haba!shes an adult now, a graduate.
May God help them o

1 Like

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by baby124: 5:42am On Jun 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

thanks baby, i get your point quite right, but i think, if the sister does not have a hidden agenda, like she want to marry her brother or she has another woman for her brother(either of the two) she wont feel comfortable staying with her brother after the wife left with the kids, she should be the one running around on how the conflict will be resolved, rather than staying there comfortably, she just want to implicate herself by continuing to stay there when the wife had already moved out because of her. Haba!shes an adult now, a graduate.
May God help them o

In Nigeria? Job? You do know how many graduates are trekking here and there looking for job. Wifey saw what she was getting into and jumped right in. It is not the sister's job to run after a woman that abandoned her home, and is childish enough to use little kids as bargaining chips. It is up to the man to make both realise that they will have to accomodate each other temporarily. It is his home, he has to fix it, and diplomacy is key here. Both need to respect themselves and get along. And that is possible. Men will never get to blows like this because they are not petty, jealous and quarrelsome like women.
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2013
baby_123:

So the sister should go where exactly ? Stay on the road? If she goes home, do we know if her parents can afford to take care of her? Didn't wifey enter the house and met the sister there? Why didn't she protest loudly before marriage? Honestly, I detest fake people. The wife is a fake person, she wanted to get married at all cost. Tolerance from both parties is the key. Will you throw your own sister out when she has no where to go? I won't, so I can't act righteous on this one. It is a temporary situation, everyone will be fine eventually. Sister should respect brother's marriage, and wifey should respect husband's family and treat them like her's. Shikena. Men, make sure your wife loves your family and doesn't have problem's seeing or accomodating them. Same for women.

baby, agreed, the wife did a mistake by moving in when the sister is there, but the sister made a bigger mistake by exchanging blows with her brother's wife, if she really respect and appreciate her brother, she wouldnt have done that, and he biggest mistake by letting the conflict get to the stage where the wife have to pack out with the kids.....ha!baby, isolenu niyen, the wife packed out because of her husband' sister trouble and the sister stayed put comfortably,Haba!this is africa.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by baby124: 5:51am On Jun 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

baby, agreed, the wife did a mistake by moving in when the sister is there, but the sister made a bigger mistake by exchanging blows with her brother's wife, if she really respect and appreciate her brother, she wouldnt have done that, and he biggest mistake by letting the conflict get to the stage where the wife have to pack out with the kids.....ha!baby, isolenu niyen, the wife packed out because of her husband' sister trouble and the sister stayed put comfortably,Haba!this is africa.

My own interpretation of African culture is that a woman that can move out of her husband's house is not ready for marriage and is childish. Also taking the kids will imply in some places that the kids are bas*tards. Is it not this same African culture that berates women who have been abused for divorcing? Ahn ahn, it is her house. Clearly, the sister is not going anywhere. So how long will she stay out of her husband's house to prove this point The guy needs to talk to both parties very well. Sister needs to respect herself and know her boundaries. Wifey has to tolerate for now. We can't say what caused their fight. Will you look on if someone beat you, because they are your brother's wife? Or will you look on if someone slapped you because they are you husband's sister. Its wrong. Both of them disrespected the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 5:55am On Jun 03, 2013
baby_123:

In Nigeria? Job? You do know how many graduates are trekking here and there looking for job. Wifey saw what she was getting into and jumped right in. It is not the sister's job to run after a woman that abandoned her home, and is childish enough to use little kids as bargaining chips. It is up to the man to make both realise that they will have to accomodate each other temporarily. It is his home, he has to fix it, and diplomacy is key here. Both need to respect themselves and get along. And that is possible. Men will never get to blows like this because they are not petty, jealous and quarrelsome like women.

baby, lets leave job hunting out of this please, if the man dies today, wont the sister find her way?the fact is that, the sister does not like the wife from Adam and maybe, only maybe, she has another lady in stock for her brother. I think selfishness, pride and intolerance is characterised in the sister's behaviour.
Anyway, as you have pointed out, let the man fix his house, but im sure this will not be possible if the sister does not leave the house, the man should try and get a new place for the sister and bring back the wife. Having the two of them under the same roof is like living with fire, those two(sister and wife) may never be friendly again, so, get that right"a o kii fina sori orile sun" abeg, that man sef, he suppose to have done something spectacular about it before it generates to this level.
Lets forget about the sister not having a place to go, if the man dies today, she will get herself fixed up.
May God help them.

1 Like

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 6:02am On Jun 03, 2013
baby_123:

My own interpretation of African culture is that a woman that can move out of her husband's house is not ready for marriage and is childish. Also taking the kids will imply in some places that the kids are bas*tards. Is it not this same African culture that berates women who have been abused for divorcing? Ahn ahn, it is her house. Clearly, the sister is not going anywhere. So how long will she stay out of her husband's house to prove this point The guy needs to talk to both parties very well. Sister needs to respect herself and know her boundaries. Wifey has to tolerate for now. We can't say what caused their fight. Will you look on if someone beat you, because they are your brother's wife? Or will you look on if someone slapped you because they are you husband's sister. Its wrong. Both of them disrespected the guy.

abeg, we are willed-stronger than each other, some people dont have strentgh for trouble, they will rather leave until the man do the right thing, no two individuals are the same, at initial stage, when the man discover that the two are never in agreement, he should have done something to prevent this type of BS.
I wouldnt totally blame the woman, who knws, whether the sister is a giant and the wife is like an ant and the man inbetween is weak. Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by baby124: 6:06am On Jun 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

baby, lets leave job hunting out of this please, if the man dies today, wont the sister find her way?the fact is that, the sister does not like the wife from Adam and maybe, only maybe, she has another lady in stock for her brother. I think selfishness, pride and intolerance is characterised in the sister's behaviour.
Anyway, as you have pointed out, let the man fix his house, but im sure this will not be possible if the sister does not leave the house, the man should try and get a new place for the sister and bring back the wife. Having the two of them under the same roof is like living with fire, those two(sister and wife) may never be friendly again, so, get that right"a o kii fina sori orile sun" abeg, that man sef, he suppose to have done something spectacular about it before it generates to this level.
Lets forget about the sister not having a place to go, if the man dies today, she will get herself fixed up.
May God help them.

Sister is obviously the guy's responsibility. Graduate or not, she doesn't have the means right now and he cannot afford to rent a place for her. He also clearly states his parents will not survive it if both siblings are torn apart. Wifey should come back to her house and stand, how can anyone chase you from your husband's house? I would even be helping SIL find a job , trade or husband. At all points in my life, my father's people, even my siblings friends will come and go. But I never saw my mum start fighting and running helter skelter. We were even made to learn to share, and you can't even tell the difference whose family these people are. My dad or mum. I don't want to live with third parties, but if a sibling was my husbands responsibility and I saw that before marriage and jumped in, then I am accepting to carry his responsibility with him. You don't quench fire with fire. If he dies tomorrow, who will stand for wifey? They will most likely ill treat her now. They have to love each other by force. They are family now, family fight.

1 Like

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by horny4u(f): 6:27am On Jun 03, 2013
If they have degenerated to throwing blows then by all means they need to be separated.

You need to decide who will leave n since wife has left good on you.....you said your 2 young kids left with her then be honest with your self , if not for this kids will you even be on here asking questions.

A man who cannot protect his wife does not love her....to have let this matter degenerated to this extent questions your man hood.

Your sis will be married one day and your young kids maybe calling some one else daddy by then.

Your sis can stay at Owerri nd apply froom online when she has n interview she comes to Lagos....she should have known better than throwing blows with your choosen life partner.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by LewsTherin: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2013
Classic example of putting extended family over immediate. No offence but can I ask who your next of kin is?

Sister has no respect for wife because husband backs extended family

Wife is tired of being relegated and in her pride storms out of house

Sister stays put because it is "her brother's house"

I can bet that if, God forbid, something happens to you, your wife is going to get the worst treatment of her life from your extended family.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by biolabee(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Move your sister into her own apartment and get your wife back
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by albacete(m): 8:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Good topic, good advice.
At least better than "Tonto Dike and her pets", "Ini Edo with Jonathan and her husband" that made FP
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by natasha: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2013
Unfortunately the man has shown himself to be a weakling, both to the wife/wife's family & to his sister/his family. That he let this issue degenerate shows he cannot protect his wife. He has decided he is powerless to do anything and in effect he's let his sister run his home.
Your sister is your YOUNGER sister and as such should respect your decisions and take orders from you. I will give you an example of my marriage, My BIL (Hubby's elder bro) used to live with my hubby for about 3 yrs before hubby met me or even married me. Shortly after our marriage, hubby travelled, and his brother ( We were leaving in peace before hand o, no problems what so ever) began having issues with me and he was very influenced by another cousin of my husband. His brother used to bring prostitutes to my home and wont pay them and they will cause issues the next money because of non-settlement, all of which i would pay them 2 settle d matter. But all in all, i kept my hubby upto date with his brother's behaviors whilst not picking a fight/quarrel with this guy (he is my hubby's jobless elder brother) one evening, the troublesome cousin came and it looked like they had planned whatever, and something very trival, my BIL slapped me, i immediately called my hubby and he asked for soldiers to lock his elder brother in the guardroom (hubby is in the military). He was locked up for 3 nights. Obviously my inlaws were livid and huffed and puffed and ranted but since then, they have all accorded me my respect as a wife. He moved out a week after he was released .I never apologized to my BIL nor did he apologize to me but we still talk albeit within boundaries. Now all of this happened within 1 month of our wedding, there were no children involved, i wasnt even pregnant yet hubby took a stand which earned him respect amongst my family and even in my sight + more bonus points in bed when he returned.
My point is, your sister has a place to go, her PARENTS house is her HOME. She is a woman, why should she be in her brother's house when her parents house is there? You are not throwing her out on the streets, the money you would use to rent an apartment for her you can send that to your parents as a monthly upkeep (if you are that concerned).
If this was happening to your sister, would you be pleased? would you be happy that your sister is been maltreated by her inlaws with a husband who couldn't care? you only want your wife back in the house to keep your bed warm not minding the fact that you have created a deadly, unhealthy environment for her to live in. You dont even consider your kids!!!! what man chooses his sister (who tomorrow would marry somebody and her husband could say i dont want your family in my house and she would happily obey after destroying your marriage) over his kids? you dont even consider what this is doing to your children? Abegi a word is enough for the wise!!!

14 Likes

Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

abeg, we are willed-stronger than each other, some people dont have strentgh for trouble, they will rather leave until the man do the right thing, no two individuals are the same, at initial stage, when the man discover that the two are never in agreement, he should have done something to prevent this type of BS.
I wouldnt totally blame the woman, who knws, whether the sister is a giant and the wife is like an ant and the man inbetween is weak. Abeg.

, you are on point! The wife even tried sef for tolerating such an atmosphere for 3 yrs. If it were me, I would have been long gone until the husband does the right thing! Who came to this world to suffer unnecessarily? And what should happen to the young toddlers before? The mother should leave them with a sister in law that hates her guts? And with a father who probably has no clue what to do with little children? Of course the young children must go with their mother!
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by greatgod2012(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2013
natasha: Unfortunately the man has shown himself to be a weakling, both to the wife/wife's family & to his sister/his family. That he let this issue degenerate shows he cannot protect his wife. He has decided he is powerless to do anything and in effect he's let his sister run his home.
Your sister is your YOUNGER sister and as such should respect your decisions and take orders from you. I will give you an example of my marriage, My BIL (Hubby's elder bro) used to live with my hubby for about 3 yrs before hubby met me or even married me. Shortly after our marriage, hubby travelled, and his brother ( We were leaving in peace before hand o, no problems what so ever) began having issues with me and he was very influenced by another cousin of my husband. His brother used to bring prostitutes to my home and wont pay them and they will cause issues the next money because of non-settlement, all of which i would pay them 2 settle d matter. But all in all, i kept my hubby upto date with his brother's behaviors whilst not picking a fight/quarrel with this guy (he is my hubby's jobless elder brother) one evening, the troublesome cousin came and it looked like they had planned whatever, and something very trival, my BIL slapped me, i immediately called my hubby and he asked for soldiers to lock his elder brother in the guardroom (hubby is in the military). He was locked up for 3 nights. Obviously my inlaws were livid and huffed and puffed and ranted but since then, they have all accorded me my respect as a wife. He moved out a week after he was released .I never apologized to my BIL nor did he apologize to me but we still talk albeit within boundaries. Now all of this happened within 1 month of our wedding, there were no children involved, i wasnt even pregnant yet hubby took a stand which earned him respect amongst my family and even in my sight + more bonus points in bed when he returned.
My point is, your sister has a place to go, her PARENTS house is her HOME. She is a woman, why should she be in her brother's house when her parents house is there? You are not throwing her out on the streets, the money you would use to rent an apartment for her you can send that to your parents as a monthly upkeep (if you are that concerned).
If this was happening to your sister, would you be pleased? would you be happy that your sister is been maltreated by her inlaws with a husband who couldn't care? you only want your wife back in the house to keep your bed warm not minding the fact that you have created a deadly, unhealthy environment for her to live in. You dont even consider your kids!!!! what man chooses his sister (who tomorrow would marry somebody and her husband could say i dont want your family in my house and she would happily obey after destroying your marriage) over his kids? you dont even consider what this is doing to your children? Abegi a word is enough for the wise!!!

God bless you greatly, this is all im saying.
The man is weak, the sister is shameless and dominative and the wife is not asking for too much if she decided to teach the man how to take decision on whoever he want around her, whether his immediate family(wife and children)or his sister.
A word is indeed enough, but that is if he is wise enough.
May God help them o
Re: Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please. by samyan12: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Na wah for all these women oo. Ur sister is family too. I am female, and I would want my husband to tolerate my younger sis or bro if she chose to live with us. How come when we get married and start a new family, our parents, siblings all become not so dear to us. @op dis is a delicate situation, and u shld handle it in a way, that will bring back d love in your family. If u throw ur sister out, u'll create enemies for your wife amongst your siblings, considering, and it won't be in her best interest in the long run.
Let's stop being selfish and thinking only of ourselves. Marrying a man, doesn't translate to you destroying the rships he had before u came along. Try and gget both ur wife and sis to settle whateva is btw them, ur sis can't live with u forever. She'll soon marry and leave. Don't make an enemy for life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Get In Here For Your Quality And Affordable Shoes / Pls Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Proud Your Child Can't Speak Your Native Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.