Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? (12358 Views)

1m Naira Needed Urgently For Tali Wood Export Transaction With Attractive ROI / Trading Forex, This Signal Trades Your Way To Success (Forex Success Reloaded) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by stevSKY(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2013
​i am regretting rit now...... ​i tried it with •̸ϞƔ bank GTB.... ​i downloaded †ђξ gTmobile money software on •̸ϞƔ fone register it went to †ђξ bank and linked •̸ϞƔ original bank account with it. After all dis ​​i wanted to try it to knw hw it works only for †ђξ atm to tell me transaction error bt •̸ϞƔ money was deducted from •̸ϞƔ mobile wallet . ​i went to lay •̸ϞƔ complain bt uptil now getin to 1month now •̸ϞƔ money had nt been reverted. ​i dnt advice any1 to use it.

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by eddycross(m): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2013
Suretrends: The truth is we have all heard about it but the way it really works, few know that!If someone here can educate us more and talk about platforms like Paga cashenvoy and co! I know they work, cos we have received payment a few times from access Mobile!

Mobile Money is still new and should not really be compared with M-pesa yet...its just about a year in Nigeria but over 5 years in kenya.

Regarding adoption, I have however written something about that here... http://digitalbanker.net/2013/05/how-to-increase-adoption-of-mobile-money/

Knowing how each of them works may also be a good idea though.

ok... cheers
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Kennycee(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2013
emmadejust: yeah it has help me to save time from long hour que in the bank hall.now i just transfer money to any bank number thru the atm.even on weekend.fast and easy. :Dyeah it has help me to save time from long hour que in the bank hall.now i just transfer money to any bank number thru the atm.even on weekend.fast and easy.

How do you transfer money to another bank account usimg ATM.and as well transfering to an acct in the same bank with the Atm card am using to transfer
Thanks for your reply in advance
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Lampsy(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2013
emmadejust: yeah it has help me to save time from long hour que in the bank hall.now i just transfer money to any bank number thru the atm.even on weekend.fast and easy. :Dyeah it has help me to save time from long hour que in the bank hall.now i just transfer money to any bank number thru the atm.even on weekend.fast and easy.
ATM dey mobile, SMDH*
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Lampsy(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2013
Kennycee:

How do you transfer money to another bank account usimg ATM.and as well transfering to an acct in the same bank with the Atm card am using to transfer
Thanks for your reply in advance
@Kennycee,u'll av go to ur bank directives n get registered wit their internet banking,this automatically activates using ur atm to transfer to any other bank including same bank.Cheers.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by toluxa1(m): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2013
stev SKY: ​i am regretting rit now...... ​i tried it with •̸ϞƔ bank GTB.... ​i downloaded †ђξ gTmobile money software on •̸ϞƔ fone register it went to †ђξ bank and linked •̸ϞƔ original bank account with it. After all dis ​​i wanted to try it to knw hw it works only for †ђξ atm to tell me transaction error bt •̸ϞƔ money was deducted from •̸ϞƔ mobile wallet . ​i went to lay •̸ϞƔ complain bt uptil now getin to 1month now •̸ϞƔ money had nt been reverted. ​i dnt advice any1 to use it.

This is my main issue with them. Mine too is close to a month now nothing. I have called gtconnect up to 10 times, all they say is sorry sorry sorry.
It's terrible. How can a bank just hold your money down for a month and be telling you sorry, sorry. What is it was borrowed money? What if someone needed money urgently and needed to use your account, or it's money tied to sometin extremely important. I like GTB, but this issue is making me hate them.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by obamamate: 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
rodeo0070: Its a very good innovation. Owing to the nature of my job, it has saved me from the usual bank hassles. Cash transfers, payment for services, phone recharge etc you name it, its a life-saver...

Which one did you use ?
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
I think Mobile Money deserves a Topic Page on Nairaland.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
There are alot of THINGS to be Learnt about Mobile M oney in 2 Two Years On.

I think am offering my Humble Self to be a Contributor or a Moderator.

With about 2Years Experience in this Industry having worked and Interacted with major Operators and Players like PAGA, MTN,FirstMonie,StanbicIBTC,Ecobank,Teasy Mobile,EFINA and other.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mobile Money is a service of Sending Money from one place to other through the Mobile Phone. The Central Bank of Nigeria allowed 3 Models with 20 operators: Independent Operators: PAGA, PockectMoni, QikQik,Monitse,PayCom,Teasy Mobile,VTN, M-Kudi.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Model 2: Financial Institution-led Operator: U-Mo from UBA, EasyMonie from Zenith Bank,FirstMonie from First Bank, StanbicIBTC Mobile Mobile, Ecobank Mobile, Fortis Mobile Money and

Model 3:
Partnership Model with Operators: Mobile Money powered by MTN, GLOTextCash and Etisalat EasyWallet.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by eksammy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
joeruano: Ecobank Mobile Money is absolute RUBBISH. I signed up about 3months ago & each time I tried, there was always an error msg waiting 4 me b4 d end of d lenghty transactn process. I complained but nofin changd.

I have been using Ecobank Mobile for a while and i agree it has network challenges sometimes, but the experience has been generally pleasurable.

Let me give you a tip: always try to conclude your transactions in 60seconds! if not, it will time out, that is why you keep getting those 'frustrating error messages'[b][/b]

I recommend Ecobank Mobile MONEY anyday cos its so easy and you can run it without having an account with them.

To register yourself, simply dial *326# and enter your firstname, surname and finally date of birth (25/11/1981)

Secondly dial *326# to change your pin....and pheew you are good to go! fund your new wallet account at any branch or agent location. your phone number is your account number.

try it out now......dial *326#

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
The Service available on Mobile Money:
1.Local Money Transfer Service
2.Banking Support Service
3.Mobile Payment Service
4.Retail Billing Payment Service.
5.Airtime Vending Service
6.Financial Inclusion Service and Rural Financial Service
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
Thanks ek sammy

The USSD Channel of Mobile Money is design with a Security measure called Redundancy which means the service will Timeout within 60second to 90seconds. People should be able to Reply the Command Answer as dast as possible.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Omoadugbo(m): 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
The Channel:Technology available on Mobile Money in Nigeria are:
1.SMS, Text Message by PAGA,PocketMoni
2.USSD, *909# *894# *326# *355*6# *723# *500# *242# try these codes on your phone and see the responses
3.WAP, used by PAGA, FirstMonie,Stanbic
4.Web, used by PAGA, FirstMonie,Ecobank,Stanbic
5.App, used by PAGA,GTB,PocketMoni
6.STK, a phone service menu on all SIM Card, used by MTN,PAGA,Etisalat,GLO, GTB
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by debosalau(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2013
GT Mobile money makes a whole lot of sense as u can perform transactions with convenience even without having an account with the bank.o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How #300 Changed My Life In A Week / View This Simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Who Here Uses Binance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.