Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity (1048 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / The Only Thing Wrong With Christians / Our Camp was loaded with Christians, but only 2 will not deny Jesus (Ex-Boko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by angelcj: 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
In an unprecedented show of love and brotherliness, the Muslim community at Barnawa, Kaduna metropolis, yesterday worshiped with Christians at Living Faith Foundation, Chapel of Grace, with a call on Nigerians to love one another for peaceful co-existence.
In his address, the Muslims, led by the District Head, Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Zubairu said that they decided to worship with Christians so as to strengthen the bond of unity among them.
While calling on the government to bring an end to the persistent violence in some parts of the country, Zubairu noted that the church had donated Rams to his palace during Sallah festivities, adding that God created both Christianity and Islam for peace, not violence....

He said: “In my district Barnawa, Muslims and Christians are all living in peace as one family. I am a Muslim, but I believe Allah created Islam and Christianity for peace, not for crisis. Attending a church service today with some of my subjects who are Christians has nothing to affect my religion, but it will rather strengthen unity among us.

“This church has been giving us the biggest rams during Sallah festivities. I and my cabinet members will continue to preach peace. My district within Kaduna metropolis is free of crisis; we are living in peace with one another.”
In his response, Dr Peter Jiya, who is the Resident Pastor of Living Faith Foundation, said the church would continue to co-habit peacefully with non- Christians.
Jiya said “Living Faith Foundation believes in peaceful co-existence. The situation in the country calls for a lot of co-existence among different religious groups.
“Today, the District Head of Barnawa worshipped with us and we appreciate it. We hope that the whole country will emulate this gesture and by so doing, many problems we are facing will be solved by the grace of God.”
more on http://revealzone..com/2013/06/muslims-in-kaduna-worship-with.html

Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Bigcake: 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Arrant nonsense, wat has light got to do with darkness?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by JesusisLord85: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
angelcj: In an unprecedented show of love and brotherliness, the Muslim community at Barnawa, Kaduna metropolis, yesterday worshiped with Christians at Living Faith Foundation, Chapel of Grace, with a call on Nigerians to love one another for peaceful co-existence.
In his address, the Muslims, led by the District Head, Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Zubairu said that they decided to worship with Christians so as to strengthen the bond of unity among them.
While calling on the government to bring an end to the persistent violence in some parts of the country, Zubairu noted that the church had donated Rams to his palace during Sallah festivities, adding that God created both Christianity and Islam for peace, not violence....

He said: “In my district Barnawa, Muslims and Christians are all living in peace as one family. I am a Muslim, but I believe Allah created Islam and Christianity for peace, not for crisis. Attending a church service today with some of my subjects who are Christians has nothing to affect my religion, but it will rather strengthen unity among us.

“This church has been giving us the biggest rams during Sallah festivities. I and my cabinet members will continue to preach peace. My district within Kaduna metropolis is free of crisis; we are living in peace with one another.”
In his response, Dr Peter Jiya, who is the Resident Pastor of Living Faith Foundation, said the church would continue to co-habit peacefully with non- Christians.
Jiya said “Living Faith Foundation believes in peaceful co-existence. The situation in the country calls for a lot of co-existence among different religious groups.
“Today, the District Head of Barnawa worshipped with us and we appreciate it. We hope that the whole country will emulate this gesture and by so doing, many problems we are facing will be solved by the grace of God.”
more on http://revealzone..com/2013/06/muslims-in-kaduna-worship-with.html

Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed"? Truely the end of days. No discernment in the churches.
Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Creatrixity(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2013
Bigcake,Having been born and bred in kaduna,i understand what this means.
It is less a matter of 'light and darkness' than a matter of security and tolerance.
How dare you call fellow human beings darkness?
Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
A church giving rams to muslims to celebrate a festival not supported by the bible...mtchew. Well since this so-called christians celebrate xmas, easter etc which are all pagan, how wont they support a new one. Dont people read the bible anymore?

inter-faith in the making.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Creatrixity(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
^^errm,Everything about christianity is pagan.
It was officially made state religion by the smart Roman emperor Constantine!!
Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 05, 2013
Creatrixity: ^^errm,Everything about christianity is pagan.
It was officially made state religion by the smart Roman emperor Constantine!!
if you say the roman catholic is pagan, no probs and we even have many pentecostals that are fake but christianity as instituted by christ is not pagan.
Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Mudley313: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2013
Segeggs: if you say the roman catholic is pagan, no probs and we even have many pentecostals that are fake but christianity as instituted by christ is not pagan.

when/where was "christianity" instituted by christ, whom during his lifetime was a practicing jew citation pls
Re: Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Mudley313:

when/where was "christianity" instituted by christ, whom during his lifetime was a practicing jew citation pls
he practice judaism to fulfuill the law but instituted his which is the new covenant when he died and resurrected. So no more judaism for christians.

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Gets New Mercedes M Class-based Popemobile / Wow I Just Noticed / Is It A Sin To Wish Muslims "Happy Sallah"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.