Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. (7738 Views)

Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by jonnyboy4u: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
faceland:
I paid for a website because it was cheap (free domain name and hosting cost only N3k). Today, they didn't activate it, neither did they reply any of the messages I sent them. I don't know how to contact consumer-protection because I think this company just duped me and need their Nigerian GT and Eco Bank account frozen.
How I wished I saw this thread prior to purchasing their hosting plan. It was after I realized I had lost, that I did a Google search. Their website looks legitimate but %@#& it.

Sorry about your experience, you can try QServers.net they are a really good hosting company based in Ikeja Lagos.

They have the best customer service I've used till date and uptime is very good.

Bet9ja and other big companies use their services as well.

Good luck.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by okoro2much: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
A2J:
Fraud is a strong word.....

Okay, they are not fraud, they are barawo! What name would you call someone that takes your money and don't provide any service. If you complain they would delete your account.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by okoro2much: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
After screwing me over, I kindly asked for a transfer of domain, instead of telling me they have teacnical problems, they just deleted my cliant account for complaining too much. It is only their live chat that works. Their phone number is useless and if you email them, it take days before they reply.

Here is a screeshoot of my complain and prove that they removed my email. Sinec we are Nigeria, they feel they can get away with poor customer service just like MTN. Web4Africa are terrible. cry

1 Like

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by okoro2much: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Their is nothing more PAINFUL than losing you money (no matter how little) and also losing a uniqe domain name (especially if it is the name of your company or project).

It is better to try other hosting companies who are equally cheap but have ethics.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by web4africa: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
okoro2much:
Their is nothing more PAINFUL than losing you money (no matter how little) and also losing a uniqe domain name (especially if it is the name of your company or project).

You were advised on why your account was closed privately. Since you prefer to be writing half-truths online see also: https://www.nairaland.com/3227400/dealing-abusive-domains
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by okoro2much: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2016
web4africa:

You were advised on why your account was closed privately. Since you prefer to be writing half-truths online see also: https://www.nairaland.com/3227400/dealing-abusive-domains

No I don't!!! Why don't you tell us here?! I need my domain name back! You guys are criminals. You said 'half-truth', reveal the other aleged 'half-lies'.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by okoro2much: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
Even before they delete my account, look at all the headache this people caused. Did I have any form animosity prior to meeting them? NOR! From day 0ne, they don’t care once the money enters their account. Even in Ebay, you buy from those with clean customer reviews. Just Google "cheap web hosting Nigeria" don't deal with these mofo. They are famous because they invest money on Advertisement.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by leunamme: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Sorry about your troubles. You can use www.hostnownow.com I know they do well with hosting and their customer service is on point.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by xdunamis(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Who is this okwalfugo?

It is not easy to manage customer support no matter how small a company may be, I do not intend to defame anyone. Please web4africa, try and improve on your customer support. Every customer can not be satisfied but big companies still do their best to always improve on their quality of service.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by SConnect: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
faceland:
I paid for a website because it was cheap (free domain name and hosting cost only N3k). Today, they didn't activate it, neither did they reply any of the messages I sent them. I don't know how to contact consumer-protection because I think this company just duped me and need their Nigerian GT and Eco Bank account frozen.
How I wished I saw this thread prior to purchasing their hosting plan. It was after I realized I had lost, that I did a Google search. Their website looks legitimate but %@#& it.

We are sorry you had such bad experience.

Just incase, you may be interested in a Reliable Web Hosting Provider with instant activation for your website.

Our unlimited web hosting package is the best, it's super fast and very stable backed with a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Top Features:
Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
Free Automatic Daily Backup
100% Uptime Guarantee
Fully supports Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc
FREE Softaculous Auto Installer
FREE Website Transfer
London, UK Data-center

Starting at ₦2700 First Year using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED
Payments Accepted via Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, PayPal, Naira MasterCard/Verve/Visa & GTBank Internet Banking

Why You Should Host Your Website With Us

UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH/TRAFFIC
At SpeedyConnect.net, worrying about the bandwidth/traffic consumption of your shared hosting account is a thing of the past as each of our shared hosting packages has Unlimited bandwidth/traffic.

WE ARE NOT RESELLERS
We own and manage all our servers, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket.

100% UPTIME GUARANTEE
We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% uptime, which means your website will be online always.

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
Our Hosting prices are very cheap and include an extensive list of features including UNLIMITED web space, UNLIMITED bandwidth, and If you know of any host offering same features at a lower price, just contact us and we will beat it.

FREE AUTOMATIC DAILY BACKUP
Your data are automatically backed up daily and stored in multiple backup servers at no extra cost. Sleep well knowing your data is in safe hands.

YOU BENEFIT FROM HIGH QUALITY SERVICES
We utilize only High spec Intel Xeon CPU's, Enterprise SATA's & SSD's, fully redundant premium network, 1Gbps Uplink and lot's more.

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by etoluw: 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
xdunamis:
Who is this okwalfugo? You must be from web4africa. Web4africa is a trap, I fell for them long time ago and I still regret until now. Even when I already left them.

https://www.nairaland.com/3120500/web4africa.ng-net-scam#58548535

pls which host are you using now
i need a reliable one next week
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Innov8ve1: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
why do people bother patronizing Nigerian webhosts? like seriously, too much complaints about them already. leave webhosting to the white guys abeg
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by mrph: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
I am also facing issues currently with these guys at web4africa.net
Because i needed a .com.ng domain, I must register it in Nigeria. And I chose them because I also had 2 other domains there previously (1 is still running).
Now I paid for a new domain 3 days ago and forwarded the name to my hosting provider in the USA (normal practice).
But 3 days later, the name is not active (though its no more available to be taken)
I contacted my host (purposefully since web4africa refused answering me) and my host says its a problem from my registrar (web4africa). They told me they troubleshot it and the error was:
Domain Status: pendingCreate
Domain Status: serverHold
It is an error on their end. Your dns is correct, and pointed where it needs to be . The registrar needs to resolve the error we are seeing here , there is no one else who can.

I have sent them a support ticket, their chat isnt working any longer, there is no phone number to call.
All these are signs they seem tired with the job.
I'll wait for a couple more days before I take my next action
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by fluxdon(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
It's a pity you guys are experiencing all these.

I guess that is what https://icore.com.ng is aiming to change. Though they are new in the block but they are good. I have quite a couple of hosted services with them and i have no issues.

You can try them, they are indeed very reliable and professional about their service delivery.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by yomalex(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
etoluw:

pls which host are you using now
i need a reliable one next week
Interested in this?
1 website,500MB space,1GB bandwidth@2500/yr
3 websites,2GB space,5GB bandwidth@5000/yr
5 websites,5GB space,10GB bandwidth@8500/yr
All plans come with with FREE SSL for your domain names
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by mrph: 4:04am On Jul 22, 2017
They fixed it for me. Their excuse for delay was that there is Nigeria in the domain name. Though I find that lame because its a domain i used previously and it later expired and became available again. Never had a single delay when i first registered it

(1) (2) (Reply)

2go On Pc (how To Install) / Interswitch Merchant Charges And Setup Fee / 4 Weak Points Every Business Should Guard From Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.