Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India (9804 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Kanimoe(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2013

Police in southern city of Chennai find scapegoats after their new patrol car is damaged.

Aljazeera.com has reported that Three goats were caught and detained by police in the southern Indian city of Chennai after they allegedly vandalised a new police patrol vehicle, the Times of India has reported.

The trio were held as "scapegoats" for the crime which reportedly involved a dozen of their tribe trampling over the car - the latest example of anti-social behaviour in the Kilpauk district of the city.

Police said the goats had a record of damaging vehicles of residents, but had "crossed the line" with an attack on a new patrol vehicle, a maroon Innova. "We got the vehicle two days ago," said an officer on duty.

According to the complaint, about 12 goats dented the vehicle when they and climbed on top of it, "damaging the wipers and glass, and scratching the paint of the bonnet and body".

Police however found only three goats in their subsequent inquiries. "We took the animals to the station and made inquiries about the owner," the officer told the newspaper.

Their owner, Mary Arogynathan, 37, faces charges of negligent conduct of her animals, which were later handed over to the Society for the Protection of Animals.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/06/20136282948107176.html

Just amazingly hilarious!

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Kanimoe(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Admin why cant i upload the pix for this
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Freiburger(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Me sef for like see the celebrity goat.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by SlyIg(f): 5:45am On Jun 06, 2013
If i be d owner, i no for show o . Esp if to say na 9ja e happen.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by SlyIg(f): 5:46am On Jun 06, 2013
Kanimoe: Admin why cant i upload the pix for this
i notice say na only when you rename your photo with alphabet abi na number before you fit upload am.

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
I thought this only happened in Ekiti and Osun
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by JimIbanga: 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
wonder shall never end.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Okijajuju: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: An Indian Aboki Suya man has been employed by the Indian Police to interrogate and 'grill' the goats for information.. The goats are suspected to be linked to Hezbollah and Boko Haram. grin

3 Likes

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by playcharles(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
crazy
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by dridowu: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pot must full
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kanimoe: Just amazingly hilarious!

LWKMD! i agree!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Barristert: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
There is nothing bad in it,its detention is to attract the owner to come and pay for his negligence and incompetence in rearing.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by curiouslad(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
This shit is akin to countries where people believe in all sorts of spirituality.
The reasoning:
If a goat could be responsible for killing someone (Eran iya oshogbo)
Then why can't it be held accountable for civil crimes

India is also one of the most religious nations in the world
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by devigblegble: 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Like my friends used to say ' it's sign of end time ' lol

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by fitzmayowa: 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
lobatan

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by nmaihat: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
But goats sef sabi misbehave. I remember years ago in our village after preparing n dishing the food, my mum will instruct us to go n carry our food, if one delays n no one was watching, u'll food there n find goats happily helping themselves with ur food. grin
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
lmaooooo goats fon suffer grin grin
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by ghananotnaija(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
These backwards people have no place in the African continent. Indians must go!

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by rozayx5(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Aregbesola comes to mind lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Built2last: 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
i dont know what you mean by detention. All i know is that while growing up every goat that entered my house goes on detention. we simply look for a rope and the nearest tree.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by ejifranks(m): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
Am flying to india right now to go bail this goats.... isi ewu and Peppersoup things grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by chaloner(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
this is not fair, y cant the goats be given amnesty since mends are enjoying that also

1 Like

Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by obernard: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
NA WA O,NA WHICH CAN TALK BE THIS.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Cestmoi1(f): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
hahahahaha....dis is so funny.
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
The most hillarious news have ever heard grin
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by AbuMikey(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
Laughable!!!
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by igboboy1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Na wa o...I was thinking it was only in Ibadan and Illorin such things happen. Apparently it is a widespread practice.

I want to apologize to the good people of Illorin and Ibadan because I was laughing when they arrested a goat, a cow and even a bicycle one time...

On the other hand I think the goat should be granted amnesty tho
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by haysal(m): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hahahaha....if to say na nigerian police detain these goats ...I don't need 2 tell u what would happen wink #isiewu tins! wink
Re: Goats Detained For Damaging Car In India by Celestyn8213: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nothing we no go see for this world

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biden’s Son, Hunter Pleads Not Guilty To Gun Charges / South African 1st Lady Pregnant. Paternity In Doubt / Nairobi(Kenya), Africa’s New Hq For Multinational Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.