Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo (12927 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Godson201333(m): 3:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Residents of Ujabhole-Uwessan, in Esan Central Local Government Area of Edo State, were on Sunday, thrown into mourning, as an 18-year-old girl from the area was electrocuted by cables of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria.

The deceased, identified as Iyogosa Godsday, was reportedly hit by PHCN high tension wire while trying put on line, clothes she hadwashed, after a downpour the same day.

It was gathered that people ran helter-skelter when the high tension cable fell, while several household electrical appliances were destroyed.

According to an eyewitness, Adubuka Ehimen, the deceased came out after the rains and was trying to spread clothes on a line, few meters from the house, when suddenly she was hit by the huge tension wire and died.

He added that sympathisers avoided moving close, for fear of being electrocuted.

He said, “Iyogosa came out of the house after that heavy Sunday rain and was spreading her clothes on the rope in front of their house at Idumu Asse, when she was hit by the wire, immediately she fell to the ground and died.

“Though she has been buried, but as I speak with you, no PHCN official has come to the village, even after we reported the case at the Irrua station office of the establishment. Right now light has not been restored and we are in darkness.”

Assistant General Manager, Public Relations, Benin PHCN, Mr. Oyebode Fadipe pleaded for time to investigate the matter.

He said, “I don’t have any information on that, I will call to find to find out the situation.”

source http://www.punchng.com/metro/girl-18-electrocuted-by-phcn-cable-in-edo/
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by vallycan: 4:55am On Jun 05, 2013
Dat's so sad an terrific, rest in peace ma dear:
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Gboliwe: 5:15am On Jun 05, 2013
shocked shocked

may her soul rest in peace
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:46am On Jun 05, 2013
vallycan: Dat's so sad an terrific, rest in peace ma dear:

You think it's terrific that the girl died?

Are you the one from her village that did this? Wetin this girl do to you make you pray for her to hug transformer?

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Swaggot00(m): 10:48am On Jun 05, 2013
RIP .
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by TonySpike: 10:51am On Jun 05, 2013
Our national negligence is gradually catching up and killing us day-by-day. I'm sure that monitoring installed electrical power cables should be someone's or a Unit's job at PHCN. But then, who are we to blame if not ourselves?

It comes in different forms: planes crashes, road crashes, accidental discharges by police, collapsing buildings, collapsed bridges, unsecured containers falling on cars, falling 132KV/33KV electrical lines e.t.c. When are we going to ever wake up in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Edoboy1(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2013
If this is not a spiritual attack, then it was BEING AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. What a tragic coincidence. R.I.P.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 05, 2013
Act of God!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 05, 2013
So sad.may her soul rest in peace
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by swizzle(m): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2013
Dat's so sad an terrific, rest in peace ma dear

The kind grammar people dey blow for this nairaland sometimes dey tire person grin

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2013
Tony Spike: Our national negligence is gradually catching up and killing us day-by-day. I'm sure that monitoring installed electrical power cables should be someone's or a Unit's job at PHCN. But then, who are we to blame if not ourselves?

It comes in different forms: planes crashes, road crashes, accidental discharges by police, collapsing buildings, collapsed bridges, unsecured containers falling on cars, falling 132KV/33KV electrical lines e.t.c. When are we going to ever wake up in Nigeria?

You are very right...Not untill we begin to demand accountability from the appropriate quatres, we ll continue to be the victim of theirnegligence.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by symbianDON(m): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Are you the one from her village that did this? Wetin this girl do to you make you pray for her to hug transformer?

am sure the poster intended to write horrific and not terrific....such a sad way to die. I pray the family would have the strength to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by spikeitall: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2013
why do we like so much bureaucracy in Nigeria? what are they investigating? is this issue not simple enough to understand?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2013
O ga oh!!!,may her soul rest in peace
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2013
sorry gal, R.I.P.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by zcoreman(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2013
may she attain salvation
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by ril19(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2013
unforeseen occurence. It's a pity.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by samtin(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2013
just wen she's ripe for marriage angry

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Oahray: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2013
They would soon start shouting spiritual attack now. Always blaming the spiritual for the negligence of the physical.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by zcoreman(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2013
swizzle:

The kind grammer people dey blow for this nairaland sometimes dey tire person grin
......and have you noticed the quality of YOUR language??

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by zcoreman(m): 11:08am On Jun 05, 2013
samtin: just wen she's ripe for marriage angry
LMAO!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by AbuMikey(m): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2013
I school at AAU....nd I didn't know about this .......Rest in Peace!!! It could have been worse!!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2013
See what ignorance can cause. Respect the right of way of power lines!!!!

Everywhere in Nigeria people are living very close or under powerlines. Smh
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

forgive his grammar.he meant terrible.you shoulda known

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Agbalanze(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2013
RIP to the dead!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by abdulaz: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2013
So sad. The consequences of corruption and negligence.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by bokohalal(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2013
Oahray: They would soon start shouting spiritual attack now. Always blaming the spiritual for the negligence of the physical.

Abi.
The family should sue the Electricty corporation This is not an Act of God.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by coogar: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2013
lorretta u: forgive his grammar.he meant terrible. you shoulda known

horrific!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by adexsimply(m): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2013
vallycan: Dat's so sad an terrific, rest in peace ma dear:
I hope that was a mistake? you wanted to write "terrible" right?
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by swizzle(m): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2013
......and have you noticed the quality of YOUR language??

Do not be fooled by the pidgin english my dear friend Aristotle, I was speaking on a lighter note.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Beaf1: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Terrible
Horrific

^
I guess the poor guy mistaken that with the two above
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by dedons: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2013
I sch in benin.
everything about the state is rough.
even the people are less concerned about development.
so i'm not surprised about this news.

hope my oga @ the top will not open this thread.

Because if he does,then i'm in soup.

(1) (2) (Reply)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. / Explaining What Is FUEL SUBSIDY To The Lay Man..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.