Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo (12889 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by eriegua83: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2013
What is the age for adulthood? Is 18yrs still a girl. RIP to the dead lady. May God give the family the strength to bear this irreplaceable loss.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2013
Tony Spike: Our national negligence is gradually catching up and killing us day-by-day. I'm sure that monitoring installed electrical power cables should be someone's or a Unit's job at PHCN. But then, who are we to blame if not ourselves?

It comes in different forms: planes crashes, road crashes, accidental discharges by police, collapsing buildings, collapsed bridges, unsecured containers falling on cars, falling 132KV/33KV electrical lines e.t.c. When are we going to ever wake up in Nigeria?

My brother, They are busy blaming leaders and politicians ooo. Instead of realizing the fact that, Problems in Nigeria are caused by NIGERIANS!!!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by dedons: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2013
Agbalanze: RIP to the dead!
must you always comment RIP to all threads that has to do with death

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by MrCork: 11:38am On Jun 05, 2013
Godson201333: Residents of Ujabhole-Uwessan, in Esan Central Local Government Area of Edo State, were on Sunday, thrown into mourning, as an 18-year-old girl from the area was electrocuted by cables of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria.

The deceased, identified as Iyogosa Godsday, was reportedly hit by PHCN high tension wire while trying put on line, clothes she hadwashed, after a downpour the same day.

It was gathered that people ran helter-skelter when the high tension cable fell, while several household electrical appliances were destroyed.

According to an eyewitness, Adubuka Ehimen, the deceased came out after the rains and was trying to spread clothes on a line, few meters from the house, when suddenly she was hit by the huge tension wire and died.

He added that sympathisers avoided moving close, for fear of being electrocuted.

He said, “Iyogosa came out of the house after that heavy Sunday rain and was spreading her clothes on the rope in front of their house at Idumu Asse, when she was hit by the wire, immediately she fell to the ground and died.

“Though she has been buried, but as I speak with you, no PHCN official has come to the village, even after we reported the case at the Irrua station office of the establishment. Right now light has not been restored and we are in darkness.”

Assistant General Manager, Public Relations, Benin PHCN, Mr. Oyebode Fadipe pleaded for time to investigate the matter.

He said, “I don’t have any information on that, I will call to find to find out the situation.”

source http://www.punchng.com/metro/girl-18-electrocuted-by-phcn-cable-in-edo/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.. did she loook like statue?grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by pscott(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2013
may her soul rest in peace
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by MrCork: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
p'scott:
may her soul rest in peace

grin grin grin grin grin grin...and her statue
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
dedons: I sch in benin.
everything about the state is rough.
even the people are less concerned about development.
so i'm not surprised about this news.

hope my oga @ the top will not open this thread.

Because if he does,then i'm in soup.
WHAT AN OBJECTIFICATION INBALANCE STATEMENT 4M U..CAN U TELL ME WERE IS MORE RELAX OR LAW ABID THAN EDO STATE..
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Amyceilyn(f): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
this is jst a sad reminder dat death is inevitable and can cum at anytim,anywia and place... RIP to the dead
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Bolarge1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
NA SHE BE THIS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by MrCork: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
..No need to cry over the dead!! angry
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by andyanders: 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
PHCN should be sued to the court and compensation should be paid to the family of the deceased.
RIP
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by hunri2005: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
incredible, Earn over $150 Daily Free just with simple tasks! Sign up free at www./bendtjq
minimum cashout $100 via western union
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Christmasdon(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
What could have happened, If the gal decided to spread her clothes inside.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by poundsgeh(f): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
RIp 2 d Girl. Sad tnz
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by 2rutalk1: 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
adexsimply: I hope that was a mistake? you wanted to write "terrible" right?

I see nothing wrong with the word he used in the sentence. We should remember that a word can mean different things according how it is used in a sentence(Polysemy).

Sequel to the above, the word terrific, can mean 'fantastic' extraordinarily good, wonderful, terrifying, something that causes fear or terror etc
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by oluwateo: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
May Her Soul rest well...
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by beldcat(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
PHCN ; They won't give us light, still they let their cables fall and kill our people. God help us nigerians.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Godson201333(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2013

Lol I would have visit my best friend in benin last year but he threaten to kidnap me for ransome if i should come.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by chacha3(f): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
dedons: must you always comment RIP to all threads that has to do with death
what a question lol. Hmmm may God console the family.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by belowise: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
R.i.p
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by CHRIS198: 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hard. Luck to. All
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tony Spike: Our national negligence is gradually catching up and killing us day-by-day. I'm sure that monitoring installed electrical power cables should be someone's or a Unit's job at PHCN. But then, who are we to blame if not ourselves?

It comes in different forms: planes crashes, road crashes, accidental discharges by police, collapsing buildings, collapsed bridges, unsecured containers falling on cars, falling 132KV/33KV electrical lines e.t.c. When are we going to ever wake up in Nigeria?
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by Osheshe(f): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2013

The likes of you never cease to amaze me. That someone was electocuted in a part of the state automatically gives Edo state a rough image?

And how exactly are the people less concerned about development? Do they have to borrow a leaf from the boko boys, burning, maiming and destroying to indicate they are passionate about the state's development?

You sound very unhappy. Were you coerced to come school in Edo state?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by bigbasho: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
swizzle:

The kind grammar people dey blow for this nairaland sometimes dey tire person grin

I guess u guys shud check ur village dictionary b4 crucifying him.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by sirmally: 7:04am On Jun 06, 2013
vallycan: Dat's so sad an terrific, rest in peace ma dear:
. Don't u knw wat terrific means how would such incidence be terrific
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2013
swizzle:

The kind grammar people dey blow for this nairaland sometimes dey tire person grin

Professor!
How is he wrong??, terrific can be used for good and bad!, be learned before you criticize

TERRIFIC:
1. extraordinarily great or intense: terrific speed.
2. extremely good; wonderful: a terrific vacation.
3. causing terror; terrifying.

He only should have said terrifying , that's all, may be a typo, he isn't wrong.
Re: PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2013
Osheshe:

The likes of you never cease to amaze me. That someone was electocuted in a part of the state automatically gives Edo state a rough image?

And how exactly are the people less concerned about development? Do they have to borrow a leaf from the boko boys, burning, maiming and destroying to indicate they are passionate about the state's development?

You sound very unhappy. Were you coerced to come school in Edo state?

God bless you my sister!

Ask him why he left his "paradise" of a state to school in Edo, abi ur state nor get school ni?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Complete List Of Nigerian Army Rank And Salary, / Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo / A New Kind Of Creature Found In The Forest Of Nandurbar District India (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.