Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:40 AM

Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? (715 Views)

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat / Why Soil Investigation Is Necessary For Your Building Project / Designed Pillars, Interlocking Tiles, Fancy Finishing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by waltereb(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
I really don't know how to go about this, i'm not an engineer neither i'm i an architect. I'm simply a sales man who is curious. In my line of business(doors, Sanitary wares, Tile, e.t.c) i regularly get to meet customers who give me the impression that they are spending more doing the finishing than erecting the structure itself.

Whenever this issue come's up, i'm like, hmmm (in my mind), does it mean that cost of the bnumerous bags of cement, iron rods, planks, building blocks required to erect a structure is lesser to the cost of doing the finishing(sanitary, Kitchen cabinets, beedroom cabinets, tiles, doors).

I really commend anyone undertaking any project big or small, cos its not easy buying a single bag of cement. But i and some other people like me would like to know which is MORE EXPENSIVE.

Like the proverbial saying goes, count your cost before building.

Please share your thoughts. smiley[color=#990000][/color]

Thanks.

Walter
Re: Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by waltereb(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Share your views
Re: Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by Femonjay(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Both are expensive but you can do 'form' work bit by bit, for instance if you have #20,000:00 you can buy few bags of cement and call in your brick layer to come and set few blocks for you and leave it for a while to continue later.
but when it comes to finishing you need alot of money to do things for example(if things being equal)you will not want to roof your sitting room and abandone other rooms till latter day,also you will not want to fix window in your master room and leave the rest, Finishing takes bulk money more than form work.

from my own angle!

1 Like

Re: Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by waltereb(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Femonjay: Both are expensive but you can do 'form' work bit by bit, for instance if you have #20,000:00 you can buy few bags of cement and call in your brick layer to come and set few blocks for you and leave it for a while to continue later.
but when it comes to finishing you need alot of money to do things for example(if things being equal)you will not want to roof your sitting room and abandone other rooms till latter day,also you will not want to fix window in your master room and leave the rest, Finishing takes bulk money more than form work.

from my own angle!

@femonjay Thanks for your insight. You are certainly right about the doing "form work" bit by bit, it makes a whole lot of sense. once again thanks for your contribution.

Walter
Re: Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by waltereb(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pls share your thoughts.
Re: Form Work Or Finishing/interior Which Is MORE EXPENSIVE In Building Project? by waltereb(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
?

(1) (Reply)

Own Land In Ivory Homes Estate Lekki For As Low N1m. / Land measuring 1000 Sqm at Ayo Rosiji str, GRA, Ikeja. N200m / FOR SALE Sabo Yaba! Sabo Yaba!! Sabo Yaba!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.