Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,063 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome (14595 Views)

Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m In Rome / Usain Bolt Suffers Shock Defeat Tojustin Gatlin In 100m Race / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by cooltony09: 10:26am On Jun 07, 2013
Inspired!!m winning the best graduating student in pharmacy,m gonna defeat dat die hard gal who seems to be the bolt of d classgrin grin
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by babyboy3(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfwTTY7fG6U

He needs to stop partying and concntrate on the next 3 or 4 years he has left
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by aglomar: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2013
'Only God wins forever.' Even Mourinho bleeped up at Real!
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Chitexs250(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2013
Phoenix6278: Bolt and I are second today. He was beaten by 0.01 second by Gatlin, I was beaten by a minute by 3ace. We live to fight another day.

Yeah I love this
That's the spirit of the Game
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Boss13: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2013
Bolt doesnt need to worry about Gatlin, his future problem is Tyson Gay who is coming very strong and a major contender for the world record after doing 9.64secs at the Jamaican competition
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by stevecantrell: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Its a dangerous time to top-up your steroids, so I'm not suprised at this.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by vislabraye(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2013
Emperortj93: Too bad... mayb d blondie, fame and riches re takin dere toll on him. hope he wil b back stronger and beta cus dat's d stuff champions re know for

What has this got to do with blondes and riches? Someone's just coming from an injury. Na wa for ur conclusion O.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2013
Bishop4bella: My guy while did you allow dat to happen. Maybe you getting tired sha and i bliv i can run faster than you.
SEE IF U ARE OBSERVANT U WILL DISCOVER THAT BOLT IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT WHEN IT COMES 2 100M BUT 200M HE STILL REMAIN THE CHAIRMAN.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by homealone2(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Even Blake beat Bolt 4 jamaica qualifiers but when wen olympic start, Blake no c Bolt back... I believe Bolt just dey joke with am .. Make main competition start, den we go know who b who...mttchew

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Originalsly: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
No surprise to me....Bolt is now warming up.I think his biggest threat is his team mate Blake.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
baby-boy:
He needs to stop partying and concntrate on the next 3 or 4 years he has left

Sooo true. Bolt has been at every major party and just about every social event in JA this year. Esp. At carnival smh.

He is young and should enjoy his youth however, when one says that they want to partake in the olympics and to continue, they have to remember its a commitment that require lots of time and dedication.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
belhomme: dat was a matured one frm Gatlin...but wait o before olympics blakes beat am oo...abi nah strategy?

home alone: Even Blake beat Bolt 4 jamaica qualifiers but when wen olympic start, Blake no c Bolt back... I believe Bolt just dey joke with am .. Make main competition start, den we go know who b who...mttchew

Originalsly: No surprise to me....Bolt is now warming up.I think his biggest threat is his team mate Blake.

Come to think of it. You guys do have a point.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by parki: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is amazing to know that Usain Bolt without drugs is just a fast as Justlin Galin who is constantly using.

However.....This race is not that important to Usain so Justlin can have this one.

when the real race comes, Justlin knows his place.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by pautex: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Jonwesley(m): 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
home alone: Even Blake beat Bolt 4 jamaica qualifiers but when wen olympic start, Blake no c Bolt back... I believe Bolt just dey joke with am .. Make main competition start, den we go know who b who...mttchew

You are on point, just my thoughts as well. The guy just wanted others to win a less competitive events. When the real deal comes, you will see a different Bolt. All the current contenders- Gatlin, Powell, Gay, are old legs who still think they can run with him. I expect that the person that would shock him in defeat is yet to be known, however these old folks just want to complete the figures on the tarmac. Bolt would have won this race if really wanted it, injury or no injury. He wanted to be humble to Gatlin who has been there for long and by so doing encourage him to keep hoping and enjoying the sport.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Mehiedu(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
u cant win it all in life.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Mehiedu(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
u cant will it all in life.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Mehiedu(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
u cant win it all in life.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by jmoore(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bolt was jogging while Gatlin was running.

Bolt still got the world record!!!

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Mehiedu(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
jmoore: Bolt was jogging while Gatlin was running.

Bolt still got the world record!!!

u r correct
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by oliidell(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bolt just moved 2 notches up my respect scale. 3 out of 5 would have blamed it on the hamstring.
"If you don't want to succeed at somthing, u'll find an excuse. If you want to succeed, u'l find a way".
Go Usain! U r stil my favourite King of Track

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Sirdy48(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
bolt is d guy of big occasions..no cause 4 alarm. yohan blake nd asafa powell did dsame b4..kudos to gatlin tho
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
cool cool@last four comments

Jonwesley:

You are on point, just my thoughts as well. The guy just wanted others to win a less competitive events. When the real deal comes, you will see a different Bolt. All the current contenders- Gatlin, Powell, Gay, are old legs who still think they can run with him. I expect that the person that would shock him in defeat is yet to be known, however these old folks just want to complete the figures on the tarmac. Bolt would have won this race if really wanted it, injury or no injury. He wanted to be humble to Gatlin who has been there for long and by so doing encourage him to keep hoping and enjoying the sport.

smiley smiley

I cant wait for the next Olympics!! grin
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by 999Kobo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sorry Bolt...It's called change...embrace it! grin
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Delafruita(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sitex: Is it not the same bolt that said he would dominate sprint for the next 5years?? Pride goes bëfore a crash.
Stil a big fan of him though...i admire his cònfidence
he said that in 2008 and frankly,its been five years already
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
That race was nothing...a mere charity event.

Bolt understood the unimportance and wasn't even trying.

P.S; He did the same thing before the Olympics, remember?
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by ba7man(m): 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Even the time they both ran shows they were fooling around. You can't win a medal(1st, 2nd, 3rd) with those times in a serious track meet.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by lukulukuboy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Let`s try not to underscore Gatlin`s performance.He did a great job and even did better with his comments after the race.
However, just like Gatlin stated,Bolt is a legend. He is simply a thunder bolt !!!
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by micmay(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Good one by justin,buh It's nt so convicing,juz a sub second.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by chucky234(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Blake will be next to dust bolt, I think he needs some nuts to tighten his Bolt to avoid another defeat.
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by charles424(m): 4:31am On Jun 08, 2013
searay: abeg which one be Oymics?

Abeg u too which one be oymics
Is dat the way to correct...na wetin do am,do u too...
Re: Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2013
smileyi watched it,it was to his unbelief,hehe his b0nes are getting weak

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 / Startimes To Show African Nations Cup Matches Live / Chelsea Suspend Four Fans After Sterling Racial Abuse Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.