Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. (18463 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Help Me And Thank God, Got Job With Nigerian Turkish International College / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Celestyn8213: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2013
Dis is a very goodnews... Kudos to mtn.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by everyday: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2013
That is a welcome development
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Tinkinguy(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2013
Its a good development so long as they are paying the Nigerian engineers of similar remunuration
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Udpconcept(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Dangote should pls emulate this, not all about packing Indians every were in his company
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2013
Good move. Another way of nationalizing the company
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by SlyIg(f): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Did you read the article at all
why do you ask!
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by prikkyohaj(f): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2013
Policewoman: I'm sure the Nigerians would be paid PEANUTS since they fired the expatriates to save cost.
Is it not better that they get paid peanuts than remain unemployed?
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by SlyIg(f): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Did you read the article at all
Can you let me get your point? I'm still waiting before i loss my temper. If i do, you'll regret ever leaving cameroun forum to Nigeria forum.
Tell me where i didn't read well now!
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Lilimax(f): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2013
SlyIg: Thats nice...
Thats if Nigerians will be paid like the expatriate!
The 285 expatriates were replaced with Nigerian workers in a move to save costs...
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by beauty4(f): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2013
VEry welcome development. i hope Dangote dey hear ooooooooooooooo. We have qualified people here, the expatriates should train them and go back to their countries
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by 1MCN: 10:38am On Jun 07, 2013
I think the major reason mtn had to go local isnt just to save cost but in compliance with FG's local content law, even though this also hugely saves them cost. Am wondering why NLers are saying some disparaging things about this move. Do you mean that Nigerians (you inclusive) are good-for-nothings? Or do you mean you'd rather hear that MTN sacks 285 Nigerian workers for expatriates? Sometimes it juust seems to me some people reason with something other than their brains! And with this kind of mindset you're jobseeking? You must be an occupational/career hazard.
I can attest that the Oil and Gas Companies are also going local content in their staffing. All of the Supervising Engineers I now work under are Nigerians! Positions hitherto preserved for Oyibo.
I believe a Nigerian can deliver. They shud shun favouritism, nepotism, quota system and racketeering. They'd certainly get the performers onboard.
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by lacasa: 10:41am On Jun 07, 2013
These telecoms co's r exploiting ds Country bad.

The terms of service & insecurity of tenure is worse than the banking sector.

The pay in relation to thisn does not correlate at all.

The NCC is just a waste of time, doesn't regulate nor protect stringent issues

#.. They'r or they'v bn havin a field day in Nigeria undecided
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Cholison(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2013
That is the way it should be. More foreign companies should take a cue.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Melancholy(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2013
It's a long overdue project.shebi dem dey form nii
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2013
SlyIg:
Can you let me get your point? I'm still waiting before i loss my temper. If i do, you'll regret ever leaving cameroun forum to Nigeria forum.

Leading digital mobile operator, MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, has replaced 285 expatriates with Nigerian workers in a move to save costs
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Revolva(m): 11:09am On Jun 07, 2013
weldone MTN UNA TRY SMALL
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2013
300 expatriates reduced to 285... So what happened to the remaining 15...? They ported
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by collynzo2(m): 11:20am On Jun 07, 2013
SlyIg:
Although that guy Cameroonshame is an idîot, but what he means is that if you read the article, you would have seen where they said they are replacing the expatriates with Nigerians to reduce cost. Hence they cannot be paid the same amount.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by BarryX(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2013
Local content law has finally caught up with this South African company, they should be listed in the stock exchange for Nigerians to trade with their stocks to know they are really serious about localizing
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2013
This is what all the oil companies should do
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Igosun: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2013
what are you doing with expatriate before, i hope you will pay the nigerians well.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by collynzo2(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2013
I hope this does not affect my magic sim in any way, still enjoy streaming internet TV at night, TV stations even DSTV cannot give.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by darkashes(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2013
like serz what have they been waiting for all this yeaars.. nice one ooh..
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ddjay: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2013
surugede: What he has not told us yet is how many local staff will cease from being MTN direct staff when the implement their manpower outsourcing policy. When that is done, many MTN personnel would become outsourced mainly to the vendors, that would mean lesser pay.
weldone,u av truly spkn well,inface God bles u.dis shows hw ur vast knowledge of nigeria is.omo c as pips dey commend dem,y nt wait an c d type of employmnt b4 commending dem na,am sure mactay and cssnl etc will b organisn a jubulatn party dis nite
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2013
SlyIg:
my Akwa ibom sister, we are brothers naa.I beg don't lose your temper, and next time take the time to read before posting
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2013
collynzo2: Although that guy Cameroonshame is an idîot, but what he means is that if you read the article, you would have seen where they said they are replacing the expatriates with Nigerians to reduce cost. Hence they cannot be paid the same amount.
Only on Nl scammers have the right to talk and air their idiocy tongue
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Ud&pconcept:
Dangote should pls emulate this, not all about packing Indians every were in his company
didnt u heard dat dang0te want's 2 build an 0il refinery in 9ja?.....d man z duin a grt j0b nd u d0nt av any cus 2 start blabin at him,..mtcheeew....by d way,i waz jst passing by,..
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Hahaha..

The coy simply wants to reduce cost by employing Nigerians they can be paying peanuts.

You people just love to complain. MTN has set the foundation and exparts are expensive as they are paid in their country of origin's currency plus incentive for leaving their place of origin. In Naija it includes body guards, transport ( chauffering, power, phone calls and travell allowances. And it shows more commitment to train locals to run their business enlarging the employment pool in the host country. Exparts always have an end of contract dates as they cannot leave their countries of origin for ever. They are there just to train and set up.

1 Like

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2013
This is a welcome development. Infact, all multinational companies should be forced to do this. Not only local content but we want Nigerians in supervisory and managerial positions. This cheating (which is what I call it) is rampant in many industries including construction, engineering, the corporate world etc. Why would we bring 28 year old foreign engineers and turn dem to supervisors over 35 year old Nigerian engineers who probably have more experience. This one of the reasons of massive unemployment and underemployment in Nigeria. If we can really force these foreign companies to employ mostly Nigerian staff in their operations not only will general salaries increase, but unemployment will decrease too. Julius Berger is one company that those this. And so many other companies. Yet we have thousands of young engineers in Nigeria that are unemployed.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by iliasusuleman: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2013
good move by mtn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Ongoing Irokotv Recruitment 2017 / BAT Graduate Trade Marketing Representative job. / SAF (sterling Bank Alternative Finance) Graduate Trainee Program 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.