Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? (1700 Views)

Why Didn't The Ref Wait? / Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended / Iker Casillas Asked The Ref To Blow The Final Whistle Early Out Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by sunny4all(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2006
what do u think of the ref in the
champions league final?
Be u arsenal or Barcelona fans pls let us know
ur feeling, don't be bias.
From what Igwe and Wenger are saying
i don't understand them. lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by GUNNER(f): 11:28am On May 18, 2006
THE REF SHOULD HAVE GIVEN LEHMANN  A  YELLOW CARD FOR HACKING DOWN ETO
AND ALLOWED THE BARCA GOAL TO STAND, SIMPLY BECAUSE THIS WOULD HAVE MADE THE GAME
MORE OF AN EVEN SOCCER CONTEST

HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE GIVEN EBOUE A YELLOW CARD FOR SIMULATION, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS DIVING
BECAUSE IF ARSENAL HAD HELD ON TO THAT GOAL ADVANTAGE AND GONE ON 2 WIN THE GAME ALL BARCA FANS WOULD HAVE BEEN CRYING FOUL

ALL IN ALL,

I FEEL THE REF DID NOT STAMP HIS AUTHORITY ON THE GAME, GUESS HE WAS TOO OVERWHELMED BY THE ARRAY OF STARS BEFORE HIM!   shocked
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by twinstaiye(m): 12:59pm On May 18, 2006
Well said Gunner, I for one believed Eto'o was offside before Lehman tackle. But the referee can't give lehman yellow card and at the same time allow the goal.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by GUNNER(f): 1:05pm On May 18, 2006
@TWINSTAIYE

MY BAD GAFFE

I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT SOCCER FANS SHOULD BE OBJECTIVE AT ALL TIMES

IT DONT HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING AND ALL THAT NASTY STUFF

JUST STICK TO THE FACTS   wink
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by twinstaiye(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2006
Sorry gunner, now editted. thousands of apology.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by GUNNER(f): 1:33pm On May 18, 2006
KEIN PROBLEM

GUNNER 4 EVER grin
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Jackal(m): 1:37pm On May 18, 2006
@ Twinstaiye,
Unless u'd watched a different match,Etoo was clearly on-side when Dinho supplied the killer pass.
Ashley Cole kept Etoo on and the goal should have stood.
Had Collina been the Referee,he would have allowed the goal to stand and would have still given Lehmann a red-card so count yourself lucky.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2006
Well said Gunner! At least it was a finalmatch and you don't expect anybody's mind to be at peace. So Lehmann, You dismissal really cost us Gunners
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2006
Well said Gunner! At least it was a finalmatch and you don't expect anybody's mind to be at peace. So Lehmann, Your dismissal really cost us Gunners
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by GUNNER(f): 1:48pm On May 18, 2006
@SPIKELORD

I FEEL LEHMANN SHOULD JUST HAVE ALLOWED ETO TO SCORE

THEN WE MIGHT HAVE A MORE DECENT CHANCE WITH 11 MEN ON THE FIELD

BUT THEN WE CAN ONLY TALK HERE

U KNOW, ITS REALLY HARD

FOR THESE FOOTBALLERS WHO HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION QUICKLY

ALL THE SAME IT WAS A GOOD RUN FOR ARSENAL WHILE IT LASTED
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by GUNNER(f): 1:48pm On May 18, 2006
@SPIKELORD

I FEEL LEHMANN SHOULD JUST HAVE ALLOWED ETO TO SCORE

THEN WE MIGHT HAVE A MORE DECENT CHANCE WITH 11 MEN ON THE FIELD

BUT THEN WE CAN ONLY TALK HERE

U KNOW, ITS REALLY HARD

FOR THESE FOOTBALLERS WHO HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION QUICKLY

ALL THE SAME IT WAS A GOOD RUN FOR ARSENAL WHILE IT LASTED
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 1:51pm On May 18, 2006
Thatz it brother! Mess them haterZ
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Priscila(f): 2:01pm On May 18, 2006
biased.
yellow card was ok.

Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Akolawole(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2006
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by sunny4all(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2006
@ Priscila
 that is red card offence, lehmann should allow
Etochukwu to fire on,  grin
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Skintite(f): 2:23pm On May 18, 2006
I think the ref shu'dve realised it was a CL finals for pitts sake  undecided
Shud've allowed the goal n kept lehmann in

Ref make difficult decisions n he shud've thot about the importance of a fair game
If barca win a 10man arsenal under the circumstance
Id say it was a good game

Not winnin was the only problem, but the game was good n fair enuf
am still depressed thou  cry cry
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Skintite(f): 2:54pm On May 18, 2006
Just heard on sky news that ref accepted he might hav made a mistake
by sending off lehmann embarassed

How the Bleep does it matter now undecided
Apologies 4 my lingo
Still angry angry sad cry
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by kq(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2006
the ref blew b4 the ball entered the net so therefore he had to allow his decision stand and he cannot give a yellow card for that kind of offence for Gods sake etoo was goal bound.  smiley
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by kq(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2006
if the ref is now apologizing afta d game he must be a joker pls UEFA exclude from further activities on the pitch.
honestly speaking the match was really a fair one by all standards, it is not right to start making excuses because of a red card that was worth it. lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2006
I think the referees decision favoured Arsenal more for he cancalled a legitimate goal and a goal is much more important than playing against ten men and Wenger said: 'It looked like a red card because it was a foul outside the box. It looked to be a foul, so it's difficult to contest.(from espn) In all Henry spoilt the show he missed a glorious one-on one opportunity to bury the game before Barca equalised.A great footballer is one that can rise up to the BIG FINAL GAME occassion e.g Zidane(vs Brazil-1998 world cup,vs Leverkusen 2002 UCL final) Ronaldo(vs Germany 2002 world cup), Gerrard(vs AC Milan 2005 UCL final. vs West Ham 2006 Fa cup final) But Henry(vs Brazil 1998 world cup, vsItaly 2000 Euro cup,vs Liverpool 2001 FA cup final, vs Galatasaray 2000 UEFA cup) is not a great player. Henry threw away the cup!!!!!!!!1
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2006
The red card issue was a controversial one.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by Skintite(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2006
Doesnt matter now, does it undecided
its over guys, hang it angry

Allow us try n get over it n move on ok. grin
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by hucarson(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2006
@ Spikelord,

The Red card wasn't controversial.
The referee was absolutely spot-on if we are to go by the book but ev'ryone just felt he should have used his discretion.
Booting Lehmann out definitely ruined and took the hues off the match.
He should have allowed the goal to stand and give Lehmann a yellow card but it's over now.
Lets forget it.
Better luck next time.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2006
Yeah, Better Luck next time!

We gunners are proud of our players
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by mukina2: 11:47am On May 29, 2006
i feel like shooting him angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Of The Ref In The Champions League Final? by spikelord(m): 1:36am On May 30, 2006
Damn it! Get me my guns!

(1) (Reply)

Most Unprofitable One-sided Soccer Match? / Yakubu Slaps Nff's Taiwo Ogunjobi / Can't Believe Mtn Is Doin This: <<(giving Double Rechare Promo)>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.