Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

What Do I Do To My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do To My Wife (3313 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Do To My Wife by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
chaircover: She may or may not be having affairs; that I don't know. What I do know is that if care is not taken the end result may not be too palatable bearing in mind that you both now have a child.

At the very least she is disrespecting you by going to places that you have not sanctioned and the lies I am sure are very annoying. Its not also safe! Your husband thinks you are safe at home in owerri, but you are on a night bus to Lagos. In todays day and age one must be very careful.

I want you to think deeply into why you don't want her to expand her business (which is what she is going to cry foul about when asked what her grievances are so be prepared for that one) is it because she will neglect the home front? BTW where did she put the baby when she went to Lagos or you are worried that she will go off with another man? If you are sure that you do have genuine reasons then by all means make her see reason.

after you have identified your real reasons for your reluctance to expand right now, You need to have a deep heart to heart discussion with her. Ask he how she will feel if you were the one behaving the way she is behaving. Explain to her that once the trust is gone from the relationship, that is the beginning of the end and let her know that her behavior is not doing her any favors. Let her know that you will no longer accept this, and she needs to change if she wants to live in peace with you.

Sir I also want you to do something if you don't already do it and it is not just to say NO to something but to also give good reasons why you are saying NO to something and if possible even put options and solutions in place
I also want you to be very involved in your wifes business. You are both one and the success or the failure of the business affects you both.

I know that you have your pride you may not want to get involved so that you are not accused of wanting access to her money but do you can still get involved in how it is being run without getting involved in the proceeds of the biz if that is what is bugging you.

For example there is nothing wrong in even driving her to PH and you both go and see uniport and both decide if its a good place to open another branch. In short please make yourself available. It also makes it clear to the people that she comes in contact with that she is truly taken and by a man who cares for his wife they can see his presence. It will also stop a randy business associate in their tracts. It also portrays her as a responsible woman.

Thank you very much ooooooooo......
Seriously, i've just been reading comments since yesterday and shaking my head. I'm sure if that woman comes to say her own side of the story, the man would be the devil. He said it categorically that "her business is not contributing anything to the family" and nobody saw that part of it. If any woman is told that, won't she be trying to expand the business, even if she is going about it the wrong way Now, she asks for permission to travel (business-wise) and you just tell her NO! I'm not supporting her disobedience but there are loop-holes in the story that goes beyond a woman trying to disrespect her husband INTENTIONALLY. And to make things worse, some people concluded that she's cheating.

Madam CC, may your husband continue to enjoy you, may your wisdom and maturity never diminish. Phew! I've always e-loved you but this post has just raised the e-love to a power of 1000. GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: What Do I Do To My Wife by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: What Do I Do To My Wife by Chaulay1: 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
It's a pity that pple dat come here for advice open themselves up to all manner. Pls let's watch wat we post, d advice and name calling. Imagine someone refering to d op's wife as a paid w.hore. Pls let's watch it.

Great advice u have there @GreatGod. Like said ur wife behavior doesn't automatically mean she's unfaithful. She may just be an overly money conscious person. Look at d rent issue for instance, does dat show any infidelity signal? No, but still speak with her and tell her she should set her priorities right.
Re: What Do I Do To My Wife by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
dayokanu: OP,

Everyone here knows something but no one wants to hit the nail on the head

Use your tongue to count your teeth. Dazz all

And as a guy man. Hope you dey use condom sha because some thing dey town nowadays make you no catch something

Don't mind them. Let them continue beating about the bush. Till she infects him with a deadly disease ,na that time him go grow small brain.
Methinks the lady married the dude & he knows how she made her money. My friend, a leopard does not change it's spots; your wife is used to her pre marriage lifestyle that nothing can stop her.
Re: What Do I Do To My Wife by Engineer96(m): 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
chaircover: She may or may not be having affairs; that I don't know. What I do know is that if care is not taken the end result may not be too palatable bearing in mind that you both now have a child.

At the very least she is disrespecting you by going to places that you have not sanctioned and the lies I am sure are very annoying. Its not also safe! Your husband thinks you are safe at home in owerri, but you are on a night bus to Lagos. In todays day and age one must be very careful.

OP I want you to think deeply into why you don't want her to expand her business (which is what she is going to cry foul about when asked what her grievances are so be prepared for that one) is it because she will neglect the home front? BTW where did she put the baby when she went to Lagos or you are worried that she will go off with another man? If you are sure that you do have genuine reasons then by all means make her see reason.

after you have identified your real reasons for your reluctance to expand right now, You need to have a deep heart to heart discussion with her. Ask he how she will feel if you were the one behaving the way she is behaving. Explain to her that once the trust is gone from the relationship, that is the beginning of the end and let her know that her behavior is not doing her any favors. Let her know that you will no longer accept this, and she needs to change if she wants to live in peace with you.

Sir I also want you to do something if you don't already do it and it is not just to say NO to something but to also give good reasons why you are saying NO to something and if possible even put options and solutions in place
I also want you to be very involved in your wifes business. You are both one and the success or the failure of the business affects you both.

I know that you have your pride you may not want to get involved so that you are not accused of wanting access to her money but you can still get involved in how it is being run without getting involved in the proceeds of the biz if that is what is bugging you.

For example there is nothing wrong in even driving her to PH and you both go and see uniport and both decide if its a good place to open another branch. In short please make yourself available. It also makes it clear to the people that she comes in contact with that she is truly taken and by a man who cares for his wife and they too can see his presence. It will also stop a randy business associate in their tracts. Us women also love it when our men take pride in being there right beside us . . .well I do anyway.

Thank you very much.
This will be very helpful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me Guys Am Going Crazy / See This Shocking Marriage Between A Young Man And His Lady (photos) / How Do I Advice My Younger Brother. Nairalanders Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.