Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes (951 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Fact Base Consulting Ltd Calin 4loan Officer / Twenty Career Pages of Nigerian Bank Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by gedtalks(m): 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
My fellow Nigerian graduates, I wish to open your eyes to the unseen future of thousands amongst us, yet we DO NOT or CAN NOT do anything about it.

It’s easy to say “it’s not my portion” or “God forbid”, but my brothers and sisters the earlier we woke up to reality the more secure our future will be.

Believe it or not everyone thinks success about his/ her destiny, but PAINFUL REALITY WILL DAWN shocked ON A LOT OF US IF WE DON’T DO SOMETHING EARLY ENOUGH.

Unfortunately unlike many other countries, Nigeria does not have any reliable statistical data unit that opens our eyes to see figures of unemployment rate. If there had been such I guess we wouldn’t have been SO SILENT, sitting and waiting for “our destiny to come”.

There is a simple way to estimate the fast growing number of unemployed graduates flooding the country in confusion (and the number keeps increasing as institutions keep on passing out their graduates).
Check this out: Approximately 2000 youth coppers pass out per batch in every state. Multiplied this number by 3 batches a year- i.e. about 6000 youth coppers pass out per state every year. Multiply 6000 by 36 states: you get 216,000. This is apart from Graduates of colleges of Education, colleges of nursing, and those that apply for exemption from youth service.

Food for thought:
1. How many vacancies occur every year per state?
2. How many previously occupied job post get empty (when everyone fights hard to keep his job) ?
3. How many employing companies and firms exist in each state of the country – remember that there are only three states in Nigeria having many companies (Lagos, Abuja, and Port-Harcourt in Rivers state)

I am suggesting that we make trouble O, because Nigeria is presently suffering from the accumulation of mis-management by our past leaders. I want you guys to suggest what we can do to save ourselves and secure our future or do we just wait for "our destiny" to come

1 Like

Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by Zakkyoz: 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
It's as if you just finish your NYSC. If so,you are welcome to the club of Senior Applicants of Nigeria(SAN)
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by ojesoj(m): 12:47am On Jun 08, 2013
@OP, you have spoken well. this number keep increasing and i keep tell people nothing would happen except Graduate take action. Newspapers cant keep on talking for unemployed Graduates on the pages of their newspapers. it is the graduate who are affected before you know it you are 30years old still with no job or you are been paid N30,000 or N40,000 somewhere and that is frustrating as hell after paying school fees that is way more than that at the university. UNEMPLOYED NIGERIANS ITS TIME WE SPEAK UP TILL THIS COUNTRY STANDS TILL TO TAKE ACTIVE PLAN NOT JUST PAPER TALKS.

my suggestion. to save future of the unemployed youth who are willing and able to work but no work due to i-dont-care-attitude by successive GOVT of this country. Unemployed graduate should organise a one month protest in all the 36states of the country. Every graduate must come out to join this protest and it should be done together and simultaneously.

God bless Nigeria youth who would stand up and say enough is enough. the moto of the protest should be WE WANT JOBS NOW FOR ALL UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE and if they(GOVT) don't respond well we all shall return to the street with more protest. common Nigerians we are talking of our FUTURE here. this situation would not change except Nigerian unemployed show their anger at those at the corridor of power.

1 Like

Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by realteflon(m): 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Front page pls. This issue affect all Nigerian Graduate. Believe me this figure keeps increasing. MODERATOR front page please
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by vet707(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
Moderators! This should be FRONT PAGE worthy.

This situation is just like a keg of gunpowder waiting to explode. Most Nigerian graduates are on the brink of being over frustrated. Don't say I didn't tell you that a nationwide protest similar to last year's fuel subsidy protest is very imminent! Some foolish old souls need to pay for squandering our collective wealth without any good thing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by ojesoj(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
this need to be taken to twitter and facebook to call on all unemployed Nigerian to arise and take their future in their hand.. someone should create an #tag on twitter so it go viral all over nigerian.
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
@Topic: I reject poverty!

I'll come back later to comment.
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by SaintChukz(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by ojesoj(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
spread this #tag now on twitter ; #ProtestAgainstUnemploymentInNigeria
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by gedtalks(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
real-teflon:
Front page pls. This issue affect all Nigerian Graduate. Believe me this figure keeps increasing. MODERATOR front page please

My brother is there actually a way of pasting an old thread on front page?I dont know how to do that abeg teach me
Re: Predicted FACT : Poverty Awaits Thousands Of Nigerian Gradutes by gedtalks(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
My people. I think we can start by simply talking about it everywhere, are we "learned", yet we CANT TALK undecided ? let us start by using the social media effectively to protest. It is a powerful conference or should I say meeting tool. Rather than spending time posting threads that have no use. WE CAN EXPLODE ON NAIRALAND, ON TWITTER, ON FACE BOOK, then gradually plan live meetings, and establish protest units in every state all over the country.

its easy to begin, but its not one mans job. its a job for ME AND YOU. just start up a discussion against it and keep on protesting. till it begins to have effect.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Knows Midas Touch Consult Ltd / Swiss Pharma Nigeria Ltd Recruitment 4 Medical Representatives / Latest Chevron Jobs In Nigeria 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.