Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Computer Programming In Uk? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Programming In Uk? (1034 Views)

Bells University Wins Computer Programming Contest / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? / Article: Why A Career In Computer Programming Sucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Programming In Uk? by Godwin10(m): 1:33am On Jun 09, 2013
Which university is best to study Computer programming and software development in the United kingdom.
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 2:10am On Jun 09, 2013
Godwin10: Which university is best to study Computer programming and software development in the United kingdom.

eeerrmmm, you mean computer engineering/science.
It's best to take a major and broaden your chances. Meanwhile, post your question on this thread, you'll get better feedback.

https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Godwin10(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
Thanks man. Its computer science. Appreciate ur reply
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
wink
You're welcome
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Fayimora(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
I had a quick look at that thread and disagree with close to 80% of what lads are saying there.

@OP, there is no such thing as "best uni for computer science". Pick a good number of them, visit their websites and try to spend time understanding their syllabuses. As you do that, you'll gradually eliminate some and when you are left with roughly 5, you are good to go.

Good luck!

Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
Fayimora: I had a quick look at that thread and disagree with close to 80% of what lads are saying there.

@OP, there is no such thing as "best uni for computer science". Pick a good number of them, visit their websites and try to spend time understanding their syllabuses. As you do that, you'll gradually eliminate some and when you are left with roughly 5, you are good to go.

Good luck!

Perfect answer, but i directed him there to get first hand info from those studying that course in UK.
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Godwin10(m): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
I appreciate both your comments. From d statements at dat link, i was terrified. Well i aint giving up.
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 12:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Godwin10: I appreciate both your comments. From d statements at dat link, i was terrified. Well i aint giving up.

lol...anybody telling you that studying and living in UK is bad, not worth it ...blah blah blah

Tell him to come back to Nigeria grin

The fees are too much quite alright but man, if you can be very dedicated and hardworking, you can make it.
And by the way, it is worth it
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 12:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Have you found a school?
which place are you planning to stay? london or outside?
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Godwin10(m): 1:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Nope, not london.
University of Portsmouth
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by spikesC(m): 1:12am On Jun 13, 2013
Godwin10: Nope, not london.
University of Portsmouth

ok, thats cool. When are you hoping to start, this september?
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Fayimora(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
No offence but I don't think Portsmouth is any good in CS. I'm guessing that's just one out of about 5 unis you have in mind. No?
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Godwin10(m): 5:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Fayimora, den which do u suggest
Re: Computer Programming In Uk? by Fayimora(m): 1:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Godwin10: Fayimora, den which do u suggest
I have a couple in mind, obviously, but you have to do your research yourself. Read what I wrote about going to multiple sites above. I can only help you shorten a refined list.

(1) (Reply)

FORTRAN 2003 Programming! / Backlink Checker / Come And Be Trained On How To Setup An Entertainment Hub(abuja And Kaduna)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.