Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! (1035 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming - Is Java The Best To Start With? / Programming Is Like Sex... / Programming Is Not As Difficult As You Think. Try It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by chim14(m): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
It does not matter the programming language you use, the bottom line is the end result - whether by hook or crook, clients don't care. EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT SPEED!

The highest quality of a good programmer is to be SHREWED OR CUNNING. From experience, I have deviced my own coding conventions. I hadly go mainstream - I am an IBO SENSE PROGRAMMER! I always get what I imagine.

My favourite programming language is C#.NET. I still love Java and as a software researcher, I've being chewing some RARE ones.

I love to see the END FROM THE BEGINNING in every software endeavor. I hate wasting my time with console based bullshit(I am a GUI GUY) I love to see how useful a program will be to the END USER. Design and functionality are twin brothers.

The greatest attention a programmer most give to his software design is USER EXPERIENCE.

NO matter how cool your software functions, If your end user can't understand it or hate the Interface, you've succeeded in creating an ABOMINATION(To hell with your algorithims).

Its not by being intelligent but by being WISE. So my dear programmers, CULTIVATE THE HABIT OF SEEING THE END FROM THE BEGINNING. BECOME A SOFTWARE PROPHET!

Mr. Chim
chimsgraphic@gmail.com
Re: The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by asalimpo(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
How far into the future can a programmer see?

Divine telescope is needed.

Can u see d rise of linux,raspberry pie, iot ,
downfall of m$soft, the end of laptops,rise of tablets,
end of NL as we know it?

Can u forsee ur client tryg to shaft u?
Re: The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by mark3009(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2014
the reason for programming conventions is so that other dev can maintain your code in future especially if you work in a company.
Re: The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by chim14(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
@mark3009

Coding conventions are ok when working as a team
Re: The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by chim14(m): 12:03am On Nov 18, 2014
@asalimpo

My dear, even a witch knows that programming is a thing of the SPIRIT.
Re: The End Product Of Programming Is RESULT! by Jeffahead: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
What many programmers fail to see is the bigger picture.

The lifespan of a good quality software application is anywhere between 10 - 15 years. Sometimes even much longer. I've built products at companies and gone back there 8 years later and the thing is still running and still making money for that company.

The thing is, it usually takes a team of developers between 6 months to 2 years to develop a software application depending on its size. If that application lasts 15 years, the original development period is actually just a small part of that lifecycle. The rest of the lifecycle is spent on application maintenance and upgrades.
If the code you developed initially was not designed and built in a maintainable fashion, then the remaining lifetime of the application will be difficult and expensive for the customer to maintain. Leading them to usually ditch your product for a better one and brand you as a poor developer.

So my point is that, although maintenance is easy to overlook during initial development, it crucially forms the largest part of a software's life so developers need to understand how to develop code that is maintainable in order to deliver a quality product.
And a good place to start is by having a good grasp of Design Patterns.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Tubemate Download So Fast? / Tools And Services Any Front-end Web Developmer Must Have / Python: TUPLES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.