Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,608 members, 7,770,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria (147609 Views)

How To Share/transfer Mb/data On MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat. / How To Transfer Mb On Mtn Sim / Transfer MB On MTN...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by gbengaoa(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2013
MTN customers can now Share data Bundle with loved ones on MTN Network.

This is entirely different from Data Gifting or Data Rollover that we are all used to.

Find steps below:

Simply dial *131*2# on your MTN line

*Register with option 1
*Change pin with option 2
*Purchase data as a Gift with option 3
*Do Data sharing with option 4

customer will get a notification sms with default Pin 0000 upon successful registration.

Customer will be able to change the pin by Texting CHANGE 0000 NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. For instance (change 0000 1472 1472 to 131)

Customer will receive confirmation upon successful change of PIN.

Customer will be required to re-dial *131*2# and respond with option 4 to do Data sharing.

Customer will be required to ADD Beneficiaries (MSISDN) after which a notification parties.

Finally, customer will be able to initiate data sharing with his/her new data pin by entering the Beneficiaries MSISDN already registered.

Note that you must be on a minimum monthly Plan of 250MB to be eligible for Data sharing.

It simply means that other plans below 250MB will not be able to share data.

2 Likes

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by ibnuusamah: 6:27am On Jun 19, 2013
Whats the size that can be shared at a go

gbengaoa: MTN customers can now Share data Bundle with loved ones on MTN Network.

This is entirely different from Data Gifting or Data Rollover that we are all used to.

Find steps below:

Simply dial *131*2# on your MTN line

*Register with option 1
*Change pin with option 2
*Purchase data as a Gift with option 3
*Do Data sharing with option 4

customer will get a notification sms with default Pin 0000 upon successful registration.

Customer will be able to change the pin by Texting CHANGE 0000 NEW PIN NEW PIN to 131. For instance (change 0000 1472 1472 to 131)

Customer will receive confirmation upon successful change of PIN.

Customer will be required to re-dial *131*2# and respond with option 4 to do Data sharing.

Customer will be required to ADD Beneficiaries (MSISDN) after which a notification parties.

Finally, customer will be able to initiate data sharing with his/her new data pin by entering the Beneficiaries MSISDN already registered.

Note that you must be on a minimum monthly Plan of 250MB to be eligible for Data sharing.

It simply means that other plans below 250MB will not be able to share data.
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by ibnuusamah: 6:43am On Jun 19, 2013
I encountered error while trying to change the default pin to my desired four digit PIN. The service returns error message: changing PIN failed. PIN should be 4 digits only. The error persisted but i entered the correct info, as anybody encountered similar problem and able to resolve it.

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by gbengaoa(m): 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
Then try to share without changing your pin. To be able to share data you have to subscribe for a minimum of 250mb.
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by ibnuusamah: 5:21am On Jun 24, 2013
Can i share data from my mtn BIS subscription, how?
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Joel3(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2013
ok, what will be the data expiration date of the shared mb? can bbm subscription also shares MB? what is the last mb that can be shared
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by nkyokojie: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
I am on night data plan but it keeps telling me I am not eligible for sharing. I have up to 2G data on my plan. Mtn cheats

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Joel3(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
i think its for 24hours browsing plans. mobile internet plans from 260mb above.
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by obua: 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
how can i cancel data sharing

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by defemz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
obua: how can i cancel data sharing
Can anybody answer this pleaseeeee. Cos I want out of this sharing BS ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by yasaa(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please how do i check the mtm data that is sent to me via mtn data sharing?
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by seniourman(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Its not working stu.pid Mtn

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by slimming: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
it works very well here o. just follow the steps.
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Gabreal1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
nkyokojie: I am on night data plan but it keeps telling me I am not eligible for sharing. I have up to 2G data on my plan. Mtn cheats
Guy pls put me through da cheat process abeg.
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by oaroloye(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
I paid N1,100 for 1GB. of Data from a Campus Vendor (this thing is all the rage, now!)

I also bought 500MB. Data for my boyos., at N600 each.

However, I tried to check my balance, and got NOTHING on *559#, but 2 => 131 gave back a message saying:

>>>>Y'ELLO! Your 2 hrs I day Data plan has expired. Text 2H to 131 to buy another bundle. (Sic!)<<<

I am too old to be taking shocks like this!

One of my beneficiaries said he saw no evidence of my generosity!

Is my DATA out there, or have I been duped?

I went through something similar with AIRTEL's ANDROID Deal. The usual Balance-check numbers tell you nothing. You have to dial: *223#. They could have EXPLAINED that!

Why didn't they- more fun

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by blackfase(m): 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
yasaa:
Please how do i check the mtm data that is sent to me via mtn data sharing?
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by blackfase(m): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by ayo55(m): 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
You simply send DATABALANCE to 131 or dial *461# and follow
the prompt.
check ur balance wit dat
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Reeland: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
I am confused @ this step that says ADD beneficiaries MSISDN, what should I do? Pls somebody help me out

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by raymondinho7(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
please,how can I buy and share MB on etisalat
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
oaroloye:
I paid N1,100 for 1GB. of Data from a Campus Vendor (this thing is all the rage, now!)

I also bought 500MB. Data for my boyos., at N600 each.

However, I tried to check my balance, and got NOTHING on *559#, but 2 => 131 gave back a message saying:

>>>>Y'ELLO! Your 2 hrs I day Data plan has expired. Text 2H to 131 to buy another bundle. (Sic!)<<<

I am too old to be taking shocks like this!

One of my beneficiaries said he saw no evidence of my generosity!

Is my DATA out there, or have I been duped?

I went through something similar with AIRTEL's ANDROID Deal. The usual Balance-check numbers tell you nothing. You have to dial: *223#. They could have EXPLAINED that!

Why didn't they- more fun
Try *461*7#
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by tundezy23(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
It is real abi na scam
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by willian10: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Is it possible to select the amount of data i want to share?
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by NairaExam690(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2016
What about glo ?
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by sainthorlar: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2016
i tried register for data transfer with the codes but am getting a different respond like extra talk and extra data, pls kindly explain how i can go abt it

1 Like

Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Luwatea: 11:28am On Sep 19, 2016
PRE-ADMISSION PROGRAMMES FUNAAB OFFERSThis information is meant for all funaab aspirants(the not yet invited ones or the just coming ones),admissioninto federal Universities is very competitive but you applying for any of the following programs is gonna give you an Edge over others during the 2017 admission exercisePre-Degree ManagementA full-time, one-year pre-matriculation training programme targeting 100 Level admission into Management courses at FUNAAB.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=2MoreInfo:http://inhurd.unaab.edu.ng/index.php/programmes/pre-degree-programmesPre-DegreeScienceA full-time one-year pre-matriculation training programme targeting 100 Level admission into Science and Agriculture courses at FUNAAB.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=1JUPEBScienceAn Intensive and residential A-Level (Joint University Preliminary Examination Board -JUPEB) coaching programme targeting 200 Level admission into Science courses in Nigerian Universities.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=7MoreInfoJUPEB ManagementAn Intensive and residential A-Level (Joint University Preliminary Examination Board -JUPEB) coaching programme targeting 200 Level admission into Science courses in Nigerian Universities.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=7MoreInfoIJMB ManagementAn Intensive and residential A-Level (Joint University Preliminary Examination Board -JUPEB) coaching programme targeting 200 Level admission into Social Science courses in Nigerian Universities.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=8MoreInfoIJMB Science A full-timeA-level (Interim Joint Matriculation Board - IJMB) coaching programme targeting 200 Level admissioninto Social Science courses in Nigerian Universities.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=1008MoreInfoCambridge A'Level ScienceCambridge 'A' Level Programme a 10-month Intensive and residential programme. At the end of the programme,successful candidates are guaranteed admission into the 200 Level.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=3MoreInfo[image]Cambridge A'Level ManagementCambridge 'A' Level Programme a 10-month Intensive and residential programme. At the end of the programme, successful candidates are guaranteed admission into the 200 Level.Apply Now!:http://portal.unaab.edu.ng:93/Public/PreFill.aspx?progid=4MoreInfoMore info: go to @ inhurd.unaab.edu.ngNote:Funaab can't admit everybody even though the DVC(academics) said the supplementary "might" be out before themonth runs out,that doesn't mean all are going to be invited..Should incase you in need of help with the registration and accommodation (refreshing, cool,electricity supply, 247 water supply,standby generator for immediate backup. ........ For ur self-con, single room, flat..........Don't hesitate to buzz us on this digits.....+2348103364025, +2349034027695..Feel free to call us anytime please.... You don't wanna be left out am sure, so what are you still waiting for.... .
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by ify84(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
sainthorlar:
i tried register for data transfer with the codes but am getting a different respond like extra talk and extra data, pls kindly explain how i can go abt it

I tot na only me saw this
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
you can get MTN data for as low az500 for 1gig. check my thread on tec MKT
Re: How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria by Chydobe: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
Learn how to share data bundle to friends and families with mtn

http://www.newzified.com/mtn-nigeria-steps-to-data-sharing-using-mtn-network/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Unlock Iphone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6s/7/7s Imei Code Online Unlocker Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.