Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Superuser App, Explain - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Superuser App, Explain (788 Views)

Rooted With Vroot? Replace The Chinese Vroot Superuser App With Supersu / Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System / Who Can Explain What Airtel Means By This Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Superuser App, Explain by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
I don't know whether my Android tablet is rooted or not,but I always update it. I came across this app Superuser,and downloaded it,but I really don't know its actual functions in an unrooted or rooted Android tablet.
I have wikipediad it,I cant really fathom anything said,In a tech newbie talk what is its functions?
Re: Superuser App, Explain by LordReed(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
Think of Superuser as the controller of which apps have access to the core functions of your phone. It is only useful if you have root. You can check if you have root by installing root checker from the play store.
Re: Superuser App, Explain by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lord_Reed: Think of Superuser as the controller of which apps have access to the core functions of your phone. It is only useful if you have root. You can check if you have root by installing root checker from the play store.
I downloaded root checker app,it confirmed that my device has root access.Hence what are the needs of superuser and DriodVPN apps to my device?.
Re: Superuser App, Explain by LordReed(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
indigene:
I downloaded root checker app,it confirmed that my device has root access.Hence what are the needs of superuser and DriodVPN apps to my device?.

Without Superuser you won't be able to control access to your rooted phone. Everything including viruses will be able to modify your phone, you certainly don't want that. As for DroidVPN I don't have much experience with it so I don't know it's functions yet.

(1) (Reply)

Best 4G ISP Out There? / Samsung Galaxy S5 / How To Stop Spamming Annoying Message Frm Mtn And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.