Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System (2575 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Upgrade Of Maemo 5 Operating System On Nokia N900 To Andriod Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Collinz2(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
MAGIC #1

Found that nobody can create a
FOLDER anywhere on the
Computer which can be named as CON. This is something funny and
inexplicable?
At Microsoft the whole Team,
couldn't answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE
A "CON" FOLDER.
After Trying it, I thought it's
Impossible to Create a Folder with 3
letters but i was able to create many
Folders with just 3 letters but CON,
No way.

MAGIC #2

Again this is something funny and
can't be explained? At Microsoft the
whole Team, including Bill
Gates, couldn't answer why this
happened! It was discovered by a
Brazilian Programmer.
Try it out yourself. Open Microsoft
Word and type =rand(200,99) And
then press ENTER, Wait and see the
magic!
Is this a Bug or What??

MAGIC #3

Am sure you all know that a flight
number from one of the planes that
hit one of the two WTC towers in U.S
by Osama on 9/11 was Q33N. In Microsoft
Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N. Increase the font size to 72
then Change the font to Wingdings,
You will be amazed by the Findings,
You should see the Picture of a Plane,
2 Tower Building and a Symbol
meaning Danger..
This has actually
been in existence even before the
Incident... Microsoft should be able to
explain this.
Am sure by now, You should be
looking for your PC/Laptop to Try
them Out..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by dmjinc(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
You've got a mail from Dr Watson grin grin

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Mention(m): 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ok
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by flinton(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2014
Cool
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmm interestn, d 3rd point got me thinking

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Interesting
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Exjoker(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Explaination is needed indeed
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2014
true
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Collinz2(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2014
prettyboi1989: Hmmm interestn, d 3rd point got me thinking
no only u, when i saw it the first time i think abt it and now am still thinking.
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by simdam500(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2014
penquin: true
ve u tried it?
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by simdam500(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Op... I'll try it and give u feed back
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Odkboy23(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2014
I ve checked it, itz true, thanks op
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by NIGHTFOX: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Am coming... Lemme go check it...
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by dasphinx1(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2014
The 3rd point has really got me thinkin undecided
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by ubiplanet(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by dazekid(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2014
When you paste =rand(200,99) in microsoft word,you get a long hass document...How something as short as =rand(200,99) gets you over 500 pages of documents is an absolute marvel..

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by ITbomb(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2014
They can't explain why windows phone are not selling

3 Likes

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Pdizzle(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2014
ITbomb: They can't explain why windows phone are not selling

!
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by taurus21: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2014
Wow some freaky stuff! Tried it all and #2 544 pages of commands codes or something else I can't even understand.
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by nenergy(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2014
#2 is amazing!!! 543 pages of abracadabra. I wish i could arrange code for every paper work I have to do. Time to share this with my colleagues at work grin
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by missdebs(f): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2014
jesu o,ILLUMINATI o
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by 1one: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Freaky and amazing at the same time...

Tried all 3 of them, and they did exactly what the OP said.. Number 2 gave me 567 pages of text that I don't have time to start reading... Maybe on the 450th page one would find how Bill Gates truly made his money grin grin

That number 3 is quite mysterious... If it's coincidence, then it's one of the freakiest coincidences I've seen in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Generalkorex(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2014
wow
wow
wow
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by bullyman36(m): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lemme try it first to confirm before commenting
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by gift01: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Collinz2(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
missdebs: jesu o,ILLUMINATI o
seriously

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by computerboy: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by IboBoyNuel(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
That number three got me thinking.
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by tsleazy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
3 Things Nigerians can't explain: (1) How the Chibok girls got stolen (2) How Patience Jonathan got her degree (3) where our oyel (oil) subsidy money has gone to

2 Likes

Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by rattlesnake(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
VERY VERY old gist

https://www.nairaland.com/975916/3-things-microsoft-cannot-explain

1)Con
Just try creating a file/folder with a name “con” (without the quotes #obvious).
RESULT: You won’t be able to do that, its not possible

The same thing happens when you try these names : PRN, LPT1, LPT2, (…), LPT9, NUL, COM1, (…), COM9, and CLOCK$

2)Notepad Bug
As far as I know,this bug works only in windows XP ,still you can give it a try.

Open your notepad, type in “Bush hid the facts” ,save the file with any name you like, close it.
Reopen the file, this will be the view.
Re: Three Things That Microsoft Can't Explain About Their Operating System by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno 8h Droidpad Discussion Thread / Check Out This Amazing Phone On Jumia / seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.