Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Dad Does Not Go To Church - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Does Not Go To Church (893 Views)

Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On / My Dad Does Not Trust Me: What Do You Suggest? / My Dad Does Not Trust Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Does Not Go To Church by Cosmass(f): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hey Peeps,

I need advice on this issue. We know, we are not getting any younger,and as such our parents are also getting older. The problem here is that my dad, though, nice, good etc does not go to church. In his early 60's now and everytime when advising us his children, he mentions death a lot. I know church does not necessarily guarantee heaven but it will be nice at this age to start going sometimes, getting involved so at least even if death is not too far, you can be certain of the afterlife.

What can I do to solve this issue?
Re: Dad Does Not Go To Church by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Isit that he stopped going or he has never been there?
If it is the former, it will take the grace of God to make hi have a change of mind
If he just stopped going, you need to ask him why he stopped.
Ask ur mum about his attitudes @ home.
Re: Dad Does Not Go To Church by slimyem: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Why do you want to solve the issue?
Why do you think its an issue?
Does he believe in God?
Do you know whether he has a personal relationship with his maker?

Some people do not got to church but their lifestyle is more christ-like than a lot who do. Besides,being a church goer doesn't guarantee afterlife.

I believe he isn't senile yet so whatever his reasons are,please respect them and continue to pray for him if you will.
Re: Dad Does Not Go To Church by baby124: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
As long as hes a good man, a good husband and a good father. I dont see what the stress is. Please leave him alone abeg. Dont go and contaminate him. Religious houses can sometimes be filled with poison. cry
Re: Dad Does Not Go To Church by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 11, 2013
You should try asking him, his reasons for withdrawal and most importantly, pray for him. Though its not all abt going to Church o but it is very essential as a Christian.
Have the same problem with my dad... No doubt he is the best man i ever know, used to be the first to go to Church in those days, sometimes even 4 the pastor comes. His own started when he was made deacon, he never wanted that but was kinda forced on him after 15yrs of resistance. He also goes to work on sundays sometimes.

(1) (Reply)

Resentment Or . . . / MUST Read-father Of Deceased Nigerian Lady Who Wrote A Letter To Abusive Husband / Shocking: 41 Year Old Man Defiles & Infects 2 Year Old Girl With STD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.