Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? (10318 Views)

kite-flyers: When Was The Last Time You Saw This In Your Area? / When Was The Last Time You Cried And What Happened? / Help On How To Recharge A Generator Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Administrator: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2013
okpara ugo:

SUMEC FIRMAN PMS powered generator from 6500 to 10000 series.. Will serve you.

The only heavy equipment you got there is your washing machine. A 2800 can power your freezer, tv and lightings..

So are suggesting 3.0 or 3.5, which brand is the best and what is the cost implication.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by caprini: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Just bought one for my house in Ghana,serious cry
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by BARTY(m): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
MY GENERATOR WILL BE 7YEARS OLD NOVEMBER.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Last year.....still in perfect conditon....since PHCN r nw doin wat de knw hw to do best
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by IdeyVex1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bought my last generator 2009. Thinking of replacing it this year but where I live now, PHCN co-operates maximally. At least 16 hours of power supply daily. So I run an "i better pass my neighbour" for lightings, TV and to keep my fans operating when PHCN fails. I have had soup in my freezer for 3 weeks now and it has not defrosted. That is how efficient PHCN is now.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
lukaino: How often do you buy generators?
I am buying generators almost on a yearly basis. It has alway been the "i better pass my neighbour" i got a 2kva last year and i am hoping it will last for sometime. though my usage is very high as PHCN does what they know best. Looking forward to that day we would not need these in Nigeria

Have no fear. I got one in 2008 and i am still using it. My useage rate is about 3 times a week on average. What matters most is maintenance. Never try to play with that. Also ensure that spareparts are changed when they do need changing. My gen was also one of the first serious things I got as a young adult and I have lovingly taken care of it since then.It almost still looks brand new. grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by AroComputerCe(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
I buy Generating set every two years.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Rednose: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
lukaino: How often do you buy generators?
I am buying generators almost on a yearly basis. It has alway been the "i better pass my neighbour" i got a 2kva last year and i am hoping it will last for sometime. though my usage is very high as PHCN does what they know best. Looking forward to that day we would not need these in Nigeria

Actually, that day has come. You can do without a fuel generator. Why not install a solar system and save yourself some money and your health especially your ears.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by jpphilips(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: I just purchased a 20kva Cummins gen last month for 1.6m (plus commisioning) for my main home.

Will be purchasing another 5kva by July ending for my annex home.

Save money and purchase a big diesel generator.. They last longer than fuel generators and require less servicing.

this na camry money my mate use go buy generator, kai kai kai kai
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Josh316:

Bros, do you know what you are saying? Service ever 5000 hours ke? That gen will NOT last 1000hrs b4 it shuts down assuming its a computerised gen. Service is advised at least every 250-350 hours. With moderate use, 5000 hours is equivalent to 3years of use.

Sorry... Gen is 50 - 100 hours and Car is 5000 km.. Mix up
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by caprini: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
Just bought one today for my apartment in Accra Ghana.SMH seriously sad
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
The need for alternative source of power for hitch-free business operation and relaxation at home cannot be overemphasized. At SA Tecnical co. We help procure, service, maintain or repair your diesel power generating equipment such as Perkins, Cummins, Doyce, etc at the most reasonable price anyday, anytime anywhere nationwide! We give u good value for your money. A trial will so convince u. Hurry now- call the professionals on 08035283846, or 08020903922 or 08063896204
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by uglybetty: 7:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Just bought hyundai product but have not started using it.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
I've never bought a generator.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by rash47(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wow, see dis thread
Planning to buy one now, don't really know may be I should go for 'I pass my neihb',somtin more bigger or an inverter....chek nd balancing on d cost of maintenance
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by saleskara: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
one should not be buying generators often. if you need quality units you can visit http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/
uglybetty: Just bought hyundai product but have not started using it.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by SLADsys: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Experts in the house between TEC and Firman which brand is better, specifically between below models
Firman ECO8990ESR and Optima 9200RS 6.0/6.5Kw - Gas Generator. An urgent response would be highly appreciated with possibly authorised dealer/agents to buy from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(38) Pictures Of Insanely Flexible Women Across The World / Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Was Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Ms Stephanie Adaralegbe / Happy New Year Nairalanders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.