Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? (972 Views)

What Has God Done For You? / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
I asked God for a mansion in the Banana islands, yet even I have not smelled the land talkless of dreaming to buy it.
.. I asked God for a Car (Mercedes benz s500 AMG), even till now, nothing of such.
.. I asked God for a diplomatic visa, so that I can travel all around the world. Nothing.
.. I asked God that I want to be a celebrity just like D'banj etc, yet I'm only a celeb maybe among my friends.
.. I asked God that I want a site like facebook, no answer.
.. I asked God that I wanna be the richest man that ever lived. No answer.
.. I asked God for poverty in Africa to be so reduce and we all can communally live together, but yet things get worse
.. I asked God for so many things... Out of maybe 200 of my requests, only few have come to pass only if after I have worked hard for them.

Mathew 7.7 says "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

This bible verse was specific, strait forward. So why do you find lots of people praying for many years and yet no answer?

In some churches, for the past 10 years, they have been praying that witches in Nigeria should fall and die and you can still find out that today, that prayer is still profound. But our witches are waxing stronger. You can even see witches posing on facebook now doing the "swagg" thing.

Churches in Nigeria have prayed against poverty. Can I ask you if poverty has really reduced? Few years ago, poverty in Nigeria was just not high. But today, according to UN, 70% of Nigerians are poor.

So, can the spiritually gifted people explain all these phenomenon?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Sanboy25: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
I think that in complement to your prayers, you have to WORK HARD.
A verse says "God doesn't help those that doesn't help themselves." if you're a believer you should continue praying while working in order to achieve these goals.
As for those that have all these things, I can tell you that it's not (only) God who 'blessed' them. Some may have made some kind of contract with the dark side for material things while saying it's God who blessed them... undecided
Be careful and don't lose faith. wink
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Yea, I understand @sanboy. But why is it that prayer is not changing the position of poverty in Africa? Why is it that prayer is not changing the unemployment rate? Why why? Can a hard working man who has no Job be rich?
Can a bricklayers who's be praying ever since he's been a bricklayer not working hard enough?
Why is it that the richest people or rich people in the world are those who don't really pray and those who don't actually believe in any God?

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Sanboy25: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
solidbroda: Yea, I understand @sanboy. But why is it that prayer is not changing the position of poverty in Africa? Why is it that prayer is not changing the unemployment rate? Why why? Can a hard working man who has no Job be rich?
Can a bricklayers who's be praying ever since he's been a bricklayer not working hard enough?
Why is it that the richest people or rich people in the world are those who don't really pray and those who don't actually believe in any God?
Because Satan rules the world. He gives his believers material things right away whereas God like to promise things in the after-life.
If you want things right away you can sell your soul but there is no redemption after that, it will be Hell straight after death... undecided
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
If satan rules the world, why did God now keep creating us into his world. This is like we are already damned on arrival?

Besides, how many people can be true believers of God if they are in poverty? We have new sayings now that poverty is the root of all evil.

Poverty has been linked to sectarian violence, crime, prostitution, tribalism etc.

What is the chance of a poor man getting into heaven? So slim. Cos, no matter what a poor man does, he has to survive.

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Sanboy25: 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
solidbroda: If satan rules the world, why did God now keep creating us into his world. This is like we are already damned on arrival?
Of course we are, all because of Adam & Eve who ate the fruit thus disobeying to God. smiley
solidbroda: Besides, how many people can be true believers of God if they are in poverty? We have new sayings now that poverty is the root of all evil.
Well it's more easy for poor people to believe in God than the rich,
as Karl Marx said: 'Religion is the opium of people'. Rich don't care about God because they already have all what they want on earth... poor people sees him like a 'hope' and rely on him for everything thus leading them to inactivity. If people want the country to change they should get their b/u/t/t up and create the changes they want to see. God alone is not the solution to all the problems, that's what the poor believe thus the reason they remain poor...

solidbroda: Poverty has been linked to sectarian violence, crime, prostitution, tribalism etc.
I wouldn't really blame poverty for these, I'd say it's more because of envy/coveting. It's because you see people that are better off than you that you envy them, then feelings like anger/injustice will rise in your heart and you'll want to have what they own by all means even by force = violence... undecided
solidbroda: What is the chance of a poor man getting into heaven? So slim. Cos, no matter what a poor man does, he has to survive.
"It's more easy for a camel to pass in a needle's hole than a rich to enter Heaven" says the Bible... undecided God have a good life for poor people but only once they have died, in the after-life. undecided
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
I agree with you on karl Marx and that God cannot solve all our problems...
However, I'm more puzzled when you said that God made heaven for the poor as there own reward. In your own word, you said: "God have a good life for poor people
but only once they have died, in the after-life."

Are you meaning to say poor people sinners and no sinners are equally and likely to go to heaven?
Are you saying the rich are automatically damned?
Are u saying being poor is a gift?
And being rich is really a curse?
Once you are poor, you are good to go, into heaven of cause.
And being rich, you are going to hell of course.

"Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's
dwelling, but a foolish man devours it"..prove 21:20. The bible discussed here about being rich and yet being poor is a gateway to heaven
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Sanboy25: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
solidbroda: However, I'm more puzzled when you said that God made heaven for the poor as there own reward "God have a good life for poor people but only once they have died, in the after-life."
I meant that God gave hope to the poor with the eternal life promise, that's why poor endure that kind of life, because they think that they'll be rewarded at the end a.k.a 'death'.
Poor believers also believe that 'God Doesn't give them more than what they can bear.' so all these verse help them to accept the bitter truth of their miserable life.... undecided

solidbroda: Are you meaning to say poor people sinners and no sinners are equally and likely to go to heaven?
Are you saying the rich are automatically damned?
Lol of course not, poor sinners will go to Hell and the rich believers can also go to Heaven. smiley BUT the Bible says that it is more easy for the poor to go in Heaven than the rich because of all what the poor has endureth on Earth, they are more likely to be strong believers. The rich, because they have a good life on Earth doesn't realize the benefits of benefits of believing in God since they already have a fulfilled life... undecided
solidbroda: Are u saying being poor is a gift?
And being rich is really a curse?

Well the Bible puts it like that yes. Being poor means that you are more likely to have a strong & unwavering faith in God while being rich you're distracted by material things thus forgetting about God. Do you know the story of 'Lazarus and the poor man' ? That's the perfect example of what I'm saying. smiley
solidbroda: Once you are poor, you are good to go, into heaven of cause.
And being rich, you are going to hell of course.
That's not really what I said, this is a caricature... undecided
It's MORE EASY for the poor to enter Heaven than the rich (see why above). smiley

solidbroda: "Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's
dwelling, but a foolish man devours it"..prove 21:20. The bible discussed here about being rich and yet being poor is a gateway to heaven
I don't know of that verse but I know what I'm talking about wink
Too bad I don't know my Bible precisely, I can't quote any verse... undecided
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:37am On Jun 11, 2013
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

grin
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Heatblast(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Spot on!!!!
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
a noun who does not believe in God is praying fantasy, who is being deceived?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123: a noun who does not believe in God is praying fantasy, who is being deceived?
Answer the question. Besides, do you want to tell us that all your prayer requests for the past 10 years have been answered?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda:
Answer the question. Besides, do you want to tell us that all your prayer requests for the past 10 years have been answered?
You already managed to tell us that you received some answers to your prayers. Do you do everything you are told to do?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda: I asked God for a mansion in the Banana islands, yet even I have not smelled the land talkless of dreaming to buy it.
.. I asked God for a Car (Mercedes benz s500 AMG), even till now, nothing of such.
.. I asked God for a diplomatic visa, so that I can travel all around the world. Nothing.
.. I asked God that I want to be a celebrity just like D'banj etc, yet I'm only a celeb maybe among my friends.
.. I asked God that I want a site like facebook, no answer.
.. I asked God that I wanna be the richest man that ever lived. No answer.
.. I asked God for poverty in Africa to be so reduce and we all can communally live together, but yet things get worse
.. I asked God for so many things... Out of maybe 200 of my requests, only few have come to pass only if after I have worked hard for them.

Mathew 7.7 says "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

This bible verse was specific, strait forward. So why do you find lots of people praying for many years and yet no answer?

In some churches, for the past 10 years, they have been praying that witches in Nigeria should fall and die and you can still find out that today, that prayer is still profound. But our witches are waxing stronger. You can even see witches posing on facebook now doing the "swagg" thing.

Churches in Nigeria have prayed against poverty. Can I ask you if poverty has really reduced? Few years ago, poverty in Nigeria was just not high. But today, according to UN, 70% of Nigerians are poor.

So, can the spiritually gifted people explain all these phenomenon?
GOD DONT BLESS PEOPLE IN HELL. YOU ARE UNDER PUNISHMENT. NOW TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN AND QUIT YAPPING LIKE A PUPPY angry wink
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by JeSoul(f): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
James 4:3
When you pray for things, you don't get them because you want them for the wrong reason-for your own pleasure.

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
obadiah777: GOD DONT BLESS PEOPLE IN HELL. YOU ARE UNDER PUNISHMENT. NOW TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN AND QUIT YAPPING LIKE A PUPPY angry wink
punishment? What punishment? Atheist achieve more than any religious believer on earth
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
JeSoul: James 4:3
When you pray for things, you don't get them because you want them for the wrong reason-for your own pleasure.

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
thank you for your reply. But since I pray against poverty in African nation, against hunger in africa, I pray against diseases also for african etc etc. Are they for my pleasure too so that's why God is not answering U know what going on in most African nations? Churches pray all the time. All these things get worse. What is ur answer on this?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda: thank you for your reply. But since I pray against poverty in African nation, against hunger in africa, I pray against diseases also for african etc etc. Are they for my pleasure too so that's why God is not answering U know what going on in most African nations? Churches pray all the time. All these things get worse. What is ur answer on this?

If you are waiting for a coherent response, you can wait till thy kingdom come.
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Sanboy25: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you are waiting for a coherent response, you can wait till thy kingdom come.
lol grin
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda: punishment? What punishment? Atheist achieve more than any religious believer on earth
AHHH BUT YOU DO ERR. ITS PAY NOW ENJOY LATER OR ENJOY NOW AND PAY LATER. CHOICE IS YOURS
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

If you are waiting for a coherent response, you can wait till thy kingdom come.
lol. Badt guy. All these born again that they themselves don't understand why they are born again. When u ask them why, they tell you God is a mystery. grin and works in mysterious ways. No further explanation, nothing. They say God cannot be explained. However, the only coherent explanation is by Karl Marx: "Men are the product and producer of the society" this quote is if explained can go on and on. Religion is man made, just as the concept of God. Everything is man made. What man creates is now what is being used to control other gullible men.
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda: thank you for your reply. But since I pray against poverty in African nation, against hunger in africa, I pray against diseases also for african etc etc. Are they for my pleasure too so that's why God is not answering U know what going on in most African nations? Churches pray all the time. All these things get worse. What is ur answer on this?
AND I REPEAT. THE BLACK MAN IS UNDER PUNISHMENT >>>> AMOS 3 VS 2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities >>>>> 1 PETER 4 VS 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
obadiah777: AND I REPEAT. THE BLACK MAN IS UNDER PUNISHMENT >>>> AMOS 3 VS 2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities >>>>> 1 PETER 4 VS 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
the same God of you that said he is all loving, is also the same God that what's to kill everyone. What an irony. Who created iniquity? (God said he made all things). Why does ur god wants to destroy us with what he created?
Christian Religion 2.1 billion,
Islam: 1.3 or .5 billion.
Indu almost 1 billion, scientology: 500k etc. So, out of the christian religion, 1 quarter of the population won't go to heaven. Added with the other religion, making over 6billlion souls damned! Now, God will punish billions of soul for the iniquity he created? What!!!
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
solidbroda: the same God of you that said he is all loving, is also the same God that what's to kill everyone. What an irony. Who created iniquity? (God said he made all things). Why does ur god wants to destroy us with what he created?
Christian Religion 2.1 billion,
Islam: 1.3 or .5 billion.
Indu almost 1 billion, scientology: 500k etc. So, out of the christian religion, 1 quarter of the population won't go to heaven. Added with the other religion, making over 6billlion souls damned! Now, God will punish billions of soul for the iniquity he created? What!!!
NOBODY SAID GOD IS ALL LOVING. YOU HEARD THAT GARBAGE IN OYEDEPO AND OYAKHILOMES CHURCH BEFORE THEY GAVE YOU THE COLLECTION PLATE FOR YOUR TITHE MONEY >>>>>> ROMANS 9 VS 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated <<< GOD HATES

LUKE 19 VS 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me <<< HE HAS ENEMIES cheesy YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY EH ? wink
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by omitusaf(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
The Bible says that we ask, and do not receive, because we ask amiss (James 4:3). God can only provide for us the things He knows are necessary for us. Of course He can give wealth and other things, but He will never give such things at the detriment of our fellowship with Him. God blesses us to bless others.

Majority of us quote Matthew 7: 7 out of context. There is a condition underlying the principle of asking and receiving. This is found in John 15: 7. It is only when we are ''in Christ'' that we have access to His storehouse. Our fellowship with Him must be strong. As we do so, He has pledged to give us all we desire.

It might also require more effort in praying. Don't lose hope. If you ''in Him'', He will surely provide all you ask.

Peace.
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On May 08, 2023
omitusaf:
■ The Bible says that we ask, and do not receive, because we ask amiss (James 4:3). God can only provide for us the things He knows are necessary for us. Of course He can give wealth and other things, but He will never give such things at the detriment of our fellowship with Him. God blesses us to bless others. Majority of us quote Matthew 7: 7 out of context. There is a condition underlying the principle of asking and receiving. This is found in John 15: 7. It is only when we are ''in Christ'' that we have access to His storehouse. Our fellowship with Him must be strong. As we do so, He has pledged to give us all we desire.
It might also require more effort in praying. Don't lose hope. If you ''in Him'', He will surely provide all you ask.Peace.
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

You need to understand the meaning of the word "amiss" in order to realize what James was instead trying to tell you in that verse that you pulled from his epistle. If you consult Webster's dictionary, you will find that the word means to be in an imperfect state, a state that is not in the right order aka unrighteous.
Amiss

1. : not being in accordance with the right order. : faulty, imperfect.
What James was saying in that verse is that the reason you do not receive from God is that you are asking in an unrighteous state—a state that is not in accordance with God's mandate of righteousness. So, clearly, you cannot benefit anything from remaining in an unrighteous state as far as God is concerned. That is what God said, and James reiterated it in that verse there. undecided
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On May 09, 2023
Sanboy25:
I think that in complement to your prayers, you have to WORK HARD.
A verse says "God doesn't help those that doesn't help themselves." if you're a believer you should continue praying while working in order to achieve these goals.
As for those that have all these things, I can tell you that it's not (only) God who 'blessed' them. Some may have made some kind of contract with the dark side for material things while saying it's God who blessed them... undecided
Be careful and don't lose faith. wink
If the wealth and things of the world are what OP wants, then he is better off abandoning God to focus fully on acquiring it to his hearts desire. God is not for those who are looking to amass treasures in this world as He instead urged His followers to save their treasures in Heaven meaning they are to hold on to nothing here on earth. undecided
Re: Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? by Kobojunkiee: 10:09pm On May 11, 2023
■ If satan rules the world, why did God now keep creating us into his world. This is like we are already damned on arrival?
■ Besides, how many people can be true believers of God if they are in poverty? We have new sayings now that poverty is the root of all evil. Poverty has been linked to sectarian violence, crime, prostitution, tribalism etc. What is the chance of a poor man getting into heaven? So slim. Cos, no matter what a poor man does, he has to survive.
1. Correction, God did not create you rather your father and your mother chose to birth you into this world.

2. Did you not read where Jesus Christ said blessed are the poor for theirs is the Kingdom of God. It is easier for a poor man to enter the Kingdom of God than for a rich man to do so, so stop making ridiculous excuses. undecided

(1) (Reply)

She Wants To Know If She Can Wear This To Church / 4 Million Muslim Worshipers World-wide Attend 29th Annual Maulud Of Sheikh Nyass / ISIS Teacher Turned To The Bible Because He Became "Sick Of Killing''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.