Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (15120 Views)

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
There have been accusations that Christians worship 3 gods, however after careful study we find out that this accusation is unfounded.

For indeed God is ONE.

I want this thread to be used as a place for discussion about the nature of God as is clearly defined in the bible, since the word Trinity is never used once in the Bible, but by implication we confirm that indeed God is recognised as Holy Spirit , Son and Father.

Not one of us will dare question the above fact.

However , I read a book called If the Bible Taught the Trinity, I'd Believe It by Michael Holcomb , only a few pages, and he clearly explained why God is 1 and not 3 persons.

At the end, I came to agree and believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost not as 3 distinct persons but 1 GOD.

This is not a conclusive matter, I sincerely want some serious bible scholars to help talk about this and explain better to the benefit of all and sundry.

Thank You.

[Col 1:26,27] Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by PastorKun(m): 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2012
Whilst I believe in God the father almighty, Jesus christ his son and the holy spirit their representative, I have never and would never subscribe to the unbiblical concept of trinity which suggests the three make up one God or they are co-equal. Jesus made it clear several times that the Father is greater than him and he is subject to the will of his father hence I find the concept of trinity blasphemous and full of loop holes. I know a lot of my christian brethen subscribe to this man derived doctrine but I would still make bold to say it is not right.

Ps: having made my point, I would refrain from further comments on this topic as the subject matter often gets unnecessarily emotionally charged.

4 Likes

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Maisuya1: 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ frosbel no doubt you have a very good grasp of the concept. But my major worry is

1.every time I meet a Christian they all have unique understanding of trinity, with majority understanding it as 3 separate PERSONALITY, ie. Father, son and holy spirit.

2. The matter is not helped by the fact that its explanation is not categorical or unequivocal in the bible (I mean detailed by God or his prophets)

3. Church teachings aside, any first reader of the bible from genesis to revelations, will most likely come out with an understanding of oneness of God than of trinity.

1 Like

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by numo86(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
d apostles warned several times about how philosophies of men will creep into d church & turn many away,
Not long after all d apostles died then came philosophers with there upside down thoughts,
Tertullian in an effort to run away from the theory of MODALISM,came up with the trinity concept, and here we are in a world where almost all professed christians believe in the trinity, the artesians in collaboration with philosophers propounded this dogma that has caused so much confusion, if Jesus never believed in the trinity & taught it why should we humans insinuate d doctrine & force it on Yahweh & Jesus his son
, it was becos of the trinity pagan oriented dogma that d holy spirit was forced into d trinity set up,
Have u all not wondered why when ever d trinity issue comes up much of d argument 95% of it focuses on God & his son,while 5% is for d holy spirit, d founders of this dogma thought of how to add a 3rd figure to fit into the pagan formular(trinity), pagans have long in advance always worshiped there gods in triads, in egypt,greece & in babylon triune gods were d order of d day, and Yahweh always warned his servants not to even go close to dis nations because of there worshipin false/triune gods,
To our greatest surprise here are acclaimed followers of christ worshipin God in d triad form,
There's somethin that Jesus told the samaritan woman by d well side that makes me know that d trinity teachin is so crazy, Jesus even acknowledged who & only who we shuld worship & whom he worshiped,
John 4:22,25&26
If any1 would boldly tell us about trinity it should be nobody else but Jesus, but he didnt,
all Jesus did was tell & remind us of who we should render exclusive devotion to, infact 1 of d main reasons Jesus came from heaven was to explain almighty God to us & explain he did, Jesus boldly told d samaritan woman that he knows whom he worships and also boldly told her that he is the sent messiah(christ) that they'v all been expecting,
.Jesus, several times emphasized that his Father is greater than he is,
@ john 17:3 he used his own mouth to proclaim Yahweh as d only true God,
Only trinitarians/philosophers wuld read d bible & believe there r 3 gods in 1,

2 Likes

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
I'm not seeing sweetnecta/lagosshia around. the guy will be really happy with this thread @frosbel
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
God + God + God = God

God is one, and otherwise unquantifiable

smiley

white + white + white, does it ever become more white, less white, or just white?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2012
^^^Or, God is Three and God is One.  smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 12:25am On Feb 14, 2012
Enigma:

^^^Or, God is Three and God is One.  smiley

cool
Ah, nice! What a way to put it. What a divine mystery. Lol. . .
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 12:35am On Feb 14, 2012
smiley

Actually, not an original; rather from: the hymn Firmly I believe and truly sung below to the tune 'Shipston' (one of "fat Ralph's"wink.

[flash=400,300]http://youtube.com/v/ESKkgR16VZc[/flash]

EDIT: Just check out the last verse!  smiley

Adoration aye be given
With and through th'angelic host
To the God of earth and heaven
Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 12:48am On Feb 14, 2012
^^^

cheesy Refreshing hymn!

Reminds me of the Baptist Church where I grew up smiley

Thanks for sharing
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 1:17am On Feb 14, 2012
@InesQor; Good math man. I hope you are not doing anybody's tax. He will need to answer to the tax man because your 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 since God + God + God = God in your book instead of 3 Gods or Gods.

I see your Brother Enigma is trying his own gimmick, too, above.

@Frosbel: « on: Yesterday at 06:49:49 PM »
[Quote]There have been accusations that Christians worship 3 gods, however after careful study we find out that this accusation is unfounded.[/Quote]I wanna read how you come about your new math to point away from 3 gods. I say your thinking is unfounded. You are accusing reason and intelligence.

[Quote]For indeed God is ONE.[/Quote]We read what you said. But are you sincere or you are just throwing up smokes?

[Quote]I want this thread to be used as a place for discussion about the nature of God as is clearly defined in the bible, since the word Trinity is never used once in the Bible, but by implication we confirm that indeed God is recognised as Holy Spirit , Son and Father.[/Quote]By implication do you really have 1 God here since a whole is always a whole and many wholes are not just a whole? How is it possible that 1 God is recognized full as a full 1 God  when we talk about Holy Spirit, then Son is a full 1 God at the same time and Father is also a full 1 God, all existing at the same time? DO you still have 1 God or you really have 3 of 1 full God, to really mean 3 full Gods? Please respond to me, because I am on my way to your village in arochukwu to get me 1 assistant in 3 streets and say to the people by implication i only have 1 assistant from the village so I only pay a full salary for 1 assistant.

[Quote]Not one of us will dare question the above fact.[/Quote]I do. Unless you will allow me to take 3 computers away from your store and pay you for just 1 computer?

[Quote]However , I read a book called If the Bible Taught the Trinity, I'd Believe It by Michael Holcomb , only a few pages, and he clearly explained why God is 1 and not 3 persons.[/Quote]If your boss were to read this silly argument you are presenting here for 1 God instead of the 3 Gods we know the christians to be saying about 1 full God Jesus, another full God the Holy Spirit and another full God Jehovah, he should relieve you of your employment. People like you will not survive in m establishment because I will simply deem you a fraud frosbel.

[Quote]At the end, I came to agree and believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost not as 3 distinct persons but 1 GOD.[/Quote]Is God the father not a full God and independent of all? That's 1 complete God if He is.
Then is God the son not a full God and independent of all? That's 1 another complete God if He is.
Then is God the Holt Spirit not a full God and independent of all? That's 1 yet another complete God if He is.
How many 1 complete God do we have above, Frosbel? Even your children will say 1, 2, 3 complete Gods.

[Quote]This is not a conclusive matter, I sincerely want some serious bible scholars to help talk about this and explain better to the benefit of all and sundry.[/Quote]People dont have to be so specialized to know that there is 3 Gods above; Jesus, Holy Spirit and Jehovah. If you say that just 1, then understand that one 1 person has responded to you; He is Pastor Kun, he is Enigma and she is diluminati. Its not 3 respondents, but 1 respondent.
You see how silly and naive you are? return home and give back the diploma they gave you by mistake because the VC was unnecessarily happy.

[Quote]Thank You.[/Quote]Thank God for you to have presented this opportunity.

[Quote][Col 1:26,27] Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,[/Quote]Generation today is 20 years. Generations have to be multiples of 20 years. Let see how long Jesus was lifted up and Paul penned this. You will see that even Jesus was shown the mystery, too.

[Quote] but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:[/Quote]Jesus didnt know this about himself. It is Paul that it was revealed to. Either Paul was the another comforter that Jesus promised or Paul was the one who brought about the wrong that the another comforter must later corrected.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 1:42am On Feb 14, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@InesQor; Good math man. I hope you are not doing anybody's tax. He will need to answer to the tax man because your 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 since God + God + God = God in your book instead of 3 Gods or Gods.

Olabowale! Long time smiley
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 2:29am On Feb 14, 2012
I dont know why every freakin person is calling Olabowale. Is every muslim a cookie cutter of one another?
I dont you sir, so find Olabowale to say your long time.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 3:01am On Feb 14, 2012
Sweetnecta:

I dont know why every freakin person is calling Olabowale. Is every muslim a cookie cutter of one another?
I dont you sir, so find Olabowale to say your long time.

grin grin grin
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by grailife(m): 9:26am On Feb 14, 2012
Mattew 28. 16-20
The eleven disciples went to the hill in Galilee where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshipped him, even though some of them doubted. Jesus drew near and said to them, I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Whilst I believe in God the father almighty, Jesus christ his son and the holy spirit their representative, I have never and would never subscribe to the unbiblical concept of trinity which suggests the three make up one God or they are co-equal.

God is 1 not 3. We are in agreement.

However you are wrong when you use the word coequal , because what is 1 cannot be 3 and therefore has nothing to relate to in terms of equality.

Jesus made it clear several times that the Father is greater than him and he is subject to the will of his father hence I find the concept of trinity blasphemous and full of loop holes. I know a lot of my christian brethen subscribe to this man derived doctrine but I would still make bold to say it is not right.

Jesus Christ was subject to father while in the flesh, a voluntary action he took to take on the form of a Man for our sakes.

"Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;  rather, he made himself nothing    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!" - Philippians 2:6-8

Otherwise Jesus Christ in his current form is the embodiment of GOD bodily.

"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits[h] of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" - Colossians 2:8-9

2 Likes

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
Mai-suya:

@ frosbel no doubt you have a very good grasp of the concept. But my major worry is

1.every time I meet a Christian they all have unique understanding of trinity, with majority understanding it as 3 separate PERSONALITY, ie. Father, son and holy spirit.

I also grappled with this for a while, and cannot agree in 3 distinct persons, I only believe in 1 God. So God the father , his Spirit the Spirit and the Son who is God in bodily form, a great mystery indeed.

2. The matter is not helped by the fact that its explanation is not categorical or unequivocal in the bible (I mean detailed by God or his prophets)

True.

This is a catholic doctrine , and considering this is the same catholic church that worships dead saints and statues, the concept of their Trinity doctrine is very suspect in my opinion.

3. Church teachings aside, any first reader of the bible from genesis to revelations, will most likely come out with an understanding of oneness of God than of trinity.

Agreed.

I personally had my objections in the past, but in today's church , the moment you mention your opinions, they call you a heretic and try to excommunicate you.

We should be allowed to discuss these important issues, because I think this is where Muslims particularly are confused, especially when the bible mentions quite clearly that God is one, but then you hear Christians saying he is 3 different persons, I think this is deceptive.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Frosbel: « #15 on: Today at 07:43:03 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Pastor Kun on Yesterday at 07:01:12 PM
Whilst I believe in God the father almighty, Jesus christ his son and the holy spirit their representative, I have never and would never subscribe to the unbiblical concept of trinity which suggests the three make up one God or they are co-equal.

God is 1 not 3. We are in agreement.[/Quote]You will calculate 3 from your computer, or are 3 pizza pies still 1 pizza pie?

[Quote]However you are wrong when you use the word coequal , because what is 1 cannot be 3 and therefore has nothing to relate to in terms of equality.[/Quote]
1]. Is Jesus God? Yes on no?

2]. Is Holy Spirit God? Another yes or no?

3]. Is Jehovah God? Yet another yes or no?

How many Gods and how many yes[es] and nos in the 3 questions?

Is there anyone of them that is not God?

I want your conscience to worry you to death.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by lepasharon(f): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2012
My favourite bible scripture as it makes it very clear.

God alone should be worshipped!

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel: « #15 on: Today at 07:43:03 PM »You will calculate 3 from your computer, or are 3 pizza pies still 1 pizza pie?

Still at your usual rambling, aye grin

God is ONE and my conscience is as relaxed as 'ice water' cheesy
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by grailife(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
@frosbel please who are the dead saints that your talking about! Moses and elijah(taken up to heaven in chariot of fire) that appeared during Jesus transfiguration are they not dead? Hope u remember that our God is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. U might as well say that Saint. Mary the mother of Jesus is dead.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
@Frosbel: « #19 on: Today at 09:44:59 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 08:09:40 PM
@Frosbel: « #15 on: Today at 07:43:03 PM »You will calculate 3 from your computer, or are 3 pizza pies still 1 pizza pie?

Still [/b]at your usual rambling, aye Grin[/Quote]Opposite people. It is eya. How quickly you forget like the need to be immediately corrected disciples. Remember the pentecost? I knew you will never put yourself through speaking the truth. You saw 3 gods staring you down, you blinked and ran away.

[Quote]God is ONE[/Quote]In the Bibles of the Christians. You have God the Father which is Jehovah.
God the son which is Jesus.
God the Holy Spirit which is nameless.

[Quote] and my conscience is as [b]relaxed as 'ice water'
Cheesy[/Quote]Relaxed ice water? Wow. Thats strange because after hair relaxer, woman hair is relaxed. How is your "ice water" relaxed now? Please dont give anybody heave water to drink, abeg.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ frosbel,

The person of Jesus Christ has continued to generate controversy among men since he was born. That is because the idea men have of God is that God is one person and no other being can act or do what he does. So when Jesus came and said God was his father and that he is the son of God the controversy started. And to add to it Jesus promised that yet another would come who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has generated lots of controversy among men since Jesus mentioned him. Muslims claim Mohammed is the person Jesus talked about, Jehovah witnesses say the Holy Spirit is not a being but a force, some have even claimed that we only have Jesus and the father etc  

If John 1:1 is true then God has generally defined may not be the case. The Word was with God in the beginning and was God himself. Yet Jesus also mentioned to his disciples that they should baptize in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. In other parts of the bible it is recorded that there are three that bears witness in heaven the father, the son and the Holy spirit. Also Jesus talked about him sitting at the right hand of God. From this understanding the church creed says "One God,  three persons"

We also know from the book of Hebrews that Jesus is doing the job of the high priest i.e he intercedes on our behalf. He his the intermediary between us and God. The Holy Spirit expressly said things in the new testament and yes even today he still speaks. While we often refer to the father as God, the son and the Holy Spirit shares the same nature with him. As a matter of fact Jesus made it plain in John 5 where he said all the father can do the son also can do. The three do not compete nor are they co joined ( as some represent the Godhead). They are three separate beings yet they are the same in purpose.

The Nicene creed captures it well :

[center][center]
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen. [/center][/center]
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 11:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^ The confusion in part arises from a lack of understanding or misunderstanding of the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Bible says (a) the Father is God; (b) Jesus is God; and (c) the Holy Spirit is God.

That already tells us that there is something to grapple with beyond normal human perception.

From a purely intellectual (rather than a spiritual) perspective, a proper understanding of the concept of consubstantiality can be of considerable help.

By the way, the Trinity doctrine is indeed a catholic doctrine but not simply a Roman Catholic doctrine. To say it is a c[/i]atholic doctrine simply means it is a doctrine of the [i]universal church. Check the following link to see how far back the Trinity doctrine had been recognised in one form or another waaaay before the Roman Catholic Church. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.64.html#msg7181702

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 15, 2012
@belabela GOD bless you. You have said it all, for those making blatant argument and using human ideology to explain spiritual things read ''JOHN 1:1-14'' if the bible could refer to Jesus as God then who are you to question that. We are not saying there are 3 different God but that there 3 persons in the God head worting for the salvation of mankind.
In mathew 28:19 Jesus himself spoke about it when he said:
'' go yes then and preach to all nations_BAPTISING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND OF THE HOLY GHOST'' what else do you want in 1 JOHN 5:7 the bible say 3 things give witness in heaven THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. Pls read your bible well, question what your pastors are tell you through extensive studying of the BIBLE. Thank you
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 15, 2012
@belabela GOD bless you. You have said it all, for those making blatant argument and using human ideology to explain spiritual things read ''JOHN 1:1-14'' if the bible could refer to Jesus as God then who are you to question that. We are not saying there are 3 different Gods but that there 3 persons in the God head working for the salvation of mankind.
'' go yes then and preach to all nations_BAPTISING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND OF THE HOLY GHOST'' what else do you want in 1 JOHN 5:7 the bible say 3 things give witness in heaven THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. Pls read your bible well, question what your pastors are tell you through extensive studying of the BIBLE. Thanks
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by numo86(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2012
eliment:

@belabela GOD bless you. You have said it all, for those making blatant argument and using human ideology to explain spiritual things read ''JOHN 1:1-14'' if the bible could refer to Jesus as God then who are you to question that. We are not saying there are 3 different Gods but that there 3 persons in the God head working for the salvation of mankind.
'' go yes then and preach to all nations_BAPTISING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON AND OF THE HOLY GHOST'' what else do you want in 1 JOHN 5:7 the bible say 3 things give witness in heaven THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. Pls read your bible well, question what your pastors are tell you through extensive studying of the BIBLE. Thanks

Yahweh himself once refered to moses as a God, do u worship moses?
The bible also refers to satan as a God, do u worship satan?
My problem wit y'all is the word elohim or el can apply to any bein other than Yahweh,
Did d bible ever tell u that Jesus is d God of isreal,d God of isaac & Jacobor where did Jesus ever use his own mouth to say he is the God of isreal & so we all should worship him??Yahweh always declared who he was & asked for absolute worship from d isrealites,infact he commanded them to worship only him(Yahweh),,
If Jesus is the 1 God then he should hav declared it with his own mouth when he came & after his ascension, but how could he when he worshiped some1 else??
When u mention God be specific which 1 ur mentioning because u urself can be a God,
These are d reasons why the only true God has a name, and u guys fail to use that name just to get away with trinity,
, Jesus worships a supreme being,& that supreme being is the one Jesus himself encouraged all of us to worship,
Jesus is a God(elohim) by his high position in heaven & also d much authority he was given but he is not the 1 true God he himself spoke about @ john 17:3, 1corinthians 8:5 & 6 should help too,
i'l give u an example of title wahala, all the angels in heaven are called "morning stars" @ job 38:7 & so is Jesus called too @ revelation 2:28,/22:16, But does that make Jesus on the same level with d other angels or does that mean they share a morning star head with Jesus?
It only just describes Jesus that he shares some certain things wit d angels & it also describes his nature too
But 1 thing is established,the 1 true God cannot be called a morning star because he isnt never will be, now thats the big difference between Yahweh & Jesus, them no be mate
the apostles knew what they wrote in those scriptures, They werent drunks,
No matter how they use vague or some confusing expressions they always @ d end of it all clarify issues by pin pointing who alone is God which is Yahweh, d apostles always worshiped Yahweh not d messiah, they werent drunk to have done that,
And mind u please open to other translations and read that same 1john 5:7 & 8 and tell me if king james wasnt driven by his trinity mentality to fix those words into d bible, please do that
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Snowwy: 7:16am On Feb 15, 2012
1 John 5:7

7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (KJV)
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by numo86(m): 7:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Snowwy:

1 John 5:7

7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (KJV)

Please compare wit other translations,
I could just help u out, see verse 7 from other translations,

New International Version (©1984) For there are three that testify:
New Living Translation (©2007) So we have these three witnesses--
English Standard Version (©2001) For there are three that testify:
New American Standard Bible (©1995) For there are three that testify:

U dey see am?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Snowwy: 7:55am On Feb 15, 2012
numo86:

Please compare wit other translations,
I could just help u out, see verse 7 from other translations,

New International Version (©1984) For there are three that testify:
New Living Translation (©2007) So we have these three witnesses--
English Standard Version (©2001) For there are three that testify:
New American Standard Bible (©1995) For there are three that testify:

U dey see am?

@numo86,
please are you questioning the integrity of KJV? Let us get this straight.
All the versions you mentioned are basically newer then KJV, so are you saying the older version (KJV) is wrong while the newer version is right?

Read Romans 8:1-2 of KJV and NIV, let me paste it for you:

[i]Romans 8:1-2 (KJV)
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[/color][/i]

[color=#000099]Romans 8:1-2 (NIV)
1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death.

Did you notice that NIV does not have 'who walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit?' as seen in KJV?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2012
Of course Jesus called Himself God.  smiley

Rev 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"  says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

See also https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.64.html#msg6785867

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2012
Of this there can be no dispute that Jesus Christ is GOD.

The baseline is this, that God is expressed as the Father , Son and Spirit.

However I cannot agree in the 3 persons explanation, because 3 persons means 3 different beings yet co-equal according to some.

Also we have to be careful when we keep referring to the early church, because somewhere around the 3rd century, false doctrine started to creep into the church as a result of the infiltration of Greek philosophers.

Our standard is the BIBLE, period.

God made man in his image, we have a spirit, soul and body but yet we are one. For example you will not say there is Frosbel's body, his spirit is in New York while his soul is on a vacation. This is plain madness.

When you read the book of revelation at the very end , it mentions God and Jesus Christ on the throne , but not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is simply God's Spirit present in the entire universe.

"The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever."

Finally while catholic does mean universal church, the context of catholic here is the Roman catholic church , a church that is wrapped in paganism and one that enforced these doctrines including the trinity by murder, torture and excommunication.

God is one, God is one and God is one.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / Another Nigerian Pastor Involved In A Scam (Sunday Adelaja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.