Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Tithe not working , please help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe not working , please help (3992 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
The Question

Okay, I tithed $120 this pay check and then next week I don’t get paid yet I have to pay several bills so I charged them all on my credit card because I had no cash to cover them. Is this a cheerful giver? NO. I keep getting further in debt because I never have enough until the next pay. This has been 7 years and I have never received a financial blessing. Why should I keep tithing and going further in debt and never receive anything in return?

J from Unknown Location

http://www.hannahscupboard.com/ST-tithing-notworking.html
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
smiley
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
his faith is not strong enough tongue
Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
I think the test of a true tither are those living in western nation and who have killer tax of sometimes over 40% to pay. Add this to 10% and one is left with just a little bellow 50% of gross to live on.

As a civil servant in Nigeria my tax is just about 4% of gross, so to tithe is no big deal. But I stopped tithing bc its simple legalism. Period.

So to answer the OP question: get in God's word. Decide what is right or wrong and that bc your own law. Don't impose it on others though. But while @ it know that today's tithe is a mimicking of Moses tithe, that is done away in Jesus cross.

Just FYI...
Re: Tithe not working , please help by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
DrummaBoy: I think the test of a true tither are those living in western nation and who have killer tax of sometimes over 40% to pay. Add this to 10% and one is left with just a little bellow 50% of gross to live on.

As a civil servant in Nigeria my tax is just about 4% of gross, so to tithe is no big deal. But I stopped tithing bc its simple legalism. Period.

So to answer the OP question: get in God's word. Decide what is right or wrong and that bc your own law. Don't impose it on others though. But while @ it know that today's tithe is a mimicking of Moses tithe, that is done away in Jesus cross.

Just FYI...
My brother I am a big fan of ur philosophy as regards personal study of the scriptures but I must call ur attention to the fact that men of faith had already started tithing b/4 Moses and the law and even b/4 the prophets.Bible says Abraham(the father of faith) paid tithe to Melchizedek and his son Isaac followed suite.Go back and do ur study, u will see this plain truth.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by kufre2010: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2013
If christianity is not based on hypocrisy why would they reject other doctrine like clothings, food choice as old testament stuff but uphold tithing we is old testament doctrine. My brother give ur tithe to the less privilage who don't have food to eat and u wil see how God will bless u. Why given to a man of God to maintain his private jets and fleet of cars.

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2013
SOLAR POWER: My brother I am a big fan of ur philosophy as regards personal study of the scriptures but I must call ur attention to the fact that men of faith had already started tithing b/4 Moses and the law and even b/4 the prophets.Bible says Abraham(the father of faith) paid tithe to Melchizedek and his son Isaac followed suite.Go back and do ur study, u will see this plain truth.

The debate on pre-law tithing has been well debated on this forum and on other foras. You can trust that my decision is based on information gathered. You may refer to the website below for answer to your "advice".

However,to say Isaac also tithed is to say something scriptures did not record. Jacob said he would tithe but there was no mention of whether he did or not.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tell me more, same scenario can be painted for anything and anybody, from Fashola to Jonathan to Obama to education to prayers to faith to Bible passages like joshua 1:8 or whatever a man sows he shall reap, to God Himself. Tithing is not God's HYIP program or lottery. Its a sustainable means of taking care of God's house, living and non living.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by kufre2010: 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123: Tell me more, same scenario can be painted for anything and anybody, from Fashola to Jonathan to Obama to education to prayers to faith to Bible passages like joshua 1:8 or whatever a man sows he shall reap, to God Himself. Tithing is not God's HYIP program or lottery. Its a sustainable means of taking care of God's house, living and non living.
my brother it is voluntary donation and not forceful tithing after all tithing is old testament stuff it should not b practice by churches that based their doctrine on new testament practices
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123: Tell me more, same scenario can be painted for anything and anybody, from Fashola to Jonathan to Obama to education to prayers to faith to Bible passages like joshua 1:8 or whatever a man sows he shall reap, to God Himself. Tithing is not God's HYIP program or lottery. Its a sustainable means of taking care of God's house, living and non living.

Wrong.

New testament is all about giving as you can , as you have , as you are led etc, it is not a precondition for salvation and attracts no curse.

In fact people are more liable to give all under no pressure , than give 10% under pressure, it's human psychology.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by christemmbassey(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
kufre2010: my brother it is voluntary donation and not forceful tithing after all tithing is old testament stuff it should not b practice by churches that based their doctrine on new testament practices
bro abadie?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
kufre2010: my brother it is voluntary donation and not forceful tithing after all tithing is old testament stuff it should not b practice by churches that based their doctrine on new testament practices
What are new testament practices? There should be no forceful giving(whatever forceful means).
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong.

New testament is all about giving as you can , as you have , as you are led etc, it is not a precondition for salvation and attracts no curse.

In fact people are more liable to give all under no pressure , than give 10% under pressure, it's human psychology.
how does this address my post? There is no need to quote my post and type something irrelevant to it. Are you looking for more pages for the thread?

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^

will more pages to the thread pay my bills ?

grin
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2013

But it's your fellow prosperity gospel pimps that present tithing as a guaranteed high yield investment programme. Why don't you expose them the next time you hear them preaching this fraud?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

But it's your fellow prosperity gospel pimps that present tithing as a guaranteed high yield investment programme. Why don't you expose them the next time you hear them preaching this fraud?
i don't listen to fraud or pimps or whatever other name. You seem to hear them more often, even in your thoughts and dreams. Its here that i read antithithers dishonestly twist tithe to mean what it is not. Tithe works till tomorrow.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by PastorKun(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
i don't listen to fraud or pimps or whatever other name. You seem to hear them more often, even in your thoughts and dreams. Its here that i read antithithers dishonestly twist tithe to mean what it is not. Tithe works till tomorrow.

Can you explain to us how tithes works? I know it works for those who preach it and collect it, but how does it work for those actually paying it.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Can you explain to us how tithes works? I know it works for those who preach it and collect it, but how does it work for those actually paying it.
The same way prayer, faith, God's promises, and God's Word works.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by nep2ra(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
The same way prayer, faith, God's promises, and God's Word works.

Hahahahhahahahahahaha. *falls from maggi cube* grin grin grin
Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
I agree with Pastor Kun submission above: the prime reason why the tithe has to be fraud is because of the fruits it is bearing: The Prosperity Gospel.

Every pro-tither on this forum will see nothing wrong with the prosperity gospel. This gospel detract from the gospel of Jesus in many ways but chief among them is to make out a new god for Christians to worship called: BLESSINGS.

Blessing is the Baal worship of our times. Ask these people why they are tithing: for blessing. Tell them they are blessed already Ephesian 1:3, they cannot comprehend it.

Anything that treatens the blessings is viewed with utmost suspicion. Paul writes of them in timothy that they see godliness as a means of gain: I interprete as a means to the blessing.

Did Jesus make blessing his utmost goal: if he did he would not have gone to the cross. Paul faced Jerusalem despite threat to his life but Christians today do all for blessings: pls contrast.

The pursuit of blessing and not godly purpose is anti-christ.

6 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by flourishG(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Image123:
how does this address my post? There is no need to quote my post and type something irrelevant to it. Are you looking for more pages for the thread?
like d way you looking for more pages on d other tithe thread right with all yr hypocritical lies?are u so unsure of your self dat u can't teach consistent truth?
Re: Tithe not working , please help by flourishG(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
DrummaBoy: I agree with Pastor Kun submission above: the prime reason why the tithe has to be fraud is because of the fruits it is bearing: The Prosperity Gospel.

Every pro-tither on this forum will see nothing wrong with the prosperity gospel. This gospel detract from the gospel of Jesus in many ways but chief among them is to make out a new god for Christians to worship called: BLESSINGS.

Blessing is the Baal worship of our times. Ask these people why they are tithing: for blessing. Tell them they are blessed already Ephesian 1:3, they cannot comprehend it.

Anything that treatens the blessings is viewed with utmost suspicion. Paul writes of them in timothy that they see godliness as a means of gain: I interprete as a means to the blessing.

Did Jesus make blessing his utmost goal: if he did he would not have gone to the cross. Paul faced Jerusalem despite threat to his life but Christians today do all for blessings: pls contrast.

it is pple like u that should b teaching God pple.I see d gift of teaching in yr life n truth in yr words above.keep liberating souls from bondage n yoke.1ooo likes for u.I will add u to pple as followed.amen.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
DrummaBoy: I agree with Pastor Kun submission above: the prime reason why the tithe has to be fraud is because of the fruits it is bearing: The Prosperity Gospel.

I agree with you to a good extent. Many people are in church today because of the blessings they ll receive from God. They are not getting it right at all. They are pursuing miracles and are ready to do whatever offering they are asked to make under whatever name. I wholeheartedly support freewill offering/giving but i want to tell you that its not everybody that tithe only because of blessings attached to it. Some of us are tithing simply in obedience to God's word. We also go beyond tithing to give to the poor and help the needy(which is my passion and i also see it as part of my ministry in life) etc. so when you people make blanket statements or judgment and try to compare some of us with the prosperity preachers its irritating. It seems you people dont know how this prosperity preachers operate with the way you use tithing to brand people as prosperity preachers. what prosperity preachers will tell you is to bring out all that is in your pocket and use it to sow a seed and watch how you ll rake in money that week, at some other preaching they will tell you to make a violent offering i.e. empty your account in the church and watch millions roll back or if you are looking for a job they will also tell you to make a violent offering or whatever they call it to get the job. Prosperity preachers are very good in manufacturing names for the various offerings that they will take in a church service. They may come out and say that all those who want husband should sow a seed. After that the next offering may be for those who needs a car. Next may be for those who wants to avert evil on their way. next may be for those who want their promotion in the office. next may be for those who want good health and so on. In one service they ll collect six or more offerings under various titles, then finally they collect tithe. Tithe is the least of their offering. Now these are what we call prosperity preachers. All their teachings are about prosperity from sunday to sunday. when you lump those who are just dwelling on tithe (simply because its in the bible and there is no place the bible said we should stop tithing) together as frauds with this other people that is where you err. This set of people dont force you to give tithe and they dont manufacture offerings rather they leave it as a freewill thing also in obedience to the bible. You people have not mentioned where the bible said we should not tithe and where it said that those who collect tithes are thieves.
Sometimes you people have good messages to pass on but the problem some of you have is that you dont know how best to package it to gain wider acceptance and this is why some of you will flop totally in Nigeria if you carry your message to preach on radio/TV here. Packaging matters in everything. learn more about it. It is packaging that made the prosperity preachers to gain so much acceptance in Nigeria today. They are smarter than you people. BE WISE. There is a way you ll present this your post that i quoted above and you ll see it having wider acceptance and making more impact in the lives of people than the way you have presented it. May be whenever i have chance i ll give an example of what i mean by packaging your messages in a way that it will yield better fruits in people"s lives. For now all i can say is that you have some good messages(NOT ALL) but packaged in a tattered box. Thanks dear.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by DrummaBoy(m): 12:13am On Jun 13, 2013
^Thanks Alex. Atleast we agree on somethings.

I suspect U are of deeper life or some related church. I like DLBC. i served and lived with them in Yola, 2002/2003. i enjoyed my stay there.

I will work on the packaging U talked about.

Thanks.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by flourishG(m): 12:52am On Jun 13, 2013
This Alex have a good heart n I see it in his post.bless brother.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by kufre2010: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2013
christemmbassey: bro abadie?
eyeneka idioke

2 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by ACITYOFTRUTH: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
The ability of the tithe to work is in your taking your eyes from it and focus on get perfection with God in christ u can't receive witout perfection d amount of believe in christ Rom 10:4
Re: Tithe not working , please help by flourishG(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
ACITYOFTRUTH: The ability of the tithe to work is in your taking your eyes from it and focus on get perfection with God in christ u can't receive witout perfection d amount of believe in christ Rom 10:4
tithe does not work nothing,perfection or not.God is too big for such demand.God gives to every man liberally without conditions.I hv seen pple that thinks they perfect paying tithe n still poor.God does everything for pple who don't tithe but still rich n blessed,y shld christians b different?

1 Like

Re: Tithe not working , please help by alexleo(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
flourishG: This Alex have a good heart n I see it in his post.bless brother.

God bless you too. Let's keep praying for one another for God to continue to order our steps on the right track.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by oiseworld: 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
Tithing is compulsory for all christians. You should pay your tithe to God in your various churches. Don't give your tithe to the poor;it is not alms. Neither is it an alternative to charity or kindness.

Don't be deceived for God is not mocked; whatever you sow, you will reap.

Bring yee all the tithe into the store house that there may be meat in my house says the lord of Host, and watch me hence forth if ........
Last time i checked, this scriptures are still in the bible and still a message for the present day Isreal(we). God has not changed, he remains the same for ever more Don't let unseen humans lure you from the truth of God.
Re: Tithe not working , please help by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
oiseworld: Tithing is compulsory for all christians. You should pay your tithe to God in your various churches. Don't give your tithe to the poor;it is not alms. Neither is it an alternative to charity or kindness.

Don't be deceived for God is not mocked; whatever you sow, you will reap.

Bring yee all the tithe into the store house that there may be meat in my house says the lord of Host, and watch me hence forth if ........
Last time i checked, this scriptures are still in the bible and still a message for the present day Isreal(we). God has not changed, he remains the same for ever more Don't let unseen humans lure you from the truth of God.

4 Likes

Re: Tithe not working , please help by Boomark(m): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^Seconded

FAILED!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Challenges Faced By Muslims Turned Atheist / Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' / Prayer Points Against The Dream Of Backwardness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.