Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus (1305 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / How To Start A Profitable Mobile App Biz Without Learning Coding / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus by cj4someone(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2013
1. WRITE AND PUBLISH INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS

Everyone has something of interest they want to learn or achieve. And when they come across materials that promise to teach them how to do or achieve their goal, they enthusiastically want to pay to have such materials. That’s perhaps, the reason why you choose to buy this book.

In the same way, if you look carefully—inwardly or around you, you’ll discover that there are certainly information, ideas, skills, expertise or experience you’ve got that others will gladly pay you to have if you offer it to them for sale—in the form of a book, pamphlet, manual, or handout.

What can I possibly write about?

This is one of the questions that most people instinctively ask whenever the subject of writing is raised. They say: “But I don’t know what to write about” or “I don’t have expertise in any field yet” and so. The truth is that you don’t have to be an ‘expertise’ in anything to write. You only need to make up your mind that you want to write something.

Choosing what to write about

1. Write on subjects you’ve had personal experience with. You can write to share your personal experiences. We’ve all got one. It could be just about anything: about your challenges, your difficulties and eventual success in pursuit of a goal, a dream or target.
If you passed your O’level exams in flying colours at one sitting , you know how you did it, don’t you? Of course, unless you cheated! Tell students preparing for O’level exams the exact steps you took. They’ll be eager to hear from someone who has excelled at a territory they’re only stepping out to explore.

Writing on subjects or topics you have personally encountered will enliven your writing and give you better ideas to talk about.

2. Write on subjects you are skilled or have expertise in: If you have knowledge of something or are skilled in anything, you may want to write on it. For instance, I am skilled in the use of the internet and I wrote a book on it, entitled: “20 Ways you can Use the Internet More Effectively?”

3. Write on need or problem areas: what areas have you noticed that people are struggling with? What are people’s most pressing need you’ve discovered around you? If there’s any, it’s time to research it thoroughly and present a useful step-by-step guide book on it to them. This book is a typical example of a need or problem area.

I noticed that campus students most times wish they could supplement their meager pocket money but always do not know how to go about it.

4. Write on subjects you are passionately interested in: If you simply have strong interest or passion for a subject or topic, you can research it properly and write about it.

It takes interest in your subject or topic to write a quality work that your target audience will find useful and thank you for writing.

5. Write on trendy subjects or matters of interest to the public: People often want to get in-depth information of happenings in the country, marketplace, and the world at large. Please give it to them.

Examples of instructional materials here may include: current affairs, business reports, sports, and entertainment news.

Publishing Your Work

Self-publishing is the way to go. Self-publishing boycotts the needs for agents, traditional publishers, etc. simply go to a printing press and make enquiry on what it will cost you to publish your work once you have complete your work.

Note: that some printers will do both the design and printing for you.
Usually, the higher the number of copies you wish to print, the cheaper the cost, and the better for you. Better for you, in the sense that, the cheaper the printing cost per copy, the more control you’ll have in fixing the price of your work.

As a clue, if the cost of printing 1000 copies is N50, 000, that equals to N50 per copy. So you may choose to sell each copy at a flat rate of N150 or N200, with still a good profit margin.

Marketing / Success Strategies

1. Market your book directly to your audience by yourself. Most people like buying books from the authors.

2. Do your best to explain how they (your audience) will be made better with your book. Remember, you’ll need to convince them to bring out their wallet and pay.

3. Put up advertisement notice for marketers somewhere in your book with a phone no(s) to reach you. If they think your book is sellable, they’ll contact you.

4. Use the bookshops to sell your books. Approach booksellers with an offer. Most of them will like to sell for you on commission basis, which is fine. As a complete or relatively new author, they are not going to jump at your book.

5. Use your book for fundraising. Take your book to people you know and ask them to support it by making some financial contributions. You can do this both before and after you publish your book. You’ll be surprised at how much you’ll raise for yourself through this strategy.

For the other 12 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start on Campus, visit: http://campusbizpack..com/
Re: 13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus by cj4someone(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Publishing instructional materials is one of the most profitable businesses smart students take advantage of on campus.... Apart from making you money, it gives you fame and popularity. If you have good research skills and can write simple, correct sentences, you can start this business. One reason why you should start this business today is for the fact that only a few smart students are doing yet. But in case this business model doesn't appeal to you, you check out the rest. You are sure to find one that makes sense to you. You can reach me via: 07030942495 or okaforchijioke007@gmail.Com for any question.
Re: 13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus by cj4someone(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2013
Yesterday i was in a bookshop and i saw a list of books that fit in the category of instructional materials. So below are a few to give you a clearer picture on what to do:

1. How to Read & Understand Better

2. 21 Habits of Exceptionally Great Students

3. Immortal quotes and wise sayings of the world's Greatest

4. A collection of Speeches by the World Greatest Orator

5. How to Overcome Shyness, Fear Or Social Anxieties.

6. 20 Ways You can Use the Internet More Effectively {mine}

7. And then 13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You can start on Campus {mine, too!}

Hope you get the gist?
Re: 13 Profitable Mobile Businesses You Can Start On Campus by pioneer: 6:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Keep up the good work.

(1) (Reply)

Take Position Now As A New Board Arrives NDDC / Drink.ng / Just2ok.com Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.