Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders (17552 Views)

Chelsea Doctor, Eva Caneiro, Accused Of Having An Affair With A Chelsea Player / Super Falcons of Nigeria Vs Namibia AWC Match: 2 - 0 / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by oluwaoghene: 6:26am On Jun 12, 2013
John Mikel Obi is set to defy Chelsea doctor’s orders and feature for the Super Eagles against Namibia on Wednesday, in a game that will be played on artificial pitch. We all complain about the player been loyal to their club more than the countries, now Mikel is showing patriotism.

The midfielder has suffered a recurring back injury and was recently nursing a hip injury. This led to the club doctors insisting that he does not play on the hard surface of an artificial pitch. We can only hope this does not affect his career, cos this is a risk that could backfire. The Nigerian FA have abandoned players in the past not Mikel has suddenly become broke to send as SOS call to them, but the young man has a future to consider.

The way to go Mikel, patriotism a few international players have shown.

However, Obi has shunned those instructions and is ready to do battle against the Brave Warriors, as Nigeria seeks to qualify for next year’s World Cup in Brazil. The player, who has been linked with a move to Galatasaray, trained on Monday, even as coach Stephen Keshi stated that he did not expect his players to struggle on the astro turf of the Sam Nujoma Stadium.

“I don’t expect us to have any problems with the pitch. We have trained on astro turf and just decided to use grass today (Monday). Tomorrow (Tuesday) we will train at the match ground again,” he said.
The temperature in Windhoek, was as low as 6 degrees on Monday, as the Eagles were put through their paces.

http://futbolgist.com/2013/06/12/nigeria-v-namibia-mikel-defy-chelsea-doctors-orders/
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Boy2boy: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2013
May he nt av any problem as a result of playin d match insha Allah

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by babyboy3(m): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
oluwaoghene: John Mikel Obi is set to defy Chelsea doctor’s orders and feature for the Super Eagles against Namibia on Wednesday, in a game that will be played on artificial pitch. We all complain about the player been loyal to their club more than the countries, now Mikel is showing patriotism.

The midfielder has suffered a recurring back injury and was recently nursing a hip injury. This led to the club doctors insisting that he does not play on the hard surface of an artificial pitch. We can only hope this does not affect his career, cos this is a risk that could backfire. The Nigerian FA have abandoned players in the past not Mikel has suddenly become broke to send as SOS call to them, but the young man has a future to consider.

The way to go Mikel, patriotism a few international players have shown.

However, Obi has shunned those instructions and is ready to do battle against the Brave Warriors, as Nigeria seeks to qualify for next year’s World Cup in Brazil. The player, who has been linked with a move to Galatasaray, trained on Monday, even as coach Stephen Keshi stated that he did not expect his players to struggle on the astro turf of the Sam Nujoma Stadium.

“I don’t expect us to have any problems with the pitch. We have trained on astro turf and just decided to use grass today (Monday). Tomorrow (Tuesday) we will train at the match ground again,” he said.
The temperature in Windhoek, was as low as 6 degrees on Monday, as the Eagles were put through their paces.

Read more on: http://futbolgist.com/2013/06/12/nigeria-v-namibia-mikel-defy-chelsea-doctors-orders/

Well if Mikel gets injured on the astroturf the club would expect Nigeria to cover all of his medical bills or not get paid till he is injury free.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by oluwaoghene: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
baby-boy:

Well if Mikel gets injured on the astroturf the club would expect Nigeria to cover all of his medical billsor not get paid till he is injury free.

I strongly hope that doesn't happen, else Mikel will be very bitter towards Naija.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by otokx(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
If he is injured then Keshi should not field him.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by jhydebaba(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
cry cry cry
If I be Mikel, I no go play tongue. Even Abiola was poisoned afterall he meant well for the country.

June 12

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
N we nid a win o in dis match...Malawi drew wit kenya earlier 2day,i pray notin hapunz to mikel o if he plays o,mikel as changed.Mikel of b4 wil not even want to play on artificial turf.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by babyboy3(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Emmadani: N we nid a win o in dis match...Malawi drew wit kenya earlier 2day,i pray notin hapunz to mikel o if he plays o,mikel as changed.Mikel of b4 wil not even want to play on artificial turf.

Essien ruptured his Knee in Libya and Ghana turned their back on him, now they want him back.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by wheesin(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
how can a pitch be artificial abi no b grass again..! Wel micheal i am bhind you if you fall
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Kings77: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
...but he started his football carrier on ordinary sand,so what's the big deal?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
baby-boy:

Essien ruptured his Knee in Libya and Ghana turned their back on him, now they want him back.
if so,mikel should not play,because i dnt trust 9ja,dey can abandon u later.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by firmphem: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
let's jus hope he doesnt get any reget over this. the guy matters to me in two ways.
he is a nigerian and also he plays for my club
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by olumaxi(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
But mikel once shunned siasia's team 4 same reason durin 1 of d last world cup qualifiers..so,wat kinda patrotism r we talkin here
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Feedmemore(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
The pitch Chelsea played one of the Europa league matches, i think against Rubin kazan, wasn't it an artificial pitch? So, if he can play on that pitch for Chelsea, why can't he do the same for his country?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by tobechi74: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Who says he is not patriotic

Guess he has proven u wrong??
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Jossy4luv1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mikel is patriotic..d oda person dat said he failed to play under siasia as a result of dis same tin,mikel sees d reason y nigeria should qualify 4 d 2014 world cup..when he does nt play,nigerians were d 1s complaining that he wasnt patriotic,and nao that he wants to risk his life playing on an artificial pitch,we are still d ones blaming him,,i dnt even knw what can satisfy Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by slimming: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
That one no good
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by misterh(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Feed me more: The pitch Chelsea played one of the Europa league matches, i think against Rubin kazan, wasn't it an artificial pitch? So, if he can play on that pitch for Chelsea, why can't he do the same for his country?

It's not that he can't play on an artifivial turf. The issue is that he's not 100% ok and playing on the artificial turf might aggravate the problem.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by pekelepekele(m): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
God be with him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Feed me more: The pitch Chelsea played one of the Europa league matches, i think against Rubin kazan, wasn't it an artificial pitch? So, if he can play on that pitch for Chelsea, why can't he do the same for his country?

artificial turf are mainly of two types i know,the fieldturf and the astroturf.What most clubs use is the fieldturf,its more comfortable n safe than the astroturf.Fifa recommends fieldturf,its also planted,but astroturf is mainly synthetic,astroturf is the one in concern now.Mikel is nursing a minor injury,playin in astroturf may increase the risk of a serious injury.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by logica(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Kings@77:
...but he started his football carrier on ordinary sand,so what's the big deal?
The big deal is the contract he has with his club. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Feedmemore(f): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Emmadani: artificial turf are mainly of two types i know,the fieldturf and the astroturf.What most clubs use is the fieldturf,its more comfortable n safe than the astroturf.Fifa recommends fieldturf,its also planted,but astroturf is mainly synthetic,astroturf is the one in concern now.Mikel is nursing a minor injury,playin in astroturf may increase the risk of a serious injury.

Oh i see!

Never knew that there were (2) kind of artificial turf... So, i assume the one in Windhoek is the one he must not play on, right? If yes, then I think he shouldn't risk it.

Thanks for the insight. wink
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by BankuTilapia: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
baby-boy:

Absolute nonsense if u don't hv credible info den stop vomiting garbage.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
With or without him,Nigeria will get a favourable result in Namibia..

He is very important in that midfield though.

I wld field him if i was Keshi..if he gets injured.. sad..God forbid, He shld be dumped.. tongue lipsrsealed..

Yobo and Osaze will form alliance with him..

Osaze will teach him how to fire scud missiles at Nigeria,Nff,keshi even GEJ via TWITTER.. grin grin

Viva Super Eagles..
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by nijanigga: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Boy2boy: May he nt av any problem as a result of playin d match insha Allah
Doctors warned him,what brought insha allahu inside this one.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by nijanigga: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
The happy one will soon sell him.
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Feed me more:

Oh i see!

Never knew that there were (2) kind of artificial turf... So, i assume the one in Windhoek is the one he must not play on, right? If yes, then I think he shouldn't risk it.

Thanks for the insight. wink
ok,y most club use artificial turf is because it is economical n profitable...Whr as if u are using natural grass u need to wet it wit almost 50,000 liters of water everyday to maintain its qualify,because grass losses its quality substance within 7 hours...Meanwhile artificial turf can maintain it quality for more than 50 hours....!Visit abuja national stadium pitch u wil c d disadvantages of lack of maintianing a natural grass,n d govt dnt want to apply artificial turf either.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by datsmee: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Since malawi and kenya played a 2 -2 draw,we should just try 2 win dis match so dat d final game will count for nothing
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by deda(m): 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Jossy4luv1: Mikel is patriotic..d oda person dat said he failed to play under siasia as a result of dis same tin,mikel sees d reason y nigeria should qualify 4 d 2014 world cup..when he does nt play,nigerians were d 1s complaining that he wasnt patrioti[b][/b]c,and nao that he wants to risk his life playing on an artificial pitch,we are still d ones blaming him,,i dnt even knw what can satisfy Nigerians

Pls point of correction. Mikel is not risking his life but rather his career. The Nigeria army fighting boko haram can actually be said to be risking their lifes
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigeria really need to win this match..Keshi should stake all to get the maximum 3points..

Malawi couldnt beat kenya as they conceded an own goal in the 89th min..

A win will take us to the final and knockout round...meaning next match at home with malawi will be a mere formalty.
That will allow keshi to experiment with some local boys like egwuekwe,sambo etc.

That will save nff some cash as the likes of mikel,enyama,musa might not be invited.

Mikel should play this match...
Re: Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
And no 9ja channel go view the match.Chai.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly / Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.